Rock Band FAQs

IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
edited July 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
I've noticed that regardless of a Frequently Asked Questions Link at the top of the Rock Band Page, people are still posting threads that are already answered here. Since some of you lack the abilities to click on the link up top. I've provided the most common questions and answers here.

Rock Band FAQ 05/23/2007

Q: Is Rockband going to cost 300 dollars to get like I saw on that blog?

A: We haven't set any prices so anything you see on the internet right now is purely speculative. We are working really hard to strike a balance between affordability and good equipment. Once we know what we are going to have for a price we will let you know.

Here is a good example of this question being asked in an un-necessary thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Will my Xbox 360 GH controller work with Rock Band?

A: We intend on supporting the X-Plorer guitar controller, yes. We also intend on supporting any third party controllers that come out. We know that the fans want a choice of controllers to play our game and we have no desire to get in the way of that. That said - our Fender Strat controller is going to have some added features that bring some extra awesomosity to the table and the X-Plorer controller may not have the capabilities to utilize all these features, but you should be able to play the game unhindered.

Once again a useless thread, a waste of space. Just look around before posting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: So the game is going to be multiplayer? What if I just want to play by myself?

A: You can do that. There will be full featured solo modes as well.

Need I say more?

Q: What systems will this be available on?

A: We are putting this out for Xbox 360 and PS3 for Holiday 2007. We're looking into putting it out on other platforms but we haven't announced anything specific.

Q: Hey can I make a suggestion for a song?

A: Of course you can. Believe it or not we listened to every suggestion sent to us over the course of GH and GH II (thousands at last count). Real soon we hope to have an automated suggestion section on the website where you can send song ideas or bands you would like to see. Until then feel free to head to the forums and post your ultimate setlist (there's a whole forum section dedicated to that!)

Q: When is Rockband coming out?

A: We haven't set an exact date but we will have you rocking for the 2007 holiday season.

Q: So, wait, is it Rock Band or Rockband?

A: Ha! You noticed! We're working on that.

Q: Should I keep coming back here to find out new stuff about the game?

A: I think that would be a good idea on your part. In addition to us making sure you are on top of all the new information about the game there are lots of us developers from Harmonix on here posting blogs about what we do and we hit the forums pretty frequently as well to hang out with the fans.

As more info is released, I am sure these will be updated to accommodate everyones questions. Please be a smart poster and look before you ask!

Comments

• hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Thanks IB. Even though people lack the ability to click the link on the top of the page. They will also lack the ability to click this thread lol.

I would love it if everyone just took a second to look for answers, rather than make a million threads about the pricing and how the drums and singing will work.

But thanks for putting this up, I hope it gets well used.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    MrtyMcfly;21762 said:
    But thanks for putting this up, I hope it gets well used.
    I hope it does too! I hate having to sift through tons of threads that ask the same crap just to get to the ones that are what I am looking for.
    edited July 2007
    Does anyone find this usefull?
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    I think it's inevitable. Even in the Rock Band forum there's a sticky at the top for a thread called "So how is the drum controller going to look" It's several pages long, with hundreds of views and responses. Yet, there's still people making threads about double bass, and adding cymbals and such.

You could make a FAQ thread with every single possible question you can think of, but there'd still be people making posts with old and stupid questions.

Great effort though! I'm sure the moderators appreciate the help!
    edited July 2007
    Touche! Damn the idiocy!