Are PS3 Users ever going to get a larger library of songs?

alex75000alex75000 Unsigned
edited October 2010 in The Rock Band Network
The RBN has SO MANY tracks I want... but all of them are only for 360 :'(.

What exactly determines wheter we'll get the songs or not?

I want my We the Kings, more Seether, Cancer Bats, more Asking Alexandria, Riptides, Breathe Carolina... :(

*Cries*. xD.

Comments

• jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited September 2010
    Sony has placed a limit of 5 songs per week that HMX can release for RBN. If Sony would let HMX release more, they probably would.

It's kinda too bad that limit is there. I'm wondering if the Wii might end up surpassing the PS3 in number of RBN songs out for it. The Wii doesn't seem to have those limitations and they put out a lot more than 5 each week.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    The Wii will end up surpassing the PS3 if Sony don't change anything.

Basically, the answer is yes. You'll keep getting five per week, which really means you'll keep having less and less in comparison; since there's more to catch up on each week.
  • Orang-UtanOrang-Utan Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Every week you are getting more songs. Be patient.
  • libregkdlibregkd Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4045061 said:
    The Wii will end up surpassing the PS3 if Sony don't change anything.

Basically, the answer is yes. You'll keep getting five per week, which really means you'll keep having less and less in comparison; since there's more to catch up on each week.
    I doubt that. The Wii is receiving songs that have already been made available on the PS3. Once it catches up; I expect both systems to receive the same 5 songs every week.
  • silentknellsilentknell Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    alex75000;4044845 said:
    What exactly determines whether we'll get the songs or not?

I want my We the Kings, more Seether, Cancer Bats, more Asking Alexandria, Riptides, Breathe Carolina.
    The first thing that determines whether a song is eligible to be ported over to the other consoles is its 30-day exclusivity to the XBOX360. But that's a given.

If you look at keldon's site, and sort the RBN songs by Xbox360 popularity, you'll notice that songs that are ported over to PS3 (and now Wii) are often based on how well they are selling on XBOX360.

In that regard, songs you mentioned like Seether and Asking Alexandria (and a lot of metal songs in general) seem like the best candidates to be ported over to the other consoles soon.

However, it also looks like HMX has been trying their best to keep some sort of variety in their selection as much as possible in each given week, so that PS3 and Wii customers are not overwhelmed with the most popular genre - metal all the time. Of course, that still doesn't stop people from whining that there are too much metal in general.

Another thing that may determine HMX's selection is if a song is featured in something special, like the T-Mobile Artists of the Month. You'll notice that bands like Me Talk Pretty and Plushgun are few of the lower selling bands that were able to be ported over to the PS3. My guess is that Delta Spirit, Artists of the Month for September, will be selected soon also.

____

I'm not going to go into the whole Sony/Nintendo/HMX song limit discussion, because it's off-topic, done to death, and stupid in general.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    libregkd;4045072 said:
    I doubt that. The Wii is receiving songs that have already been made available on the PS3. Once it catches up; I expect both systems to receive the same 5 songs every week.
    Ermmm... why? If Nintendo have no problem putting 10 on, why would they suddenly revert to 5?
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    its sony´s fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

¬¬
  • RoxasXIIIRoxasXIII Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    The Wii will eventually get more RBN songs than the PS3.
    (hopefully)
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    It seems we get this thread every other day. -.-
  • alex75000alex75000 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Sorry for bringing this up again then Coltfan...
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited September 2010
    As Long As this PS3 User can get those 2 Emperor tracks relatively soon it's not much of an issue.;)
  • tw1l1ghttw1l1ght Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    There's a request for this on the PS3 Blogs... PS3 users go vote this up (if you didn't already):

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/04/22/remove-rock-band-network-weekly-song-cap/