Can anyone else not pass Head For The Ditch?

Tomstar42Tomstar42 Rising Star
edited October 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I saw a preview for this song a couple of days ago, and after seeing the hopo chord movement I though 'Looks hard but should be pretty easy'. Boy was I wrong. I've passed every hard song in Rock Band existence and after having three goes at this I'm already no where near passing. Anyone else having the same problem on the insane hopo chords part?

Edit: Got the song title wrong in the thread title, it's 'Headed for the Ditch', sorry!

Comments

• JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    on guitar? hmm i only have the demo, i still haven´t bought it yet, im kinda hesitating, because in my book, difficult =/= fun, but i did try that one on drums, i couldnt pass it :(
  • Tomstar42Tomstar42 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    If you don't like extremely difficult guitar charts then I wouldn't bother, the preview made it looks possible to beat, but in my opinion it's the hardest song in Rock Band so far, even beating Burn, Death Quota etc.
    edited October 2010
    tbh, i really like all the andy timmons songs, i´ve bought the other two songs and they´re the perfect match between difficult and fun, idk, maybe i´ll check the chart on youtube or something...
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    OOooo that looks fun.

The HOPO chord section just requires some clever anchoring techniques.

Have you passed GUITARS SUCK? If you can pass that, this is a cakewalk.
  • Tomstar42Tomstar42 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    As I said, I've passed every top tier song I own (and I own the hardest songs). Guitars Suck seems simple compared to this. Guess I'll just have to practice that particular part :/
  • ROFLmaker122ROFLmaker122 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I've also passed every hard song I have (Don't have Guitars Suck but I have Satch Boogie, Caprici, etc). I don't have this song either, but by looking at the charts, I'd say Headed for the Ditch is harder, mostly because I know those really fast HOPO chords would make me fail instantly. Guitars Suck is probably harder outside of that, but if I use OD well it probably wouldn't make me fail.

I'd say what you think is harder depends on your skill set. I'm pretty bad at fast chord transitions (like Bodisattva) but i'm a lot better at fast fretting (like Caprici solo 3) so I think Headed for the Ditch is harder
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Holy God, that looks insanely evil. Ya, even if that comes to the Wii, I'm not passing that hammer-on chord section(s).
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    One of a handful of songs that I'm simply not buying because I'm certain I'll never pass them. Bought Packet Flier and Death Quota in the earlier days of RBN, and suffice to say they've turned me off to the ultra-hard stuff.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited October 2010
    I can not pass it easily, on all insturment on all difficultys. :cool:
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;4058414 said:
    tbh, i really like all the andy timmons songs, i´ve bought the other two songs and they´re the perfect match between difficult and fun, idk, maybe i´ll check the chart on youtube or something...
    You should. The other two Andy Timmons songs don't begin to compare to the difficulty-fest that is Headed for the Ditch. Pure, triple-distilled insanity.
    edited October 2010
    Fildo28;4060582 said:

deleting the demo now, that does NOT looks like fun AT ALL!!! :(
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjptDgLrypM&feature=related
    He said that we couldn't play this, he was right.

Minus the overcharted part, it looks pretty fun.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Tego1in;4061444 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjptDgLrypM&feature=related
    He said that we couldn't play this, he was right.

Minus the overcharted part, it looks pretty fun.
    It's not overcharted.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    *Looks hard*

OVERCHARTED!

lol.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Thom1234;4065739 said:
    It's not overcharted.
    Looking over it, yeah slowed down its fine but its played different in RB because he mutes the other frets that he always holds down.
    So its not overcharted its just the playing style can't be emulated on a plastic guitar.
  • drudindrudin Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Tego1in;4067499 said:
    Looking over it, yeah slowed down its fine but its played different in RB because he mutes the other frets that he always holds down.
    So its not overcharted its just the playing style can't be emulated on a plastic guitar.
    Hey there,
    I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the "Headed for the Ditch" chart... it helps us make our games better and better.

Actually, Andy is always playing 2 notes throughout that section (watch the video again, he's just palm-muting to control ringing, but always fretting 2 notes) so we thought it important to stay true to that and chart the chorus as double stops (2 notes). So while not over-charted, it's not under-charted either ;)

Though we agree that some things don't translate well from real guitar to plastic, we try to make each chart a balance of fun and accurate. The chorus lick of this song is deceptively hard to play well on a real guitar and we try not to dumb things down in our charts.... I mean, if it's tough as hell in real life, why make it a cake walk in game?

I hope you'll keep trying to FC the song!

dan
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    drudin;4067936 said:
    I hope you'll keep trying to FC the song!
    :eek:
    edited October 2010
    drudin;4067936 said:

i hope you'll keep trying to fc the song!

Dan
    lol.
  • drudindrudin Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Check this dude out, he's almost nailed it. Sick, just sick
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u66mETmy5P4

dan
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    i made it to 13% before failing on guitar (the first crazy hopo section)

the bass is a lot more fun, i made it through that without any mishaps
  • chasenmuskychasenmusky Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Haha, I have tried this a few times and I can't beat it yet. I will! I'm stubborn and I will keep trying it, there is only 3 songs on the RBN (guitars suck, headed for the ditch, and one of the Evile songs that breaks my hand with it's chords) I have yet to beat out of all GH and RB songs, and that's including Jordan and The Devil Went Down To Georgia.

For some reason I find guitar much harder in Rock Band than Guitar Hero (except gh2), anyone else notice that?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    chasenmusky;4069737 said:
    For some reason I find guitar much harder in Rock Band than Guitar Hero (except gh2), anyone else notice that?
    The timing window in Rock Band is smaller than Guitar Hero. I've always had much more trouble hitting crazy stuff in Rock Band. :p
    edited October 2010
    DragoonXD;4070230 said:
    The timing window in Rock Band is smaller than Guitar Hero. I've always had much more trouble hitting crazy stuff in Rock Band. :p
    Ya, it seems so, I've aways noticed something was up, I felt like I had to pay attention more playing Rock Band. I do play with breakneck speed on so that does help quite a bit. I think it's the smaller looking notes too that make it a bit harder, I like how in Guitar Hero the size of notes don't change.

I prefer Rock Band any day but it's still fun to go back and play crazy stuff on the old GH games.

I'm going to try my luck again with this song, anyone else pass it yet?
    edited October 2010
    Lol, this god damn song haha.

I just played through Satch Boogie for practice then went to try this and still, 13% is as far as I'm getting. Don't know if I will ever actually beat this song. Wonder how many scores have been logged lol? - just looked it up on Xbox Live Leaderboard, lol 46!

Guitars Suck isn't impossible, but my arm actually gets tired playing that through halfway so I just need more practice.

"Time No More" by Evile is pissing me off soooo much, haha. The part from 60%-80%, the chords to ho/po to single green, it's not hard but I just suck at playing that. This song isn't hard! but I cannot for the life of me play that section leading up to the solo.

These 3 songs are making me die a little inside every time I try them lol. Glutton for punishment I guess.
  • BaZBaZ Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Took me about five or six times, but I got it! Finally! Got around 85% on it... I don't think I'll ever five star it, definitely rating this lower when RB3 comes out, I do NOT want to get that in a random setlist, hahah
  • Xyber DeathXyber Death Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    With a little practice I might five star it. I currently have 4 and 2/3, so it's totally possible.
  • MaGna720MaGna720 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Got close to five stars, the trick to passing it for me is to just strum the lowest two chords in each sequence, so if the chords are red-yellow, red-blues, and red-oranges, I focus on the middle chords (those show up the most) and the lower chord. So with those three chords, holding red, I am really just strumming B-Y-B - B - and then repeat. This pattern applies to the other two positions. With a little bit of luck, you can bs your way through the first riff, and hopefully you'll be able to score the od from the beginning and the one from in between the two riffs from hell to help you get through the second one.