Is it possible?

JamesP84JamesP84 Unsigned
edited September 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hi,

Brand new to the game and forum so apologies if this is an idiotic question but here goes.....

Is it possible to play the game with the drums, bass, mic and both john and georges guitar altogether? So in effect there would be 4 separate instruments in use aswell as the mic.....I have heard talk about buying a USB hub to connect it all up but I thought I'd ask here for some expert advice.

Thanks in advance,

James

Comments

• Dozer3677Dozer3677 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Sorry James. You would have to use the drums, mics (Up to 3 at the same time), and bass and guitar part. No rhythm or lead guitar. Just guitar. So technically, you can only use a combination of the two guitars. So the Hofner & the Rickenbacker, or the Rick & the Grestch, or the Grestch & the hofner, etc..

You can have up to 6 instruments at the same time (DRUMS, 3 MICS, GUITAR & BAsS)
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited September 2010
    yeah, what he ^ said

technically, i hate that we can't play both John and George's parts, but maybe they'll consider if they don't give us any of the new features from RB3
  • edited September 2010
    hello and welcome to the forums! If you have any other questions about setting up your band we've got a pretty awesome getting started and band setup guide. You can find both here.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Dozer3677;4034100 said:
    Sorry James. You would have to use the drums, mics (Up to 3 at the same time), and bass and guitar part. No rhythm or lead guitar. Just guitar. So technically, you can only use a combination of the two guitars. So the Hofner & the Rickenbacker, or the Rick & the Grestch, or the Grestch & the hofner, etc..
    Just to clarify because it's kind of confusing the way you put it: there are only 2 guitar parts to play at a time. Bass and Normal. So it's more than "just guitar." It's bass guitar and normal guitar. But you can use any combination of guitar peripherals.
  • Dozer3677Dozer3677 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    gamegyro56;4034345 said:
    Just to clarify because it's kind of confusing the way you put it: there are only 2 guitar parts to play at a time. Bass and Normal. So it's more than "just guitar." It's bass guitar and normal guitar. But you can use any combination of guitar peripherals.
    Thanks GGyro. You know what is funny? As I re-read it, I thought it also came off as a little confusing. But at the time I was multitasking, and I just could not think of a clearer way to put it. Good call.
    nascarfan19;4034332 said:
    yeah, what he ^ said

technically, i hate that we can't play both John and George's parts, but maybe they'll consider if they don't give us any of the new features from RB3
    Personally Nascarfan, I don't see that happening. They have not had lead & rhythm since GH2 I believe. (Through the Fire & The Flames by Dragonforce I think) But it was a lot of fun. I really do wish they separated bass/lead/rhythm. But I understand why they didn't do this. I believe there are two reasons.

1. A lot of songs they were doing at the time of GH2 did not have both lead & rhythm guitar parts. Some did, some didn't. Ones that didn't were given a bass track. Ones that did had no bass track, just rhythm I believe. That probably made bass fans annoyed.

2. Some songs that had the lead & rhythm, the rhythm parts were boring, or simple in comparison to the lead part, or even the bass part in some cases. By not having lead & rhythm, they could combine the two tracks into ONE guitar part. So you could have the best of both parts. But for authenticity, I would like both guitar parts, but have long given up on seeing that in another music game.
  • JamesP84JamesP84 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Cheers guys. Seems a shame not to be able to play as the 'complete' Beatles if you get what I mean.

Thanks for the help though.