Question About RBN 2.0

Carpe_DiemCarpe_Diem Road Warrior
edited September 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Does RBN 2.0 will feature songs 10 minutes + ? or that limit will not be changed?

Comments

• Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I don't think it's changed unfortunatly... though I am wondering about the whole "Neverending Epic Songs" length sort by in RB3. I'm hoping we will get some songs over 10 minutes at least in Harmonix DLC.
  • Carpe_DiemCarpe_Diem Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4014800 said:
    I don't think it's changed unfortunatly... though I am wondering about the whole "Neverending Epic Songs" length sort by in RB3. I'm hoping we will get some songs over 10 minutes at least in Harmonix DLC.
    I know... but even in normal DLC it's hard to see songs that pass the 10 minute mark....
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4014800 said:
    From what I could tell "Neverending Epic" songs are over 9 minutes. The 10-minute limit has been attributed to memory limitations that RBN authors and playtesters aren't equipped to deal with efficiently. Only four songs out of the over 1300 that Harmonix have released go over that limit, so it's not really that big a deal.
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    It is for the people who want songs that are longer than that for the very reason Harmonix doesn't often release long songs.
    edited September 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;4014844 said:
    From what I could tell "Neverending Epic" songs are over 9 minutes. The 10-minute limit has been attributed to memory limitations that RBN authors and playtesters aren't equipped to deal with efficiently. Only four songs out of the over 1300 that Harmonix have released go over that limit, so it's not really that big a deal.
    What are the four? One of them is "The Camera Eye", right? What are the others?

Also, yeah, I know what it's been attributed to, but it still seems at least semi-arbitrary to me. Wasn't it because the beats are more likely to de-synch or something? Either way, it doesn't seem like a completly unfixable problem.
  • Carpe_DiemCarpe_Diem Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    The Who song it's another one i believe...... don't know about the others...
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited September 2010
    The Who Superbowl S-Mashup is about 10 minutes I believe.
    ...And Justice For All is 9:45
    Green Grass and High Tides is also around 9:45
    I Heard it through the Grapevine is about 9 minutes
    The Beatles Abbey Road Medley is over 10 minutes (if that counts)
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    BohemianMatt;4015049 said:
    The Who Superbowl S-Mashup is about 10 minutes I believe.
    ...And Justice For All is 9:45
    Green Grass and High Tides is also around 9:45
    I Heard it through the Grapevine is about 9 minutes
    The Beatles Abbey Road Medley is over 10 minutes (if that counts)
    The Abbey Road Medley would only count if it was playable in the main RB series. And it's about 17 minutes.

I think the live versions of AC/DC's High Voltage and Let There Be Rock are also over 10 minutes.
  • Ralphy2009Ralphy2009 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Rock Band

I Heard It Through the Grapevine 10:18
    Jailbreak (Live) 11:40
    The Camera Eye 10:40
    The Who Super Bowl S-mashup 12:48

Beatles

Abbey Road Medley 16:32
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Don't forget "Free Bird" will be on-disc for Rock Band 3.
    edited September 2010
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2010
    The version on the record fades out, though I think the master in Guitar Hero: Smash Hits was "only" about 9:40 or so.
    edited September 2010
    Man, as a prog fan, 9:40 really isn't that long lol. My average song length is probably about 11 minutes.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;4014844 said:
    From what I could tell "Neverending Epic" songs are over 9 minutes. The 10-minute limit has been attributed to memory limitations that RBN authors and playtesters aren't equipped to deal with efficiently.
    I'd heard this too, but then at one point I brought it up in a thread on the creators site and Nord said that it's not the case, it's more arbitrary (they had to set a limit somewhere and settles on 10 minutes). I don't know which explanation is correct, but either way the 10 minute limit seems like it's probably not changing.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;4016754 said:
    The version on the record fades out, though I think the master in Guitar Hero: Smash Hits was "only" about 9:40 or so.
    I just checked the GH5 store. 9:44
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2010
    Quazifuji;4017471 said:
    I'd heard this too, but then at one point I brought it up in a thread on the creators site and Nord said that it's not the case, it's more arbitrary (they had to set a limit somewhere and settles on 10 minutes). I don't know which explanation is correct, but either way the 10 minute limit seems like it's probably not changing.
    My explanation is correct.

Duh!