Have you got the "Love" code cracked?

nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
edited September 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I've been looking around yesterday on Google and I couldn't find that the answer has been totally cracked.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, this is it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(The_Beatles_album) (release history, 1st paragraph, last sentence)

So far, I've only found one possible clue: On a Beatles fan site, someone pointed out that cutting out the bottom half (somewhat like Sgt. Pepper's) of the word LOVE resembles the word CODE (http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?p=759806). However, it seems unlikely that's what Giles Martin (producer) was aiming for.

I say we work together and try to figure out what this code is ;)

Comments

• JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    All for it man, let's see what we find out
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    What is the code? Is it supposed to be hidden in the songs or on the physical album?

Or is the code something like this:
    Love
    The Word is Love
    The Word is also The Bird, which is from:
    Surfing Bird
    Surfing USA, which is based off of:
    Sweet Little Sixteen, which is written by:
    Chuck Berry, who also wrote:
    Back In The USA, which was the basis for the name of:
    Back In The USSR, which has the lyrics:
    Georgia on my Mind, which was written by:
    Ray Charles, who wrote:
    What'd I Say:

"Paul McCartney was immediately struck by the song and knew that when he heard it he wanted to be involved in making music. George Harrison remembered an all-night party he attended in 1959 where the song was played for eight hours non-stop: 'It was one of the best records I ever heard.' While The Beatles were developing their sound in Hamburg, they played 'What'd I Say' at every show, trying to see how long they could make the song last and using the audience in the call and response, with which they found immense popularity. The opening electric piano in the song was the first John Lennon had ever heard, and he tried to replicate it with his guitar. Lennon later credited Ray Charles' opening of 'What'd I Say' to the birth of songs dominated by guitar riffs."

Is that the code? I'm still confused on what the code actually is supposed to be.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited September 2010
    gamegyro56;4030318 said:
    Is that the code? I'm still confused on what the code actually is supposed to be.
    Giles gave us no clue on what the clue actually was, so it's just best to either take things one step at a time, or to take some guesses and hope they're right
  • CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    GameGyro, Dude....That's some deep stuff....IT MUST BE CORRECT!

It's interesting though because I have never heard of this until now and I'm suprised no one has offically gotten it yet. Where do you go to get your prize anyways? I'll bet the clue is in the audio or something. BUt what is it a clue for? It's a mystery!
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I found a site that has all the Love tracks separated into the individual tracks. It's probably illegal to show it here, so that's why I'm NOT going to tell you to google Loveology and click on the 4th link.
    edited September 2010
    CheeseLord;4030344 said:
    GameGyro, Dude....That's some deep stuff....IT MUST BE CORRECT!

It's interesting though because I have never heard of this until now and I'm suprised no one has offically gotten it yet. Where do you go to get your prize anyways? I'll bet the clue is in the audio or something. BUt what is it a clue for? It's a mystery!
    What aboout the end with the "Johnny Rythm" message?
    gamgyro56;4030344 said:
    I found a site that has all the Love tracks separated into the individual tracks. It's probably illegal to show it here, so that's why I'm NOT going to tell you to google Loveology and click on the 4th link.
    smooth :D
  • beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Hmmm, never heard of this before... now this gives me a reason to go completely insane while trying to get the secret message...
    edited September 2010
    beatlesfan99;4030769 said:
    Hmmm, never heard of this before... now this gives me a reason to go completely insane while trying to get the secret message...
    me too man, me too :D
  • Zachy7777Zachy7777 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    gamegyro56;4030446 said:
    *Wink Wink* :cool:
  • celtfanceltfan Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    how pissed would you be if you spent years tryin to crack the code and when you did all you got from it was Paul Is Dead :D
  • SaintlyStickSaintlyStick Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I think this will end up like the code to the Pink Floyd album "The Division Bell". It was never solved :eek:
  • CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Division Bell has a code? Do we no anything about it? When people ask me what I learned today I do not hesitate to tell them all I learned was about Rock and Roll, and I learned it from the internet.