*Huge Rumor* Beatles songs to be updated for keyboard support?!

MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
edited September 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
According to this twitter account, which is currently tweeting from HMX`s PAX panel, Beatles songs will be updated to support keys. The exact tweets:
Old songs from rock band will be updated for keyboard support... no pricing info yet
That includes Beatles.
I'd take this with a grain of salt until we get an official word from HMX but this could be good news.

UPDATE:

According to RockBandAide, there was no announcement regarding the Beatles and keyboard support:
I know... There was NO Beatles Keys announcement...
I guess we just have to wait and see but RBA is a very trusted Rock Band news source so...

UPDATE 2:

Once again according to RBA, HMX never officially announced the keys support is coming. They did, however, say that the possibility to do something like that is there but nothing is in the works:
Not the horses mouth, but a jockey nearby said the POSSIBILITY is there, but nothing is in the works.
So I guess that puts things to rest...for now.

Comments

• MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I wouldn't take some Tweeter's comments as fact without hard proof. Like you said, this should definitely be taken very lightly.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    If its true, it really opens for the possibility of new DLC. That's why the big piano songs has been hold back, because of the keyboard feature, that was'nt announced.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I just don't see how HMX would do it. I mean, with RB1 and RB2 songs they would be exported to a new engine (RB3) so keys would obviously work. But with the Beatles on an older game engine, it seems like they would have to release a new game in order to do this. I guess we should just wait until we hear more official news before we start speculating.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I'm shaking in excitement.
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I'm gonna file this under "extremely unlikely" because of this
    MostSpartan14;3995241 said:
    with the Beatles on an older game engine, it seems like they would have to release a new game in order to do this.
    and the fact that it's a LOT of extra work that the majority of people will not pay for. Most keyboard heavy songs on the platform already have alt charting and the guitar charts can be played with the keyboard
    edited September 2010
    DookieMan;3995266 said:
    I'm shaking in excitement.
    This is why it helps to have HUGE RUMOUR in the thread title.

Word didn't come from Harmonix. It came from a random user on Twitter.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2010
    Some Beatles comments in the Rock Band section just got deleted... I don't know if that's good or bad news.
    edited September 2010
    Jglaubman;3995284 said:
    Some Beatles comments in the Rock Band section just got deleted... I don't know if that's good or bad news.
    It means they're baseless rumours. Comments aren't deleted because they're true or false.
  • BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    The person has a site called "sarcasticgamer.com". I'm thinking he is just being sarcastic?
    edited September 2010
    Mikachu;3995289 said:
    It means they're baseless rumours. Comments aren't deleted because they're true or false.
    So why wasn't the whole thread deleted? Aren't all these comments coming from random twitter accounts?
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    But with the Beatles on an older game engine, it seems like they would have to release a new game in order to do this. I guess we should just wait until we hear more official news before we start speculating.

Or, the Beatles songs could "export" into the RB3 game engine, and then you pay a fee to "upgrade" the songs to support the new features. This would be easier than patching TB:RB, I'd think.
    edited September 2010
    Jglaubman;3995294 said:
    So why wasn't the whole thread deleted? Aren't all these comments coming from random twitter accounts?
    Why isn't half the Ultimate Setlist purged? It's nothing but flame wars and repeat threads.

I really don't have an answer to your question. All I know is baseless rumours get the boot, and rumours that violate NDA are usually deleted as well.
    samjjones;3995297 said:
    Or, the Beatles songs could "export" into the RB3 game engine, and then you pay a fee to "upgrade" the songs to support the new features. This would be easier than patching TB:RB, I'd think.
    Wouldn't put my money down on that.
    edited September 2010
    samjjones;3995297 said:
    This thought crossed my mind as well. But HMX has been pretty clear that the Beatles isn't gonna export and I honestly think that's not gonna change. I think it's more likely that we'd see a "Beatles: Rock Band 2" before we'd get a Beatles export. Unless those songs are exporting to a "Beatles: Rock Band 2".
  • KudoKudo Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I just don't see how HMX would do it. I mean, with RB1 and RB2 songs they would be exported to a new engine (RB3) so keys would obviously work. But with the Beatles on an older game engine, it seems like they would have to release a new game in order to do this. I guess we should just wait until we hear more official news before we start speculating.
    That is, unless it's the sequel I've pointed to time and time again.

To note, the Beatles songs aren't going to be exportable to RB3 or any other mainstream, non-Beatles themed Rock Band title. That's just never going to happen and Harmonix made that abundantly clear long before the game came out and long after. However, if there is a Beatles sequel, it's highly, highly likely those songs will be exportable for that game and that game alone.
  • edited September 2010
    Jglaubman;3995284 said:
    I know this is the latest en-vogue in conspiracy theories, but nothing has been deleted anywhere. In fact, the only thread I was able to find with a delete was when a user mis-typed and deleted their own post.
  • CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I heard they are doing this with the most popular RB 1 and 2 songs with keyboard, so I don't see why they couldn't do Beatles songs.
    edited September 2010
    Apples;3995326 said:
    I know this is the latest en-vogue in conspiracy theories, but nothing has been deleted anywhere. In fact, the only thread I was able to find with a delete was when a user mis-typed and deleted their own post.
    In this thread, GNF made a comment about it and I replied with a jizzing my pants post. I'm pretty sure someone else replied with a pooping his pants post as well. They're all gone.

Crap.. never mind. It was in another thread.... I'm gonna go sit in my corner and color now.
  • KudoKudo Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    CheeseLord;3995333 said:
    I heard they are doing this with the most popular RB 1 and 2 songs with keyboard, so I don't see why they couldn't do Beatles songs.
    Because TB:RB doesn't have keyboard support in the engine at the moment. The game would practically require an overhaul to be able to support it properly unless Harmonix has some ingenious method in mind. Implementing, testing, and preparing a patch that could provide the functionality would cost tens of thousands of dollars to develop if other games are any indication (as is the case even for just balancing patches in Street Fighter).

To note: RockBandAide's latest Twitter update claims there was no keys announcement for Beatles. I don't think there's any reason to doubt his word; probably the most trustworthy guy in the community (outside of Apples, of course, because I trust those whose monikers come from delicious fruit).
  • edited September 2010
    Jglaubman;3995334 said:
    In this thread, GNF made a comment about it and I replied with a jizzing my pants post. I'm pretty sure someone else replied with a pooping his pants post as well. They're all gone.

Crap.. never mind. It was in another thread.... I'm gonna go sit in my corner and color now.
    ;)

We have deleted things in the past, so I understand people watching out for it. But literally, there have been no moderator deletes in the past few hours. So I just wanted to set that straight for accuracy purposes. Otherwise people assume coverup and jump to conclusions.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Jglaubman;3995334 said:
    GNF made a comment about it and I replied with a jizzing my pants post. I'm pretty sure someone else replied with a pooping his pants post as well.
    PAX sounds like a pretty wild time.
    edited September 2010
    Jglaubman;3995334 said:

Bad Jglaubman. How dare you, thinking that the Rock Band mods are evil Beatles haters ;)
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Unless it really does export into RB3.
  • boblybobboblybob Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Hey, maybe my theory's are right after all! :D
  • boblybobboblybob Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    MostSpartan14 said:
    If you read my huge post on ripping the game apart, there is actually data for a chamberlin instrument.

WHICH as far back as June I was speculating they'd wait till RB3 came out and utilize it for a keyboard update. Thus allowing a new flow of DLC, specifically high-selling, keyboard/mellotron/piano centric DLC. (Lady Madonna, Hey Jude, Let It Be.)

Ha! And it's all coming true! Take that, no-more dlc haters.
    edited September 2010
    From RockBandAide.com

While @ElektraFi said she may have missed something (hence the reason for the full HD recording of the panel), she was not aware of any “Beatles Keys” or “Rock Band 1 / Rock Band 2 Keys” announcement. From the way she heard it, it sounded like Harmonix mentioned that the POSSIBILITY is there for adding Keys to songs featured in previous titles, but not that they have said it is happening. Important to note that these are pretty different things.
    edited September 2010
    boblybob;3995425 said:

Ha! And it's all coming true!
    No...it's not. :(

Look at the first post again.
  • RockBandAideRockBandAide Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    ElektraFi called me after the panel and said she has HD video of the entire panel (similar to how I did for PAX East), so as soon as I get that, I'll upload and post it. That should help remove any ambiguity of what Harmonix may have said at the panel.
  • TheSituationTheSituation Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    See how excited this place becomes at a hint of more Beatles DLC? If this isnt true HMX needs to pull their heads out of their a$$'s
    edited September 2010
    TheSituation;3995501 said:
    See how excited this place becomes at a hint of more Beatles DLC? If this isnt true HMX needs to pull their heads out of their a$$'s
    See how desperately hopeful this place becomes after a baseless rumour?

If you'd like to front Harmonix the means to get the Beatles songs on Rock Band, go right ahead.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    While updating for keyboards would be hot stuff, I just REALLY want more DLC. There isn't a single song from the entire Beatles catalog that I wouldn't buy...no matter if updated for keyboards, pro-mode, or not.