Can't open genres with over 100 songs!!!

ShibariShibari Opening Act
edited September 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Seriously, when I go to the genre selection in the RBN store, I can't choose any genre with over 100 songs, like Metal or Rock, it instantly freezes my 360 if I do. The other genres work fine.

HMX, please fix this!! It's annoying.

Comments

• Metal_Freak219Metal_Freak219 Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    I have the exact same problem, It's terribly annoying and doesn't help when I don't go on the RBN store everyday, and I like to leave it alone for lets say a week, or a week and a half, and then go back, to download all the new songs that came out that I want to download, and I go into Metal, and my Xbox just freezes. It gives me the same problem as you, and it's just silly that it happens, It shouldn't be like that in the first place.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    All Songs -> Sort by Genre -> Problem Solved.
  • HeadHunter67HeadHunter67 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    How does that SOLVE the problem, Mikachu? If the GENRE (or any other category) has over 100 songs, it still locks up the system to view it.

Pat answers don't solve problems, but thanks for playing. Anyone got a real solution?
    edited September 2010
    HeadHunter67;3997341 said:
    How does that SOLVE the problem, Mikachu? If the GENRE (or any other category) has over 100 songs, it still locks up the system to view it.

Pat answers don't solve problems, but thanks for playing. Anyone got a real solution?
    Right.

Go to the Rock Band Network, and select the Genres section. Go to Rock, and watch it freeze.

Now. Go back into the Rock Band Network, select All Songs or whatever it's called and sort by genre. It works and I know it works because I've already done it.

Problem solved.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    HeadHunter67;3997341 said:

The best thing to do when given a possible fix is to TRY IT before *****ing about it.
  • TheDreamGhostTheDreamGhost Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I'm having the same problem now with the Metal genre, I've tried the freeze/reset thing, it doesn't work for me, all it does is make my whole console freeze up, then it repeats itself, this is indeed very annoying as most of the songs I buy are in the metal genre, & it's a fairly big pain in the ass having to sort through 550 songs just for one genre in hopes of finding the one your looking for, I hope they fix this issue soon.
    edited September 2010
    TheDreamGhost;4001646 said:
    I'm having the same problem now with the Metal genre, I've tried the freeze/reset thing, it doesn't work for me, all it does is make my whole console freeze up, then it repeats itself, this is indeed very annoying as most of the songs I buy are in the metal genre, & it's a fairly big pain in the ass having to sort through 550 songs just for one genre in hopes of finding the one your looking for, I hope they fix this issue soon.
    Like I said, just go to All Songs and sort by Genre from there. You can view all of the metal songs without a problem as long as you don't hit A/X before the songs show up.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited September 2010
    Regardless of if there is a solution around it, it should not be left unfixed. RBN is a pain enough to navigate around that I just gave up on the actual store and haven gotten my RBN music directly from the 360 website.
    edited September 2010
    FlyGuyLXI;4001662 said:
    Regardless of if there is a solution around it, it should not be left unfixed. RBN is a pain enough to navigate around that I just gave up on the actual store and haven gotten my RBN music directly from the 360 website.
    Rock Band 3 dumps RBN songs into the universal Music Store.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    FlyGuyLXI;4001662 said:
    In other news: People discover that a patched-in interface doesn't have stable functionality. To the surprise of none, they expect perfection in all things. This, and more, at eleven.
  • TheDreamGhostTheDreamGhost Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Mikachu;4001653 said:
    Like I said, just go to All Songs and sort by Genre from there. You can view all of the metal songs without a problem as long as you don't hit A/X before the songs show up.
    I only sort by Genre, I select metal & the moment I select it the console freezes, it's not a matter of hitting a button too many times, it's just some kind of glitch in the programming I guess.
    edited September 2010
    TheDreamGhost;4001976 said:
    I only sort by Genre, I select metal & the moment I select it the console freezes, it's not a matter of hitting a button too many times, it's just some kind of glitch in the programming I guess.
    No. What you're doing is going specifically to the metal section via Genre, then Metal. Stop it. Just click all songs and tap yellow a few times.
    edited September 2010
    TheDreamGhost;4001976 said:
    Like GNF said, you're sorting by Genre in the Browse section. From the main Network screen, you have to select All Songs (not Browse) and sort by genre from there. If you press a button before the songs load up, though, your system will freeze.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited September 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;4001918 said:
    In other news: People discover that a patched-in interface doesn't have stable functionality. To the surprise of none, they expect perfection in all things. This, and more, at eleven.
    You can try without the snarky remark. I'm not looking for perfection, but the store just doesn't work at all for me most of the time.
    edited September 2010
    FlyGuyLXI;4002249 said:
    You can try without the snarky remark. I'm not looking for perfection, but the store just doesn't work at all for me most of the time.
    We've already gotten word of how it gets fixed.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    This is why I usually go into the store with an idea of what I'm going to purchase, so I can quickly get in and get out without it freezing (no sorting by genre for me).
  • Captain_CoolCaptain_Cool Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;4001764 said:
    Rock Band 3 dumps RBN songs into the universal Music Store.
    Uuuughhh...really? I was hoping that on RB3 they'd still be separated.

I don't want my quality Harmonix charts mixed in with the (mostly) awfully charted RBN music.

Not to mention 3/4ths of the Metal section isn't actually metal. At all.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Captain_Cool;4002927 said:

I don't want my quality Harmonix charts mixed in with the (mostly) awfully charted RBN music.

You cannot fathom the amount of facepalming I did after reading this.
  • HeadHunter67HeadHunter67 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Mikachu;3998078 said:
    Go to the Rock Band Network, and select the Genres section. Go to Rock, and watch it freeze.

Now. Go back into the Rock Band Network, select All Songs or whatever it's called and sort by genre. It works and I know it works because I've already done it.
    GNFfhqwhgads;3998884 said:
    The best thing to do when given a possible fix is to TRY IT before *****ing about it.
    Perhaps you're not making this miracle cure clear to me - sounds like you're telling us to do the exact same thing again. Since the system locks up so hard that I have to power down the machine, there's no "now go back" to be done, understand?

So, if sorting by Genre locks up the systme when you get to Rock, how on Earth would doing the same thing over again solve the problem?
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010

Wow. You are an idiot. Name 10 awful RBN charts.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2010
    Hi everyone. We're aware of this problem, and have spent the last couple days trying to track it down. In some sense, we are a victim of our own success, as now that we have so many songs we exposed a problem in the way that were creating the store indexes for these multi-level menus.

The good news is that a) we should be able to fix it by changing the way the menus work (i.e. behind the scenes for you guys) and b) we THINK we have a solution to the problem. The large brained programmers are testing the fix right now, and with luck this should be working properly later today.

Without luck, all our attempts will fail and we'll try again tomorrow. But I'm a thinking-positive kind of guy. GO PROGRAMMERS! WOOOO!
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2010

Maybe people will stop complaining about RBN charts if they don't know that Harmonix aren't charting them.

Or you could just use the filters
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;4009897 said:
    Maybe people will stop complaining about RBN charts if they don't know that Harmonix aren't charting them.
    That's probably far truer than you think.
    HMXMister_Game;4009859 said:
    The good news is that a) we should be able to fix it by changing the way the menus work (i.e. behind the scenes for you guys) and b) we THINK we have a solution to the problem. The large brained programmers are testing the fix right now, and with luck this should be working properly later today.
    Looks like it's rolling out right now, I just got booted from the store while browsing the new stuff.

EDIT: on closer inspection, these are loafers. (Issues on my end.)
    edited September 2010
    HeadHunter67;4008760 said:
    Perhaps you're not making this miracle cure clear to me - sounds like you're telling us to do the exact same thing again. Since the system locks up so hard that I have to power down the machine, there's no "now go back" to be done, understand?

So, if sorting by Genre locks up the systme when you get to Rock, how on Earth would doing the same thing over again solve the problem?
    And perhaps you're not listening. For the third time, do not go to Browse. Go to All Songs (a huge difference that anybody who can read will be able to point out) and sort by Genre from there. It works.

I can't make that any simpler. Do I need picture proof?
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2010
    This should be fixed now, so you guys can stop arguing about it.

Unless it isn't fixed. Let me know.