9/7/2010 DLC Discussion - Snoop’s Upside Ya Head!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited September 2010 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;3994237 said:
Hey gang,

This DLC release has been a long time coming... you may remember when we first announced that Snoop was coming to Rock Band ages ago. Well the Doggfather has finally arrived and he's bringing a healthy dose of hip hop to the RB library with him. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Sept. 7):

“Beautiful”
“Drop It Like It’s Hot”
“Ridin’ In My Chevy”
“Sensual Seduction”
“Snoop’s Upside Ya Head”
“Tha Shiznit”
“That’s Tha Homie” *
“Who Am I (What’s My Name)?”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Sept. 8)

(“That’s Tha Homie” will be available on PlayStation 3 in North America Sept. 14 and on PlayStation 3 in Europe Sept. 15.)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii and as “Snoop Dogg Pack 01” on Xbox360 on Sept. 7. “Snoop Dogg Pack 01” will be available for PlayStation 3 Sept. 21 in North America and Sept. 22 in Europe.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$13.49, £8.99 UK, €13.49 EU (1,080 Microsoft Points) for Snoop Dogg Pack 01

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
He's here! He's really here!

Comments

• elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I gotta say the whole xbox preferred treatment is getting annoying. At least keep it simple.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    nice, hope the re-records/charts are good. looking to get the old stuff and i'll throw in "drop it like it's hot" if i'm hungry for more.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited September 2010
    It's too bad they didn't include some of his better classics... I'm not really a fan of the new shizzle. Will be getting *beautiful* though.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited September 2010
    pretty good.....surprised at the lack of Gin and Juice though, and not to ask a dumb question but why does Thats Tha Homie have a * next to it?

EDIT: nevermind.....figured it out....its too early to read haha
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited September 2010
    West Coast! \^/

I'm not gonna lie, getting a pretty well respected rap artist like Snoop in Rock Band is cool.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    PS3 release schedule is ridiculous and why does the pack cost more in the UK than the individual tracks? When does 8 X 0.99p =< £8.99? The individual tracks cost a total of £7.92 for all 8 tracks. Someone at HMX really can't do the math. This isn't the first time this has happened. Might as well not bother making it available as a track pack at all really.

On the brightside it is only Snoop and I have absolutely no interest in buying the songs whatsoever! :D
  • jarrettcogginjarrettcoggin Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    As a PS3 player, I really appreciate being, once again, left to wait. I really hope Harmonix re-evaluates this 360 favoritism, because, as previously stated, it's just getting really annoying.

But hey, this is definitely different music. And Snoop's pretty cool, but I think the tracks will be pretty easy.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    What's with all the PS3 b*itching? There are 7 songs available on Tuesday -- everything except "That's Tha Homie." Is it really gonna leave you out of pocket to pay 2 bucks extra and skip the 1-free-song discount? Choose which is going to cost you more to play these tracks: money or time.

There's nothing "Xbox exclusive" about this. It's just Sony being Sony (yeah, I'm blaming Sony), and not approving one song (for whatever reason).
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, I was going to buy the whole pack but I guess not anymore. This timed pack BS is ridiculous. Why does that one song have to wait weeks to be done for PS3? I guess Sony doesn't want my money. I'll cherry pick instead.
    edited September 2010
    cherokeesam;3994441 said:
    What's with all the PS3 b*itching? There are 7 songs available on Tuesday -- everything except "That's Tha Homie." Is it really gonna leave you out of pocket to pay 2 bucks extra and skip the 1-free-song discount? Choose which is going to cost you more to play these tracks: money or time.

There's nothing "Xbox exclusive" about this. It's just Sony being Sony (yeah, I'm blaming Sony), and not approving one song (for whatever reason).
    It doesn't make sense for one song not to be ready for us. Really strange. Probably the only one I didn't know so oh well.
    edited September 2010
    afterstasis;3994356 said:
    nice, hope the re-records/charts are good. looking to get the old stuff and i'll throw in "drop it like it's hot" if i'm hungry for more.
    These are original master recordings per the OP
  • Orang-UtanOrang-Utan Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    This is such a good choice :cool:
    edited September 2010
    Beautiful is sooo full of win. And I'm surprised they put The Shiznit. Too bad they'll cut off the intro with DJ EZ Dick and the Jack Off Hour. :p

I was hoping for It's a Doggy Doggy World since there are some singing and you get the whole Dogg Pound. Plus the funk beat would've been sweet.
  • The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    I would assume the delay is due to the Sony certification process (maybe HMX got that song to them a little later), or that one track could be Xbox exclusive temporarily which would delay the whole pack download.

Don't care, I'm pumped.

Let's go streaking! Through the Quad and the gymnasium...c'mon Snoop-a-Loop!
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I thought this game was called Rock Band, not Rap Band!

/obvious beating an old horse joke
    edited September 2010
    ^I think that was already argued when Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus came out since they're pop.
  • Silent Scope56Silent Scope56 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Wish we had some rock songs come out instead
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Please no/very few talkies, Harmonix!!! Don't make me come over there!!!
  • Hombre187Hombre187 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I'll check the charts but I'm considering "Snoop's Upside Ya Head" and "Who Am I (What's My Name)?"
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Shame there's nothing other than Snoop.
  • lowe0lowe0 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Doom878;3994443 said:
    Hmm, I was going to buy the whole pack but I guess not anymore. This timed pack BS is ridiculous. Why does that one song have to wait weeks to be done for PS3? I guess Sony doesn't want my money. I'll cherry pick instead.
    Probably failed certification - the song data should be the same, so my money is on an error in the packaging process that couldn't be straightened out in time.
  • lowe0lowe0 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Also, please give "Gin and Juice" the same treatment that "Poker Face" got - let's have the Richard Cheese cover and the original on the same day. (That'd have to wait for the RB3 keys, though.)
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Congratulations to Snoop Dogg for finally making it to Rock Band.

Doggystyle. :D
  • antdogsantdogs Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    WOWWWW awesome this is great!

Thats that homie is gonna be rough on your arms with the drums lmao

now all i need is The Roots And N.E.R.D on here :)

and a song with Pharell hey i can deal with that!
  • Mcmax3000Mcmax3000 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I'm glad to see a couple of people thinking about the situation logically...

If it was some sort of timed exclusive, it would be on all eight songs, not the way things have ended up. It definitely has to be something with certification so instead of making the PS3 audience wait the two weeks for everything, they decided to release what did make it through instead.
  • raydenbladeraydenblade Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Won't be buying any of these tracks, however, I just received my new xbox from weeks of repair waiting so I am content.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Well Doggystyle was the first CD I ever purchased. Always been a Snoop fan and these songs will be instant hits at party's.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I'm uncertain how anyone can claim that this is missing the "classics" or don't want the "new stuff". Snoop Dogg's five biggest hits, based on BillBoard position are (in order, according to Wikipedia):

(1) "Drop It Like It's Hot" (his only #1)
    (2) "Beautiful" (#6)
    (3) "Sensual Seduction" (#7)
    (4) "Who Am I (What's My Name)?" (#8)
    (5) "Gin & Juice" (#8)

We have four out of five of the guys biggest hits, all of which are Billboard Top Ten songs. There is only one major song missing. Really... there can't be that many artists for which we got that many of their TOP hits all at the same time barring an explicit "Greatest Hits" collection.

The whole package is bought first-day for me.
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I'm just glad they're finally releasing this.
    (Read: getting it out of the way.)

Is there any more DLC that's "been in the pipeline" that I'm forgetting about? Or has HMX officially caught up with all rumored releases?
This discussion has been closed.