Why is there no ps3 keyboard bundle on gamestop?

AppleScruff88AppleScruff88 Opening Act
edited October 2010 in Rock Band
I was just about to preorder on their website but I didn't see a bundle offered for ps3, yet there is one for xbox and wii. :confused:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&PerPage=50&Ntt=rock+band+3&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

Comments

• IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Probably just an oversight. I have a PS3 keyboard RB3 bundle waiting for me already paid for at GameStop.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited September 2010
    Also, it's fully available on the Canadian site.
  • C-Pr0mptC-Pr0mpt Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Why would you ask here? Asking there would probably be a better idea...
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2010
    You know who's fault this is?

That's right, Sony's.
  • lucashplucashp Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    bigmf;4042826 said:
    You know who's fault this is?

That's right, Sony's.
    i lol'd

But anyway, blame microsoft.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited September 2010
    Blame Metallica. I'm sure they had something to do with it.
  • mysticnejimysticneji Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I've got a PS3 Keyboard bundle on pre-order at Gamestop. Why don't you go into the store and do it?
  • ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Maybe they aren't taking pre-orders for it anymore? I dunno. I already have mine pre-ordered months ago. Strange that they'd take it down. If anything the 360 version would be getting more pre-orders, so if this is the case then that should have been taken down.

Dunno though. Weird.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Not available for pre-order at either Amazon or Wal Mart either.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited September 2010
    mikeyts;4043475 said:
    Not available for pre-order at either Amazon or Wal Mart either.
    Wow, you're right. And this is why I pre-ordered as early as I did.

I emailed Gamestop for you guys earlier today, though. Haven't heard back yet.
  • MinicedMiniced Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    Seems as though they might have underestimated demand for the PS3 bundle. You can always order them unbundled for an additional $10. I did this on purpose, switching from a bundled pre-order, to get release day delivery for the disc (not offered for the bundle). Since Amazon offered a $10 video game credit for disc pre-orders (but not the bundle) it was a wash. As a prime member, I get overnight shipping for $4 an item so I specified that for the keyboard. I should have the disc by the evening of release day and the keyboard the next morning.
  • Copper BlueCopper Blue Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Miniced;4044922 said:
    It's out of stock. http://www.rockbandstore.com/Rock-Band-3-Wireless-Keyboard-and/A/B003RS1970.htm
    That's means they can no longer provide to shops.
    Wait - does this mean that shops won't get existing pre-order inventory? I'll be really pissed if my Gamestop order with the $20 off coupon is not honored.
    edited September 2010
    Here's the response I got:
    We do sincerely apologize for any confusion this may have caused,
    however we do not have the Rock Band 3 Game and Keyboard Bundle
    currently confirmed for the Playstation 3. We do believe that this will
    be confirmed sometime in the near future, however at this point in time
    it is not available for pre-order. If you have any further concerns,
    please do not hesitate to pose them here!
    Haven't some of you guys pre-ordered this in-store? Either this guy's out of the loop, or everyone else is making the item up.
  • ReedusReedus Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I know why. you can't pre-order this online because of its price/size. gamestop requires an in-store deposit of at least $10 for the higher end items. they want to ensure someone actually intends to buy it. a LOT of people pre-order things they never actually pick up, but putting down $10 on something is a show of intent. they don't want to get stuck with high cost items (including a high shipping cost) that take up space on their shelves. regular games don't require a deposit because they are easier to sell and can be shipped cheaply.
    edited September 2010
    Reedus;4045279 said:
    I know why. you can't pre-order this online because of its price/size. gamestop requires an in-store deposit of at least $10 for the higher end items. they want to ensure someone actually intends to buy it. a LOT of people pre-order things they never actually pick up, but putting down $10 on something is a show of intent. they don't want to get stuck with high cost items (including a high shipping cost) that take up space on their shelves. regular games don't require a deposit because they are easier to sell and can be shipped cheaply.
    That ain't it--you can preorder the RB3/Keyboard bundle for Xbox 360 or Wii from any of these shops. Also, that's not the nature of online pre-orders. Gamestop is going to stock thousands of these things for non-preorder sale online. They don't take any money from you until they ship. They could care less if you cancel, because they can be fairly certain that they'll sell out of their initial shipment, whatever it is. It's only the little brick & mortar shops (probably franchised and not company owned) which require a deposit (usually %50, isn't it?) to pre-order for store pick-up.

Has anyone successfully pre-ordered one of these online from any site online? It's beginning to sound as if there's been some mistake at Mad Catz which keeps any of these sites from ordering stock of the PS3 bundle.
    edited September 2010
    mikeyts;4045293 said:
    Has anyone successfully pre-ordered one of these online from any site online? It's beginning to sound as if there's been some mistake at Mad Catz which keeps any of these sites from ordering stock of the PS3 bundle.
    Yep, I have order confirmation from Amazon sitting in my inbox. They've since placed it as "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available," rather than "This item will be released on October 26, 2010. Pre-order now!" like the game-only is, so who knows what's going on with it.
  • jen2001jen2001 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I also preordered this bundle -- from Gamestop a month ago. I bet the problem with the PS3 bundle is precisely what was said earlier - the supply didn't keep up with the demand.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    The PS3 version of the Keyboard bundle isn't available through GameStop, Amazon, or anywhere else I can find anymore. Did something happen I don't know about...?

EDIT: And I am one of those people who failed to notice this topic already exists. Please just let this thread die while I shrink into a corner. :(
  • MontresorMontresor Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, I had the bundle preordered from Amazon, and now on the page for the item it says it isn't yet available. WTF?

My order hasn't been cancelled or anything, so I wonder what's up. I would love some clarification on this ASAP!
    edited September 2010
    When I was at GameStop in person, they said it had been canceled. But we've seen images of the packaging so... this isn't true, right?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    It's entirely possible that Gamestop made the decision to dump it due to size.
  • MontresorMontresor Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, my order status on Amazon still lists it as being estimated-delivered on Oct. 29th (I put in for 2-day shipping), so hopefully mine's alright. If I knew for sure Best Buy, Walmart, etc, are definitely going to have bundles on hand on release date, I'd be tempted to go that route instead.
    edited September 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;4046633 said:
    It's entirely possible that Gamestop made the decision to dump it due to size.
    And Amazon, too? It's available on other systems... but not the PS3...

I mean, come on, if they're going to dump on someone, do it to the Wii crowd. They're used to it.
  • edited September 2010
    Perhaps they have sold more than they pre-ordered?

I have the bundle pre-ordered at both Gamestop and Amazon and the orders are still active and saying they will ship when they are supposed to so I suspect that is the case.

If so I bet they are trying to up the initial order.

It is still pre-orderable as a bundle at BestBuy.Com
    edited September 2010
    Montresor;4046634 said:
    Hmm, my order status on Amazon still lists it as being estimated-delivered on Oct. 29th (I put in for 2-day shipping), so hopefully mine's alright. If I knew for sure Best Buy, Walmart, etc, are definitely going to have bundles on hand on release date, I'd be tempted to go that route instead.
    I had emailed Amazon today, since that's where my order is, and even though they misinterpreted what my question was, they stated that they're on back-order right now. So, perhaps they removed the ability to pre-order while they're at their limit of how many they have available to send in that first wave.
    edited September 2010
    The store itself said they wouldn't have the PS3 bundle AT ALL. They said it was "canceled."

I'm confused.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    Odin Force;4046640 said:
    And Amazon, too? It's available on other systems... but not the PS3...
    I never said anything about Amazon for a reason.
    I mean, come on, if they're going to dump on someone, do it to the Wii crowd. They're used to it.
    Speaking of trying to be taken seriously...
    edited September 2010
    Odin Force;4046647 said:
    The store itself said they wouldn't have the PS3 bundle AT ALL. They said it was "canceled."

I'm confused.
    Wat. We need some clarification from higher-up then.

I'll be switching my Amazon order to the individual pieces if that's the case.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited September 2010
    skyttskytt;4046688 said:
    Wat. We need some clarification from higher-up then.

I'll be switching my Amazon order to the individual pieces if that's the case.
    I'll just be walking into the store and getting the game first... keys later if it came down to it.

I should call my Gamestop.