Rock Band right?

cjblaze05cjblaze05 Unsigned
edited September 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I have been looking at the list of songs that this network keeps putting up for a while now. Every time I look I am more and more surprised.

I am surprised at how lame some of the choices have been. This is Rock Band right? I know that they pride themselves on bring in different genres for different people. I am all for that. However, when there is no Van Halen, Aerosmith and DECENT Guns N' Roses but there is Hanna Montana and Snoop Dogg????

I know Van Halen and Aerosmith have Guitar Hero games. So I thought "Oh ok, that must mean they have the rights to their songs". YET, I have played songs on Rock Band that I played in Guitar Hero.

I'm a classic rock guy and like playing those songs. Yes, This network has a lot of them already. AC/DC, Skynard, Ozzy... all good. Awesome! Yet, Guns N' Roses have the Axl Rose project songs. Aerosmith is nowhere and either is Van Halen. Skynard has TWO songs. So many Ozzy is missing. I have asked and asked... yet NOTHING. Just don't understand how so many good Rock Songs are not being added but pop and rap is coming up.

Comments

• bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2010
  • RagAndBoneRagAndBone Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    You're off by four links. Good try though.
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    cjblaze05;4046648 said:
    I have been looking at the list of songs that this network keeps putting up for a while now. Every time I look I am more and more surprised.
    You're probably thinking the RB Store, not the RBN.
    I am surprised at how lame some of the choices have been. This is Rock Band right? I know that they pride themselves on bring in different genres for different people. I am all for that. However, when there is no Van Halen, Aerosmith and DECENT Guns N' Roses but there is Hanna Montana and Snoop Dogg????

I know Van Halen and Aerosmith have Guitar Hero games. So I thought "Oh ok, that must mean they have the rights to their songs". YET, I have played songs on Rock Band that I played in Guitar Hero.
    They're exclusive to GH for the time being.
    I'm a classic rock guy and like playing those songs. Yes, This network has a lot of them already. AC/DC, Skynard, Ozzy... all good. Awesome!
    Good for you.
    Yet, Guns N' Roses have the Axl Rose project songs.
    I wouldn't call 'em bad. Some of them I like better than the stuff from Appetite. Sue me.
    Aerosmith is nowhere and either is Van Halen.
    Again, they're exlusive. Even despite that, there's Train Kept A Rollin' from RB1.
    Skynard has TWO songs.
    Free Bird is in RB3.
    So many Ozzy is missing.
    Discographies aren't happening, bud.
    I have asked and asked... yet NOTHING. Just don't understand how so many good Rock Songs are not being added but pop and rap is coming up.
    Because there are people who *gasp* LIKE pop and rap and play these games?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    cjblaze05;4046648 said:

I'm a classic rock guy and like playing those songs. Yes, This network has a lot of them already. AC/DC, Skynard, Ozzy... all good. Awesome! Yet, Guns N' Roses have the Axl Rose project songs. Aerosmith is nowhere and either is Van Halen. Skynard has TWO songs. So many Ozzy is missing. I have asked and asked... yet NOTHING. Just don't understand how so many good Rock Songs are not being added but pop and rap is coming up.
    Why does Guitar Hero have Spacehog and not AC/DC?

Why does Guitar Hero have Linkin Park and not Hendrix?

Two way street.
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    I guess you missed the Beatles game right?

EDIT: But really now, The Snoop songs were all "ROCK" remixes(if you didnt take a look) and 90% of the pop being released is all popROCK(trust me, im not happy with Miley Cyrus either). But HEY, GH has Taylor Swift and Run-DMC right?

All in all, i want you to take a second look at the long list of RB songs available. Just because the 2-3 bands you really like arent on the game, doesnt mean this game doesnt have any rock.

And not only that, but ROCK is such a broad term as to include alternative, grunge, metal of all types, southern, indie, pop and even some country and techno variants.

And GNR has stated that nothing old will ever appear, Van Halen and Aerosmith have been GH exclusive, Skynrd is coming and we've already got more Ozzy than GH does.

And another question mister "Guitar Hero has ta rockz and rollz", why is it called GUITAR Hero and have drums and vocals?

And lol @ "So many Ozzy Missing". learn to grammar hurhurhur

EDIT2: damn, just realized that he only has 1 post, which means he literally came to say that and never come back. I hate those kinds of trolls.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I like "Shackler's Revenge", and a large portion* of Chinese Democracy.

*Sorry, but I can't stand "Sorry"
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    You can try and be at least an intelligent enough troll to get Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana right.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2010
    Maybe you should go play Tiny Violin Hero.
  • RoxasXIIIRoxasXIII Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Van Halen and Aerosmith are not exclusive to GH.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Once again, Train Kept a Rollin does NOT count as Aerosmith in Rock Band. Yes, it is a cover, but Aerosmith did not even give their permission for the song. Aerosmith covered it which means they did not own the rights and Harmonix only had to get rights from the original publisher.

I remember the article that said that certain groups were not exclusive to Guitar Hero, but part of No Doubt's lawsuit against Activision claimed that they wanted them to sign a five exclusivity deal as part of their likeness appearing in Band Hero, so I think the exclusivity thing isn't as black and white as people think.
  • Fall Of SpartanFall Of Spartan Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    cjblaze05;4046648 said:
    I have asked and asked... yet NOTHING. Just don't understand how so many good Rock Songs are not being added but pop and rap is coming up.
    Thats pretty much because today's generation listens to pop and rap?
    sure i listen to everything, minus country, but just because i dont listen to it, doesnt mean i get all pissy that its on there. The reason why Rock Band puts pop and rap in the game, is because they want to expand their library and reach out to people of all genres. If you want just ROCK, go play Guitar Hero and their over charted songs, with their fantasy storyline.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    cjblaze05;4046648 said:
    Just don't understand how so many good Rock Songs are not being added but pop and rap is coming up.
    Snoop Dogg wants to be in Rock Band more than your favorite rock bands want to be in Rock Band.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited September 2010
    The OP is full of fail.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2010
    The Rock Band Network store has been open for about seven months now, the whole project has been public knowledge for over a year, and people STILL don't know what it is?

By the way, I definitely remember reading about Aerosmith and Van Halen being exclusive. I think one of the designers was misquoted or something he said was misinterpreted, but what he probably meant was that just because a band has a Guitar Hero game doesn't mean they're exclusive (see: Tap Tap Metallica Revenge), but they could be exclusive due to a completely different contract. Classic Guns n Roses is a tough get due to disputes between former members. Axl was apparently pissed when Slash played "Welcome to the Jungle" in Guitar Hero III, and Slash has said that Appetite for Destruction isn't happening. When these game require using the original master recordings, it makes it harder than it already is to get the rights to these songs.
  • CreepsCreeps Banned
    edited September 2010
    There are two Hendrix songs on GHWT, The Wind Cries Mary and Purple Haze (live).

Shame about no old GnR. Their first studio effort is their best IMO.

I don't think we will ever see the bands the op wants in RBN. Maybe regular dlc....*fingers crossed, sometimes even while playing
  • blzbub74blzbub74 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;4047245 said:
    The Rock Band Network store has been open for about seven months now, the whole project has been public knowledge for over a year, and people STILL don't know what it is?

By the way, I definitely remember reading about Aerosmith and Van Halen being exclusive. I think one of the designers was misquoted or something he said was misinterpreted, but what he probably meant was that just because a band has a Guitar Hero game doesn't mean they're exclusive (see: Tap Tap Metallica Revenge), but they could be exclusive due to a completely different contract. Classic Guns n Roses is a tough get due to disputes between former members. Axl was apparently pissed when Slash played "Welcome to the Jungle" in Guitar Hero III, and Slash has said that Appetite for Destruction isn't happening. When these game require using the original master recordings, it makes it harder than it already is to get the rights to these songs.
    Tisdale wasn't misquoted. He said bands like Metallica and Aerosmith are not GH exclusive and could show up in RB. He specifically said they could show up in RB. My guess is one of two things are going on: 1) out of deference to the bands, they're not releasing dlc that could hurt the sales of their game. 2) The licensing costs for their songs have gotten out of hand and HMX isn't willing to pay it right now.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    It's isn't called "Rock Band" because it's exclusively rock. It's just that if the game was called "Band 2" or "Everything Band" it would sound ******ed.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited September 2010
    TubaDude49;4046771 said:
    I like "Shackler's Revenge", and a large portion* of Chinese Democracy.

*Sorry, but I can't stand "Sorry"
    I love it because of how it relates to the RB Community, specifically the following lines:
    "I'm sorry for you, not sorry for me"
    "Nobody Owes You, Not One God-damned Thing"
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2010
    cjblaze05;4046648 said:
    I am surprised at how lame some of the choices have been. This is Rock Band right?
    http://ayebeclear.com/scoop/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/beating-a-dead-horse.gif
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    try being me and having more than 100 ROCK bands still unrepresented in RB... and to make it worse, having what few faves in RB releasing only one song... and usually a mediocre one at that... GH has pulled more than a few more of my faves than RB has but even they have failed to really please me... if my wife and kids weren't so obsessed with these music games, I'd probably just leave them to the young.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited September 2010
    I really don't understand what this thread has to do with Rock Band Network, why it hasn't been moved yet, or why it's even still open.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    wafflerevolution;4048237 said:
    try being me and having more than 100 ROCK bands still unrepresented in RB... and to make it worse, having what few faves in RB releasing only one song... and usually a mediocre one at that... GH has pulled more than a few more of my faves than RB has but even they have failed to really please me... if my wife and kids weren't so obsessed with these music games, I'd probably just leave them to the young.
    HAHAHAHAHA! Of course there are more than 100 Rock Bands unrepresented - holy ****, if there where only 100, or even 1000 rock bands unrepresented in Rock Band, that would still leave us with somewhere in the regions of 74,000,000 in-game.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    wafflerevolution;4048237 said:
    Yet you have 200 Rock Band songs and 60 GH songs. Something seems amiss here.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited September 2010
    Blargh blargh blarrrrrggghhhh....

Too much fail here to really get into, but yeah this should be moved somewhere, nothing to do with RBN. Actually it should just be locked.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4048327 said:
    HAHAHAHAHA! Of course there are more than 100 Rock Bands unrepresented - holy ****, if there where only 100, or even 1000 rock bands unrepresented in Rock Band, that would still leave us with somewhere in the regions of 74,000,000 in-game.
    dude... I'm talking about favorites. you're a bit immature and rash...

if I was talking about music I liked... or music on my itunes, the number would be in the multiple thousands... I wasn't... neither was the OP. how about you find something better to do then troll the internet?
    NoThru22;4048355 said:
    Yet you have 200 Rock Band songs and 60 GH songs. Something seems amiss here.

they release less. but in better quality... most of the time... plus the on-disc stuff is usually better in GH. RB tends to choose a lot of on-disc music that I'm not fond of... which is why I have so much DLC, I play make a 'setlists' almost exclusively. GH hasn't quite gotten that implemented right yet... but their on-disc stuff is usually mostly things I like. (just for example I like 25 songs in RB3 and 65 in GH:WoR. those aren't exact numbers, I didn't feel like checking my actual count but it's not off by more than 5 in either side.) so yes, I have more RB DLC... mostly from buying packs, GH rarely does packs... but I almost never buy DLC for RB anymore... since it's almost always things I don't like now... and the few things I do buy are on the RBN and have nothing to do with Harmonix or Rock Band.

Mex;4048405 said:
    Blargh blargh blarrrrrggghhhh....

Too much fail here to really get into, but yeah this should be moved somewhere, nothing to do with RBN. Actually it should just be locked.
    yes, the OP doesn't have any idea what he's talking about... posting about tracks in general on the RBN area... but... still... actually, yes, I agree this should be locked... the whole Rock Band forum should be... too many fan boys and trolls in one place is bad for everyone... especially those with souls.
  • FickAwesomeFickAwesome Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    There really should be a 5 or 10 post minimum to start new threads.
  • edited September 2010
    wafflerevolution;4048711 said:
    yes, the OP doesn't have any idea what he's talking about... posting about tracks in general on the RBN area... but... still... actually, yes, I agree this should be locked... the whole Rock Band forum should be... too many fan boys and trolls in one place is bad for everyone... especially those with souls.
    If you don't like our community, nobody is forcing you to be here.
    That and souls are vastly overrated anyway.

I agree that this thread should be locked, though, both because it's in the wrong place and doesn't exactly offer any constructive criticism.
This discussion has been closed.