Bob Marley Album DLC - September 21st

Comments

• cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    Hey, where are all those guys who predicted/ are still saying HMX is releasing crappy songs and "cleaning out the closet" before RB3?

good luck with that
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2010
    I'll grab a few tracks maybe.

A note for those wondering, "No Woman, No Cry" is a live version on the Legend album.
  • MasemMasem Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    One of the PAX panel answers said that they have the facility in RB3 to bring up old DLC w/o keys/harmony/pro up to versions with those features for RB3.

It could be that all these DLC for the last few weeks - while all strictly RB2 compat, have mirrored DLC for RB3 sitting on HMX's computers (not XBL/PSN/Wii stores yet) that will be out on RB3 launch and that this feature of the RB3 library - to upgrade songs - will automatically redownload the improved versions.

Between the various packs of the last few months and this Marley pack and the album cover hints like Chemical Romance, there *are* a lot of harmonies and keys that doesn't make sense to have not included, so this double track would keep HMX on the forefront of good DLC releases without looking like they are slacking.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2010
    cherokeesam;4014372 said:
    Hey, where are all those guys who predicted/ are still saying HMX is releasing crappy songs and "cleaning out the closet" before RB3?

good luck with that
    Um, they are cleaning house. They have to release these songs now since they'll be irrelevant in late October. If they had their way, these songs would be released post RB3, you know
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    kingtonyx;4014382 said:
    I'll grab a few tracks maybe.

A note for those wondering, "No Woman, No Cry" is a live version on the Legend album.
    I know, and aside from a single tiny moment of feedback, it would be pure awesomeness for the keys and vocals.
  • ecIggyecIggy Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Maybe it is just me but for almost the past month each set of DLC has had some sort of new RB3 feature be it harmonies or keys or both. The fact this keeps occurring has me thinking HMX might be up to something like "Oh btw the past months DLC will upgrade to RB3 on launch". It is a long shot I'm sure but I can't help but think it. And I know that since RB3 DLC won't be RB2 compatible the recent songs aren't already RB3 ready... but I'm still curious and keeping my eyes open.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited September 2010
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited September 2010
    if true this will be the best week of DLC this year, Marley is a legend ..... Marley in RB make me want to scream like a little school girl
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    If this is true, I will be getting all the Marley songs. :D
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Lady Siara;4014269 said:
    Aww, again, I feel like it's a waste to release material that could use the RB3 features before RB3 drops.

Although if they update it eventually, I'd be fine with that. Still, any Marley is good Marley. :)
    When you look at it, just about any song could use RB3 features (harmonies, keyboard, pro guitar/bass) at this point, so no matter what they do, they're going to run into that scenario. Best to keep releasing good DLC (albeit maybe not the most highly-demanded DLC) to keep interest up until RB3 comes along.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Still no picture proof, huh? I can't watch VH1 Classic in any room but the family room, and all that TV ever plays is Disney Channel.
  • DanteSparda504DanteSparda504 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Meh. I will get I Shot the Sheriff if it is one of the songs but I will do the very best I can to pretend I am actually playing the vastly superior Clapton version.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Niiicceee Marley is a legend and it's great to have him. All the good DLC and the quotes lately makes me thing, maybe they figured out the update thing... so they want to give RB2 users last really good weeks of DLC, knowing that it would be updated sooner or later with RB3 features.
  • RastabotRastabot Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Yes! This is awesome news. I've had this avatar since RB1 release and the legend is finally in the series!
  • dragon114dragon114 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!! i want it to come out October 26 the day rock band 3 comes out. love bob marly, but I want pro mode
  • TheComedianTheComedian Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Rastabot;4014496 said:
    Yes! This is awesome news. I've had this avatar since RB1 release and the legend is finally in the series!
    Oh that's Bob Marley...
    Nice avatar.:p
  • xRite AidexxRite Aidex Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Yawn

another pointless week for me
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Guess I'm one of the few who aren't too excited about Marley. The only song I know from him is in RB3. I'll have to give a listen to the songs once we know what they are.

EDIT: Just listened to some of his songs, and I can't understand why these are being released without RB3 features. I'm starting to think what someone said a little earlier, that recent DLC may have RB3 features ready for upgrade when RB3 launches.
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Yeeeeeees awesome!! Can't wait. This + Dio + Silverchair, man, they're on a roll.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    No, this is very bad, these tracks NEED and CAN utilize RB3 features. I'm going to be very disappointed, I'm not even sure if I'm gonna buy these
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited September 2010
    Never been a Bob Marley fan...so I'll probably pass on this. Maybe after I see the charts.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited September 2010
    SystemSCSnake;4014618 said:
    No, this is very bad, these tracks NEED and CAN utilize RB3 features. I'm going to be very disappointed, I'm not even sure if I'm gonna buy these
    Since I practically said the same thing myself in the quote below me, I should bring this up.
    Masem;4014394 said:
    One of the PAX panel answers said that they have the facility in RB3 to bring up old DLC w/o keys/harmony/pro up to versions with those features for RB3.

It could be that all these DLC for the last few weeks - while all strictly RB2 compat, have mirrored DLC for RB3 sitting on HMX's computers (not XBL/PSN/Wii stores yet) that will be out on RB3 launch and that this feature of the RB3 library - to upgrade songs - will automatically redownload the improved versions.

Between the various packs of the last few months and this Marley pack and the album cover hints like Chemical Romance, there *are* a lot of harmonies and keys that doesn't make sense to have not included, so this double track would keep HMX on the forefront of good DLC releases without looking like they are slacking.
    This is a reminder about "Straight Lines", "Mountain Man", and possibly "Bulletproof". So, I wouldn't really lose any hope.

Anyways, I went fishing through VH1 classic, I didn't see anything, but I still enjoyed the neat one-hit wonders. :)
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    i'll buy these regardless and am extremely excited to see HMX finally paying attention to reggae, but i will undeniably be somewhat disappointed if these tracks never see RB3 features.
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited September 2010
    No thanks, i'll pass (again)
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    They've gotta have RB3 features with those harmonies...

Not a big fan of his, but I'll probably buy "I Shot the Sheriff," "Three Little Birds," and "Buffalo Soldier" anyway.
  • acdcrockacdcrock Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I'll get the whole thing, better get updated though, stupid of them to release the whole album now when some of them are quite prominent on keys
  • kangaroo62kangaroo62 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Bob Marley seems like it wouldn't be that fun in RB, but he's awesome to listen to.
  • BUBBA6969BUBBA6969 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    ecIggy;4014418 said:
    Maybe it is just me but for almost the past month each set of DLC has had some sort of new RB3 feature be it harmonies or keys or both. The fact this keeps occurring has me thinking HMX might be up to something like "Oh btw the past months DLC will upgrade to RB3 on launch". It is a long shot I'm sure but I can't help but think it. And I know that since RB3 DLC won't be RB2 compatible the recent songs aren't already RB3 ready... but I'm still curious and keeping my eyes open.
    I agree with this! They have done drum charting for pro mode for a long time that nobody seemed to know about til RB3. Would make sense to me that they add the new features into DLC keeping it a "surprise" till launch
  • CPT BJCPT BJ Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Awesome stuff for those who are Bob Marley fans, not for me though but happy for those who want these tracks :D
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited September 2010
This discussion has been closed.