Note to all 360 users

DroosiesDroosies Rising Star
edited October 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm a lowly PS3 user who only gets 5 songs a week, so I need your help. OK...now that the groveling is out of the way...if I don't see "Epic Symphony in A Flat Minor, First Movement: Marching Out" by Van Friscia on PS3 in 30 days time, I will find you. That song is freaking epic and at over 6 minutes long for a $1 song, there's no excuse not to get it. That song looks AMAZING to play, so get it done 360 people.

Also, if you get a chance, I'm still waiting on those Paul Henry and the Fauxharmonic Orchestra tracks over here. Download those too or feel my wrath as a lowly PS3 user.

Comments

• bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;4033714 said:
    i think hes trying to get us to download thosse songs so that songs make it to the ps3, or am i mistaken? :confused:
    Yeah, but it will still be Sony's fault if not enough 360 players download the songs.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    bigmf;4033956 said:
    Yeah, but it will still be Sony's fault if not enough 360 players download the songs.
    Considering Sony set the 5 song limit...then yeah. Kind of is.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2010
    I'm pretty sure Sony set the limit because they don't want all the songs in the world overloading their servers. I mean, if you were a multi-million dollar company, would you want downloadable content that would garner 20 downloads? Not worth the server usage

So they set the limit to pick out the 'best-of' RBN, as decided by Harmonix based on sales and Artist of the Week. Sometimes they get some more obscure ones on there too, sneak it past Sony
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    DAMN IT!

Someone made a thread about a specific song, so now I'm required to check it out...

... it's pretty cool, I might get it.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited September 2010
    Everything is Sony's fault. EVERYTHING. The economy? That's Sony. Lebron ditching Cleveland? SONY. The existence of Jersey Shore? SONY.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4033703 said:
    Doesn't work like that.

Basically, it's all Sony's fault. They have submission limits or something.
    You clearly didn't bother to read the original post. I'm guessing this is your default response to grumbling PS3 users and that you copy and paste it from somewhere every time you open a thread which 0.001 seconds of reading indicates is another generic woe-is-us thread.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2010
    Mex;4034007 said:
    Everything is Sony's fault. EVERYTHING. The economy? That's Sony. Lebron ditching Cleveland? SONY. The existence of Jersey Shore? SONY.

Jersey Shore was Microsoft's blessing
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2010
    Numskull;4034008 said:
    You clearly didn't bother to read the original post. I'm guessing this is your default response to grumbling PS3 users and that you copy and paste it from somewhere every time you open a thread which 0.001 seconds of reading indicates is another generic woe-is-us thread.
    It's Sony's fault that he didn't read the first post.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2010
    I don't think sales are the only criterion. There are a few songs on PS3 that only have about 200-300 scores logged, or even fewer, on the 360.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    HeyRiles;4033979 said:
    I'm pretty sure Sony set the limit because they don't want all the songs in the world overloading their servers.
    I don't know if it's storage space as much as it would be the amount of effort it would take to keep up with the RBN releases on the 360. The RBN goes through XNA, which basically rolls out content as soon as its ready. HMX just goes "Alrighty, go!" and the song is available.

But for Sony and Nintendo, the songs have no way of automating the cert process, so the songs would have to be submitted the brute force way as with the normal DLC. And since there could be potentially 30-40 songs a week, if not more depending on how things go, it'd be very tricky to keep from having RB content clogging up the cert process and slowing down releases for other games.

That's one reason why the 30 days are imposed on the content in the first place. HMX needs time to assess the sales of a song, get it created, and finally submit it to Sony's cert process. That can't (and won't) be done overnight.
  • edited September 2010
    Wow, that looks really cool.

I can't wait to see what Mr. Fauxharmonic guy and the other RBN authors can do once they add keyboard support to RBN.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    T-Hybrid;4034070 said:
    I don't know if it's storage space as much as it would be the amount of effort it would take to keep up with the RBN releases on the 360. The RBN goes through XNA, which basically rolls out content as soon as its ready. HMX just goes "Alrighty, go!" and the song is available.

But for Sony and Nintendo, the songs have no way of automating the cert process, so the songs would have to be submitted the brute force way as with the normal DLC. And since there could be potentially 30-40 songs a week, if not more depending on how things go, it'd be very tricky to keep from having RB content clogging up the cert process and slowing down releases for other games.

That's one reason why the 30 days are imposed on the content in the first place. HMX needs time to assess the sales of a song, get it created, and finally submit it to Sony's cert process. That can't (and won't) be done overnight.
    There's also a lesser-discussed flaw in the system, is three different set-ups.

How do authors author and test three different formats for each console from one console? How much time does it take to convert? How do you find errors? How do you get it so everything is peer-reviewed on each console at the same time?
  • DroosiesDroosies Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;4033714 said:
    i think hes trying to get us to download thosse songs so that songs make it to the ps3, or am i mistaken? :confused:
    You're the only one who wins a cookie so far Josh. I want everyone to download that song so that HMX has no choice but to port it over. Besides, it looks like a pretty fun song, so you're welcome for that. :-P
  • camero1970camero1970 Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Droosies;4033643 said:
    I'm a lowly PS3 user who only gets 5 songs a week, so I need your help. OK...now that the groveling is out of the way...if I don't see "Epic Symphony in A Flat Minor, First Movement: Marching Out" by Van Friscia on PS3 in 30 days time, I will find you. That song is freaking epic and at over 6 minutes long for a $1 song, there's no excuse not to get it. That song looks AMAZING to play, so get it done 360 people.

Also, if you get a chance, I'm still waiting on those Paul Henry and the Fauxharmonic Orchestra tracks over here. Download those too or feel my wrath as a lowly PS3 user.
    Thems fightin' words bruther.
    edited September 2010
    camero1970;4035891 said:
    Thems fightin' words bruther.
    You shouldn't find out if it's a real threat or not and just buy the song :D You'll thank me for it later.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited September 2010
    The only thing that makes me sad about this song is that they didn't wait until RB3/RBN2.0 to put it out. It would be amazing on keys.

I haven't picked it up and undecided if I will or not. I'm kinda in a DLC purchasing hiatus until RB3 comes out right now. But it is an awesome song and I liked the demo.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited September 2010
    Well, dang, I'm going to half to get this song (The "Epic Symphony etc etc" one). Good luck to you PS3 users. :) :p
  • GreenIllusionGreenIllusion Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for telling us about the Sympony, I'll DL it, it turned out to be rather cool. Already got the "Classics" though :)
    edited September 2010
    GreenIllusion;4037421 said:
    Thanks for telling us about the Sympony, I'll DL it, it turned out to be rather cool. Already got the "Classics" though :)
    BohemianMatt;4037416 said:
    Well, dang, I'm going to half to get this song (The "Epic Symphony etc etc" one). Good luck to you PS3 users. :) :p
    Thanks for the help, and yes, this is a shameless self-bump. KEEP BUYING THIS SONG PEOPLE! I don't want to only be able to watch Youtube videos of it LOL
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    i already had it and it won't let me d/l it again no matter how much you threaten.

it is however a very fun song to play.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I bought the song before I read this thread, because the preview had sounded awesome.

But after seeing this thread now, I returned it to the store. :P
    edited September 2010
    oh and i just walked past my ps3 and pointed and laughed at it.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    jimbury;4039737 said:
    oh and i just walked past my ps3 and pointed and laughed at it.
    What's a PS3?

Oh wait, you meant your Blu-ray player, didn't you?
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    xDDD just bought that song, beyond epic!!
    edited September 2010
    Pankrazzo;4039740 said:
    What's a PS3?

Oh wait, you meant your Blu-ray player, didn't you?
    ironically enough the only thing i use my ps3 for at the moment apart from very occasional god of war 3 is buying rbn songs direct from microsoft marketplace, firefox won't work any more but the sony browser works just fine.
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited September 2010
    Mex;4034007 said:

If Jersey Shore is Sony's fault, I'm not complaining. :D

But yeah, we've been taught by these forums that everything bad on PS3 is Sony's fault and that when something good happens its always HMX that did it. And don't you ever complain or people will attack you (see PS3 patch thread).

Oh crap, forgot the smiley. :)
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I'll buy it for a buck if it helps OP out. Heck, he took the time to ask.

Now he needs to go into the super-special PS3 discount event and buy some great packs.

Start with Moving Pictures if you don't have it.
    edited September 2010
    thjimmy;4039799 said:
    I'll buy it for a buck if it helps OP out. Heck, he took the time to ask.

Now he needs to go into the super-special PS3 discount event and buy some great packs.

Start with Moving Pictures if you don't have it.
    I would, but I'm, a DLC wh0re, so I already have everything, but I've been doing one better. Been doing Band Quickplay with my character who wears a "Buy more damn DLC" shirt, and I tell I play with that has little to no DLC that there's a major DLC sale going on right now, so there's no more excuses.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I am organizing a boycott of this song with all of my 360 friends.
    edited September 2010
    NoThru22;4040083 said:
    I am organizing a boycott of this song with all of my 360 friends.
    That's cool, as long as they buy it before they boycott it. :p