Bob Marley Album DLC - September 21st

Gigantor44Gigantor44 Unsigned
edited September 2010 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4027536 said:
Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming at you next week! It's a healthy does of reggae, long over due in Rock Band, courtesy of one of the genre's most beloved icons. We'll be seeing Get Up, Stand Up on disc for RB3, but to tide you over here's the rest of Bob Marley and the Wailers' epic album Legend. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Sept. 21):

“Is This Love” +
“No Woman No Cry” +
“Could You Be Loved”
“Three Little Birds” +
“Buffalo Soldier”
“Stir It Up”
“One Love/People Get Ready”
“I Shot the Sheriff”
“Waiting in Vain” +
“Redemption Song”
“Satisfy My Soul” +
“Exodus”
“Jamming”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Sept. 22)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Legend (Album)” on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for Legend (Album)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Rock Band Network releases will be listed below shortly. Check back soon!
Confirmed!

Comments

• PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    funkydunkleman;4014304 said:
    So were they saving the big stuff for the weeks leading up to RB3? Perhaps to get more buzz and preorders?
    Well it makes sense in terms of good publicity. And the key/harmonies heavy stuff will probably come out first few weeks of RB3 (things like either The Doors/Elton John/Queen etc)

And since we've gotten songs from some RB3 artists, there won't be as much of an immediate demand for MOAR!
  • acdcrockacdcrock Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Might be a bit Ultimate setlist but - my hopes for upcoming DLC (according to rumours)

Bob Marley -
    Slogans
    Natty Dread
    Buffalo Soldier
    Coming In From The Cold
    Stop That Train
    Concrete Jungle
    (Would have picked more obvious ones but I think they would benefit A LOT from keys)

MCR -
    I'm Not Okay
    Teenagers
    Famous Last Words
  • XTommyDonXXTommyDonX Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Sorry, but having his material in Rock Band without harmonies or keys is just really stupid. This pack is easily going to end up being one of the most requested content packs to be updated. It would just be boring without RB3's features.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    robbiecon;4014309 said:
    well it makes sense in terms of good publicity. And the key/harmonies heavy stuff will probably come out first few weeks of rb3 (things like either the doors/elton john/queen etc)

and since we've gotten songs from some rb3 artists, there won't be as much of an immediate demand for moar!
    moar!
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited September 2010
    Getting them but I hope The Doobie Brothers don't come till after RB3. Need dem harmonies.
  • lord of da sithlord of da sith Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Seriously? This is depressing. Why would they get a song by Bob Marley (and this weeks dlc Dio) and feature it in RB3 when they are just going to release more DLC by them before RB3. This doesnt make much sense to me....
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2010
    ig0tTouReTTes;4014301 said:
    Absolutely fantastic. I've been waiting for my chemical romance to have a chance in this game for the last three years. And now that its finally happening i have no idea how im going to contain myself for the next few weeks. Thank you sir, thank you very much :D
    Hold your horses there, buddy. You never know if MCR has had a Soundgarden/Miley Cyrus situation where it got pulled/delayed
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    People need to chill on the *****ing about no harmonies and such... Until you load up RB3 and see that harmonies arent already coded in to some of these late DLC songs then begin your complaining please. Thanks.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    hiimSMAP;4014273 said:
    Could you imagine them blowing Elton John, Billy Joel, and Tori Amos...
    Well, there goes my drink all over the screen. :D
  • bobsnob789bobsnob789 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I remember before Rock Band 2 came out, we got DLC from System of a Down, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Devo, and Duran Duran, all before they showed up in Rock Band 2. I think this is similar because we've already seen DLC from The Vines, Juanes, Ozzy Osbourne, and now Dio and Bob Marley.
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Maybe there will be harmonies and keys charted in already. The closer we get to RB3, the bigger the bummer it is if there are at least not harmonies and keys. Green Day export has harmonies but RB2 just doesn't see them.

Please HMX, for the LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, do NOT release a Yes or Elton John pack BEFORE RB3!
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    Hey, where are all those guys who predicted/ are still saying HMX is releasing crappy songs and "cleaning out the closet" before RB3?

good luck with that
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2010
    I'll grab a few tracks maybe.

A note for those wondering, "No Woman, No Cry" is a live version on the Legend album.
  • MasemMasem Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    One of the PAX panel answers said that they have the facility in RB3 to bring up old DLC w/o keys/harmony/pro up to versions with those features for RB3.

It could be that all these DLC for the last few weeks - while all strictly RB2 compat, have mirrored DLC for RB3 sitting on HMX's computers (not XBL/PSN/Wii stores yet) that will be out on RB3 launch and that this feature of the RB3 library - to upgrade songs - will automatically redownload the improved versions.

Between the various packs of the last few months and this Marley pack and the album cover hints like Chemical Romance, there *are* a lot of harmonies and keys that doesn't make sense to have not included, so this double track would keep HMX on the forefront of good DLC releases without looking like they are slacking.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2010
    cherokeesam;4014372 said:
    Hey, where are all those guys who predicted/ are still saying HMX is releasing crappy songs and "cleaning out the closet" before RB3?

good luck with that
    Um, they are cleaning house. They have to release these songs now since they'll be irrelevant in late October. If they had their way, these songs would be released post RB3, you know
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    kingtonyx;4014382 said:
    I'll grab a few tracks maybe.

A note for those wondering, "No Woman, No Cry" is a live version on the Legend album.
    I know, and aside from a single tiny moment of feedback, it would be pure awesomeness for the keys and vocals.
  • ecIggyecIggy Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Maybe it is just me but for almost the past month each set of DLC has had some sort of new RB3 feature be it harmonies or keys or both. The fact this keeps occurring has me thinking HMX might be up to something like "Oh btw the past months DLC will upgrade to RB3 on launch". It is a long shot I'm sure but I can't help but think it. And I know that since RB3 DLC won't be RB2 compatible the recent songs aren't already RB3 ready... but I'm still curious and keeping my eyes open.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited September 2010
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited September 2010
    if true this will be the best week of DLC this year, Marley is a legend ..... Marley in RB make me want to scream like a little school girl
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    If this is true, I will be getting all the Marley songs. :D
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Lady Siara;4014269 said:
    Aww, again, I feel like it's a waste to release material that could use the RB3 features before RB3 drops.

Although if they update it eventually, I'd be fine with that. Still, any Marley is good Marley. :)
    When you look at it, just about any song could use RB3 features (harmonies, keyboard, pro guitar/bass) at this point, so no matter what they do, they're going to run into that scenario. Best to keep releasing good DLC (albeit maybe not the most highly-demanded DLC) to keep interest up until RB3 comes along.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Still no picture proof, huh? I can't watch VH1 Classic in any room but the family room, and all that TV ever plays is Disney Channel.
  • DanteSparda504DanteSparda504 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Meh. I will get I Shot the Sheriff if it is one of the songs but I will do the very best I can to pretend I am actually playing the vastly superior Clapton version.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Niiicceee Marley is a legend and it's great to have him. All the good DLC and the quotes lately makes me thing, maybe they figured out the update thing... so they want to give RB2 users last really good weeks of DLC, knowing that it would be updated sooner or later with RB3 features.
  • RastabotRastabot Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Yes! This is awesome news. I've had this avatar since RB1 release and the legend is finally in the series!
  • dragon114dragon114 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!! i want it to come out October 26 the day rock band 3 comes out. love bob marly, but I want pro mode
  • TheComedianTheComedian Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Rastabot;4014496 said:
    Yes! This is awesome news. I've had this avatar since RB1 release and the legend is finally in the series!
    Oh that's Bob Marley...
    Nice avatar.:p
  • xRite AidexxRite Aidex Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Yawn

another pointless week for me
This discussion has been closed.