40 Days & 40 Nights of Drake-A-Palooza Thread. Come Celebrate!

The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
edited October 2010 in Rock Band
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and children of all ages I welcome you to the Drake-A-Palooza Thread. Here we will be discussing all things John Drake as our countdown to RB3 continues. Show your support by adding Drake as your avatar, discussing the Drake vs. Fake Steven Tyler battle and anything else your heart desires.

Who's John Drake? I'm glad you asked, he's not only a Harmonix Developer, but also a One Man Dance Party and drummer of the rockin band The Main Drag! He loves A1 sauce and being generally goofy. More John Drake and HMX at PAX

He's also the bringer of PSN DLC discounts - no doubt a saint by some measure: Drake is The Man!

Drake-A-Palooza theme (as suggested by Doc_SoCal).

During this time of celebration, and when confronted with all the challenges life has to offer (boxers vs. briefs, paper vs. plastic, A1 or Heinz 57), always take a moment and ask yourself "What Would John Drake Do?" (WWJD) - Motto courtesy of Howieduen

New Community Questions for John Drake.

26-32. From SkyttSkytt:
26. What is/are your favorite thing/s about working at Harmonix?
27. What advice would you give to people wanting to get their foot in the door in the video game industry?
28. What qualities do you think a prospective Harmonix employee should have?
29. When is The Main Drag going to play in the bay area of California?
30. How much time do you get to spend playing with your band? Do you tour much/at all outside of the Boston area?
31. If you had to choose between playing music and working for Harmonix, and could only have one of those, which would you choose?
32. How far do you hope to go as a musician? As in as a career shooting for Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame status, or just keep it as a side project casually with friends, or somewhere in between.

Drake-A-Palooza Community Questions answered by John Drake.

'The Drake' Answers YOUR Questions, Part 1
The Almighty Drake Answers YOUR Questions, Part 2

Comments

• The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Banky71;4028146 said:
    Isn't this all covered in the very special thread? Seems like over kill to me.

That thread was about a video. This thread is in celebration of the next 39ish days!
    edited September 2010
    Flawless;4028150 said:
    I feel like people are neglecting Henry.

:(

[AV Change time.]

Yeah, I figured we celebrate the Happy Henry Holiday Season come mid Novenmber.
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Where's the "I like him but this BS about just playing Pro Mode bass on a guitar controller has to stop." option?
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    edited September 2010
    The_Spleen;4028156 said:
    That thread was about a video. This thread is in celebration of the next 39ish days!
    40 days and 40 nights is a biblical reference, Not allowed!!
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited September 2010
    Banky71;4028163 said:
    40 days and 40 nights is a biblical reference, Not allowed!!
    No religion on these boards please.

[Unless it's devoted to employees of Harmonix or forum members.]
    edited September 2010
    Flawless;4028165 said:
    No religion on these boards please.

[Unless it's devoted to employees of Harmonix or forum members.]
    Is that really the rule??
  • Musicfreak82515Musicfreak82515 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Banky71;4028172 said:
    Is that really the rule??
    We were just waiting for a sign so we could begin worship on the boards.
  • Rock a SkullRock a Skull Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I support this thread...
    edited September 2010
    Musicfreak82515;4028175 said:
    We were just waiting for a sign so we could begin worship on the boards.
    Well it's a good thing this isn't turning creepy or anything...
    edited September 2010
    Banky71;4028178 said:
    *turns around from construction of the giant A1 bottle*

Oh yeah, sure, yeah..
  • RagAndBoneRagAndBone Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Banky71;4028178 said:
    I don't see anything creepy here.
  • acdcrockacdcrock Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    When does the PSN sale begin? Shame it's not the same stuff as Liveapalooza but I'll pick up some songs as they're cheap. Also, I absolutely hate the PS.com community, here's a quote from one of the comments completely uninformed and spouting it like truth -
    Important point, here, guys: these songs are NOT going to have Pro-Mode or keyboard charts if you buy them now…but you better believe AFTER RB3 is released, that they are going to be re-released with the new bells and whistles. And Harmonix WILL say that there is no way to update existing DLC to add these things…so you’ll get to buy them again if you want to play them…

Caveat emptor.
    edited September 2010
    acdcrock;4028197 said:
    When does the PSN sale begin? Shame it's not the same stuff as Liveapalooza but I'll pick up some songs as they're cheap. Also, I absolutely hate the PS.com community, here's a quote from one of the comments completely uninformed and spouting it like truth -
    That's a boneheaded comment for sure (not yours...the one you quoted).

Personally, I think these sales are a gauge of how many people are still actively pursuing RB DLC: if a lot of people have abandoned RB (or rhythm gaming altogether), the sale's not going to make much of a blip. If a bunch of people have just been sitting out, waiting for a deal, they should see a real surge based on the tracks they marked down.
    edited September 2010
    acdcrock;4028197 said:
    Well... *trying not to bash PS3 users because they usually are the last to receive news and such*

I guess you oughta just fire back that HMX hasn't said anything that they'd update older songs.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited September 2010
    [QUOTE=Important point, here, guys: these songs are NOT going to have Pro-Mode or keyboard charts if you buy them now…but you better believe AFTER RB3 is released, that they are going to be re-released with the new bells and whistles. And Harmonix WILL say that there is no way to update existing DLC to add these things…so you’ll get to buy them again if you want to play them…

Caveat emptor.[/QUOTE]

That spew was the bile from a ruptured organ. Where do these people come from?
    edited September 2010
    Please don't let this thread turn into console war discussion. This is a thread of harmony, happiness, A1, celebration, and good times.
    edited September 2010
    Musicfreak82515;4028206 said:
    Well... *trying not to bash PS3 users because they usually are the last to receive news and such*

I guess you oughta just fire back that HMX hasn't said anything that they'd update older songs.
    I'm sure there are dickheads of that sort on all consoles.

Everyone overlooks that the advantage of buying stuff now instead of waiting to see if they're going to add the "bells and whistles" is that you get to play it now.

Duh.

Too many people are accustomed to stealing music...uh, I mean...accustomed to music being free...

EDIT: Sorry...I thought this was the PSN DLC Sale thread. Didn't realize we were hijacking Drake-a-palooza.
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Hail to the king, baby.
  • acdcrockacdcrock Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I hope Drake comments (as I've seen mods/blog posters do before) back at the idiot and that it doesn't taint the PS3 community, we can't have full RBN because of Sony, no need to piss off HMX too
    edited September 2010
    BonE74Me;4028214 said:
    Hail to the king, baby.

Love the avatar.
    edited September 2010
    DesiredFX;4028212 said:
    I'm sure there are dickheads of that sort on all consoles.

Everyone overlooks that the advantage of buying stuff now instead of waiting to see if they're going to add the "bells and whistles" is that you get to play it now.

Duh.

Too many people are accustomed to stealing music...uh, I mean...accustomed to music being free...
    Biggest Online grey area my friend ;) I'll leave it at that.

And one more thought: What if it costed more to buy the updated track all together instead of already having the track and having to not pay at all/pay very little to update it?

Back on topic: We need more followers...?
    edited September 2010
    Musicfreak82515;4028219 said:
    And one more thought: What if it costed more to buy the updated track all together instead of already having the track and having to not pay at all/pay very little to update it?
    Complainers complain in complainey ways no matter how little there is to complain about.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited September 2010
    I just saw Drake at Costco with Dave Grohl....They were buying mass quantities of A-1 and coffee. They are preparing for the battle of the new millenium.

Edit: Yes, Fake Steven Tyler was driving.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Main Drag and A1 Rules!
    edited September 2010
    I would love to see a video of Drake pounding a bottle of A1.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2010
    Flawless;4028150 said:
    I feel like people are neglecting Henry.

:(

[AV Change time.]
    Henrypalooza is like the babbling brook outside your cabin window - it's always there, very softly, and is the background to your daily cabin living

Drake-a-palooza is like an A1-fueled face punch with your mind. It's fast, it's powerful, it's utterly confusing, and you're not sure why it exists - but you know darn well that you can't ignore it until it's over
    edited September 2010
    HeyRiles;4028244 said:
    Henrypalooza is like the babbling brook outside your cabin window - it's always there, very softly, and is the background to your daily cabin living

Drake-a-palooza is like an A1-fueled face punch with your mind. It's fast, it's powerful, it's utterly confusing, and you're not sure why it exists - but you know darn well that you can't ignore it until it's over

Damn right, the people in the 60's had a similar experience when dropping Queludes while jamming out with the Grateful Dead.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Drake can FC Roundabout on expert pro keys while drinking a gallon of A1. It's true, look it up.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    acdcrock;4028197 said:
    A. PSN sale begins on 09/21.
    B. Even if they did re-release the tracks eventually, it would be with an upgrade pack of some sort, most likely. HMX is looking into "upgrading legacy DLC", not "re-releasing legacy DLC". Pretty much an Add-On to the Add-On.
  • HellishDeedsHellishDeeds Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Originally in rock band, there was to be a fourth instrument. An empty bottle of A1 steaksauce, but after extensive testing they found the instrument to be way to difficult to master and threw the idea away. The only person to (even) 3 star a song on "Bottle" expert was Dave Grohl on the song polly in 1974.