Comments

• defjukiedefjukie Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    WTF. This is so frustrating. I know selection of the PS3 RBN tracks is probably pretty low on their totem pole right now, but can we please get something that actually has melody to it?

More specifically Band of Horses, but at this point I'd take anything where I don't have to growl.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited October 2010
    Coulton is pretty melodic if you ask me.
  • defjukiedefjukie Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    good point, but I'm not really into the whole comedy/music genre enough to buy it on RBN.

Unless it's Flight of the Conchords.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Nothing for me. I enjoy listening to Amberian Dawn a lot, but I don't find much enjoyment in playing alon (fast strum dum isn't that fun) so I think I have to pass. No more JC for me.... and everything else, no... so...uh.. nothing this week, as nothing last week.

Thank goodness for some REM.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited October 2010
    How about we get something other than metal?
  • tw1l1ghttw1l1ght Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Amberian Dawn & JoCo for me... the JoCo song is somwhat... ehm... different from his other songs and the banjo-chart looks like a ton of fun.
    edited October 2010
    Soratar;4055683 said:
    How about we get something other than metal?
    How dare you even think that!! Don't you know thats we really want, even if we don't admit it, deep down you know you love it!! I know I do!! I can't get enough of it!!

(Now excuse me while I go was my mouth out with soap...)
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited October 2010
    Another garbage week.
  • lilchris25lilchris25 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    May I suggest you look/hear the songs before you make any judgments?

The Joco song isn't what you are expecting, if you heard what is out on PS3 so far.
  • acdcrockacdcrock Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Seriously, wtf?! Can we get more than 1 non-metal song a week? This is ****ing ridiculous. I'll be getting the Joco song hoping the banjo is charted...scratch that I'll go check.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I'm buying anything Amberian Dawn they port, Friggin' awesome band
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I've never gotten the whole JoCo lovefest. And great, more super fast metal. The RBN has become pitaful on the PS3
    edited October 2010
    aggiesrul8;4055874 said:
    I've never gotten the whole JoCo lovefest. And great, more super fast metal. The RBN has become pitaful on the PS3
    Yeah, to put it lightly. I don't think we're really getting 'the best of the best'.
    edited October 2010
    lilchris25;4055778 said:
    May I suggest you look/hear the songs before you make any judgments?

The Joco song isn't what you are expecting, if you heard what is out on PS3 so far.
    Most of us do check them out, hence I started posting links :)
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited October 2010
    Der_Lex;4055459 said:
    Just AD for me. Since I haven't picked up the last two of their songs yet, I have a nice Amberian Dawn 3-pack to go along with the 3 REM songs I'm getting this week. :D
    I can't even fathom seeing anybody's fingers move that fast during those AD guitar solos.

Drums look fun, so I'm with Lex - I'll probably pick up all the Amberian Dawn stuff next week.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    folkeye;4055883 said:
    Yeah, to put it lightly. I don't think we're really getting 'the best of the best'.
    Certainly not based upon sales and requests, like it was explained how it would happen.... :(
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    tw1l1ght;4055694 said:
    the JoCo song is somwhat... ehm... different from his other songs and the banjo-chart looks like a ton of fun.
    it is!
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited October 2010
    Der_Lex;4055459 said:
    Just AD for me. Since I haven't picked up the last two of their songs yet, I have a nice Amberian Dawn 3-pack to go along with the 3 REM songs I'm getting this week. :D
    Yeah, the Amberian Dawn song is about it for me, although I'm definitely considering a RBN boycott until we get the Earthworks, Mile Marker Zero, Glass Hammer, and Marillion tracks that have been on 360 pretty much from the jump.
  • XygnusXygnus Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    INFECTED

NATION

**** yeah, buying it ASAP and maybe Death Quota for Purification too.
  • OmegaVitaminCOmegaVitaminC Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    4 top teir songs on drums, all really fun to play. Who cares what the music sounds like?
  • MontresorMontresor Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Just Shallow Waters and Betty and Me, probably. I like metal, but enough of the growly crap already!
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;4056877 said:
    4 top teir songs on drums, all really fun to play. Who cares what the music sounds like?
    People who don't play entirely for charts? :confused:
  • OmegaVitaminCOmegaVitaminC Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    SmashMan;4056922 said:
    People who don't play entirely for charts? :confused:
    but what do they get out of playing it? Its fun to play a song you like every once in a while, but who would want to play a 6 minute song thats so boringly easy? why not listen to it on the computer or ipod instead?
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited October 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;4057092 said:
    but what do they get out of playing it? Its fun to play a song you like every once in a while, but who would want to play a 6 minute song thats so boringly easy? why not listen to it on the computer or ipod instead?
    Well not everyone is like you and buys purely for fun charts. Most people buy songs they like and enjoy regardless of how boring the chart is and it's fun to play along to one of your favorite songs. Fun charts do not mean everything in this game.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Nothing that intrests me this week, but REM is an instant purchase.
    So I'm perfectly happy
  • powertpowert Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Yay!!! More Evile and AD!!! Although all you other guys are complaining, I've bought at least 2 RBN songs every week since it started, so I'm very satisfied with it. Keep up the good work HMX and Sony!!
  • libregkdlibregkd Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Come on HMX, is getting some Main Drag really that hard?
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Now that Wii is getting RBN songs, we need some threads for those.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;4057092 said:
    The enjoyment of playing songs they like? I will assume by your replies that you play for stats. That's cool and I'm not knocking it by any means; it's just not how I play. A chart will sometimes sway my decision one way or another; but first and foremost I have to like listening to the song (on some level) to buy it as DLC. Nine times out of ten, I'd rather play a somewhat boring song I enjoy than a song that is more active, but I can't stand listening to.

For me, that's the fun of the games...interacting with songs I know and like, and discovering new songs to know and like. How fun the chart is, is secondary; and how many points and gold stars I can rack up mean nothing to me.
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    maybe Asking Alexandria, the rest are utter garbage. I may get Death Quota for a challenge, but I don't like the song.

Probably the worst week yet, another Coulton song? Talk about a joke, I don't even care that this one is devil tier guitar.

I hate Evile, simple as that, and Amberian Dawn is the worst band in the RBN period the end. Whoever thaught of having metal instruments with opera vocals should just go kill themselves now, like really. Worst Idea EVER!!!!!!