10/5/2010 DLC Discussion - R.E.M. 8 Pack & T.Rex 3 Pack

edited October 2010 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4055183 said:
Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming out next week, bringing us 11 songs closer to 2,000 songs total for the library! There's an 8 pack of hits from R.E.M. and a 3 pack of classic T. Rex tracks, all of which will be good for you and should be downloaded immediately. I'm especially looking forward to "It's the End of the World As We Know It", at the very least to see who can make it through the song without running out of breath! Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 5):

R.E.M. – “Driver 8” +
R.E.M. – “It’s the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)” +
R.E.M. – “Living Well Is the Best Revenge”
R.E.M. – “Radio Free Europe” +
R.E.M. – “Stand” +
R.E.M. – “Superman” +
R.E.M. – “These Days” +
R.E.M. – “What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?”
T. Rex – “Children of the Revolution” +
T. Rex – “Cosmic Dancer” +
T. Rex – “Jeepster”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Oct. 6)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “R.E.M. Pack 01” and “T. Rex Pack 01” on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for T. Rex Pack 01
$13.49, £8.99 UK, €11.88 EU (1,080 Microsoft Points) for R.E.M. Pack 01

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
How many more weeks 'til 2,000 songs? How many more weeks 'til RB3? How many more weeks 'til Pro features in DLC? HOW MANY MILESTONES?!

Comments

• o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Not a huge fan but I'll check out the charts.

Nice to see a big pack though!!
  • Sgt PipperSgt Pipper Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    End of the World As We Know It and Stand for me!
  • Whizzer191Whizzer191 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I don't think I know any of the songs, but I'll check them out regardless. At least it's good quantity, which is good if I end up liking them!
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    nice.. i will buy it all :) but you lied henry, you said 15 more minutes when it really was only 10 :P hehe but i kid..
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I can't wait to get my Michael Stipe on!
  • JPSChampagneJPSChampagne Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Literally the single best week of DLC EVER based on "Jeepster" alone. Holy crap. Freaking out. One of my favorite songs ever. Never thought I'd see it on Rock Band after "Get It On" was a cover. Freaking out. Awesome, awesome, awesome. HMX, you still amaze me.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    EIGHT R.E.M. songs?! Wow! Pretty cool!
  • shayboshaybo Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    AYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYAYAYAYAYY

WOOOOOOT

I am literally dancing like a Native American
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    A whole 8 pack of REM and no The One I Love? WTF? Oh well, still a hell of win, I'd be happy just with the T-Rex 3 pack, any REM songs that I end up liking are just a bonus ;).
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Why the hell is T. Rex Pack 01 680 MS Points with only 3 songs? PRO DLC?!
  • shayboshaybo Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Although now that I think about it more...

Sadtown that they won't have pro geetar
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Looking forward to the R.E.M. pack without a doubt (Absolutely LOVE both "Orange Crush" and "Losing My Religion" in RB) and will probably pick up the T. Rex songs, although I'm a little disappointed that "Bang A Gong (Get It On) (Original Version)" isn't in there.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    8 REM songs and no The One I Love?!?!?! How is that even possible?

I'll pick up the REM pack and probably the T-REX pack, though I'll definately wait on the charts for that.

Good week overall.

It would be awesome if we got Great Big Sea's version of The End of the World as We Know It, as I like that one more.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited October 2010
    AWESOME!

Teeny bit disappointed that we're not getting the original "Bang a Gong" or anything from Automatic for the People, but still a very fine week and I'm grabbing everything.

Thank you, Hamronix!
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    HOLY CRAP! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

For me this is without doubt the greatest week of RB DLC ever. R.E.M. are my favourite band of all time and to see them get (when combined with the other R.E.M. tracks we have) what amounts to a Best Of is something I have always dreamed of for RB. Brilliant song choices as well.

I just knew that IGN poll was hinting at an R.E.M. release, I'm so happy to see we get it so soon.

Thank you so much HMX! :D

EDIT: In my excitement, I didn't even see that the other band was T. Rex. Just further adds to the argument that this is the best week of DLC ever!
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited October 2010
    Good stuff. There will be a lot of singers for the REM tracks in my house.
  • lilbear78lilbear78 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    hmmm not to sure...maybe cosmic dancer thats about it great bands but not the best songs
  • edited October 2010
    siee;4055213 said:
    I'm asking lots of questions about the pricing for next week's content, so the prices above may change between now and next Tuesday. Didn't hear back from all the necessary store people in time so we had to post with what they initially gave us. Still, we're investigating. Will keep you updated.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    This is a great week. I'm very sad for no Shiny Happy People. I'd love to say they're waiting for RB3 and harmonies to implement it, but releasing it right on top of this large pack seems unlikely. Still, a mere handful of the R.E.M. songs would make this week a winner.
  • ChessPieceFaceChessPieceFace Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Crazy--I went to Ain't It Cool News immediately before the RB forums, and they had a story about "Waiting For Superman." For some reason, instead of the Flaming Lips song, I immediately thought of R.E.M.'s version of "Superman," which I was then literally singing quietly to myself as I clicked over here.

What a great pack! Some of their best songs, and some that'll be fantastic at parties. But that brings up this point...

All these great R.E.M. songs, and no harmonies?! End of the World, Stand, and Superman should absolutely have been saved for post-RB3, and surely will be updated... I guess I'll have to wait, so I don't have to pay an upgrade fee later.
  • AldexAldex Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    A nice surprise. Love some "Radio Free Europe."
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    hmxhenry;4055230 said:
    I'm asking lots of questions about the pricing for next week's content, so the prices above may change between now and next Tuesday. Didn't hear back from all the necessary store people in time so we had to post with what they initially gave us. Still, we're investigating. Will keep you updated.
    Thanks for that, Henry.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh how I've been longing to prance around a room singing "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" in my off-key wail of a voice. What a week.
  • angry_jonnyangry_jonny Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    harveyglobetrot;4055221 said:
    For me this is without doubt the greatest week of RB DLC ever. R.E.M. are my favourite band of all time and to see them get (when combined with the other R.E.M. tracks we have) what amounts to a Best Of is something I have always dreamed of for RB. Brilliant song choices as well.
    Agreed on all points. Love R.E.M., and these are great choices.

But no pro guitar = sad panda. I've always wanted to learn to play a bunch of these on guitar.... :(
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Wow... I never expected to see an R.E.M. 8 pack. That's like 5 more songs than I imagined they'd ever get if/when they got a pack.

I'm buying it. I kinda wish Shiny Happy People was included, but I think I'll survive without it. ;)

I'll have to check out the T. Rex, maybe pick up that pack as well if it piques my interest. :)
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    lilbear78;4055228 said:
    hmmm not to sure...maybe cosmic dancer thats about it great bands but not the best songs
    Wait, what? I'm not a T. Rex connoiseur, so I can't speak there, but R.E.M. with End of the World, Stand, What's the Frequency Kenneth and you're indicating the song selection isn't good?
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited October 2010
    angry_jonny;4055244 said:
    But no pro guitar = sad panda. I've always wanted to learn to play a bunch of these on guitar.... :(
    Step 1. Buy Rock Band 3 and a pro guitar.
    Step 2. Work through RB3 pro-guitar tutorials and become familiar with tablature.
    Step 3. Buy REM guitar tab book (or just look up the tabs online).
    Step 4. Practice, practice practice.
    Step 5. ???
    Step 6. Profit! (or maybe just more practice)
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    WOW
    Amazing, amazing, amazing week... R.E.M Pack!! great!!! Great song choices as well, even though there's nothing from "Automatic for the People". It's also great so see some love for early R.E.M - Driver 8 from Fables of the Reconstruction, and Radio-Free Europe from Murmur!
  • rockfresh126rockfresh126 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    siee;4055213 said:
    REM's prices seemed high too. If I remember correctly (and i could be wrong), most 8 packs (Peace Sells, Moving Pictures, etc.) ended up at about 800 points.

Anyways not a T. Rex fan, but I'll definitley be picking up the REM pack.....the keys/harmonies debate rolls on!
This discussion has been closed.