EdgarmcflyEdgarmcfly Opening Act
edited October 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
The latest news was on April 5, 2010 about the winning of webby awards

This is SAD :(

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    soup567;4059528 said:
    Mass Effect 2 got MOAR than two mission packs, it got 3: fire-walker, the one with the evil computer program (i forgot the name) and revenge of the shadow broker, several weapons packs, one alternate appearance pack. Thinks that it I think.

And Mikachu, I wouldn't expect you to understand our devotion to The Beatles and this game. We are always going to be hoping for MOAR DLC. 3 albums and a single is not enough from a band who is as inspirational and awesome as The Beatles.
    He said Mass Effect, not Mass Effect 2. As in the first one, which only did get 2 DLC packs.

He's right soup, we did get a hell of a good deal. The Beatles are the artist with the most songs in ANY rhythm game ever. Which is fitting for what is considered the best band of all time. I'd love more just as much as you but it's wrong to think we got it bad. The game has over 70 songs on it. It should be more than enough songs to satisfy you considering that just 2 years ago having the Beatles in any video game seemed impossible to us.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Mikachu;4059556 said:
    Sometimes, games die. Fact of life.
    HMX said "No more DLC for RBU" when it died. And yet...there has been no announcement of the sort for Beatles. Something has to be in the works.
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Our theme song is Wait/Fool on the hill//The End/Revolution
    Wait being we've been waiting
    Fool on the hill:were fools to think they will release DLC
    The End: Its The End
    Revolution:Lets start a revolution

I think there will be beatles DLC...When I'm 64 :p
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    soup567;4059584 said:
    HMX said "No more DLC for RBU" when it died. And yet...there has been no announcement of the sort for Beatles. Something has to be in the works.
    I don't think it means something is in the works. It just means that they might come back to it in the future. That doesn't mean they're working on, or even thinking of working on, more DLC right now.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    soup567;4059584 said:
    I admire your optimism, but that means absolutely nothing. There's been no announcement on a Knights of the Old Republic 3. Something has to be in the works. Nobody's announced Billy Joe Armstrong Faces the Evil Zombie Apocalypse King yet. That game must be in the works still.

If you'd prefer a more appropriate response:

1. "No more Beatles DLC!" - If Apple decides later on they want to release more Beatles DLC, but then see this announcement, chances are they'll cancel their DLC plans. Nobody wants to work with a company that doesn't consult their business partners before making such statements.
    2. "We're going to bring you guys more DLC in the future!" - If Apple decides later on to scrap that idea, or there's a problem with the masters, or something just goes wrong in general, you guys are pissed at Harmonix.
    3. "We'll see what we can do!" - They'll see what they can do. That's it.

Trust me, there are plenty of Beatles tracks I'd like to see, if Harmonix could somehow make the keyboard compatible. Just because I'm saying all this doesn't mean I hate the Beatles more than Hitler and hope they never release another track ever again. Still, some of us need to grow up and face reality. It's just a game.
    edited October 2010
    Mikachu;4059627 said:
    I admire your optimism, but that means absolutely nothing. There's been no announcement on a Knights of the Old Republic 3. Something has to be in the works. Nobody's announced Billy Joe Armstrong Faces the Evil Zombie Apocalypse King yet. That game must be in the works still.

If you'd prefer a more appropriate response:

1. "No more Beatles DLC!" - If Apple decides later on they want to release more Beatles DLC, but then see this announcement, chances are they'll cancel their DLC plans. Nobody wants to work with a company that doesn't consult their business partners before making such statements.
    2. "We're going to bring you guys more DLC in the future!" - If Apple decides later on to scrap that idea, or there's a problem with the masters, or something just goes wrong in general, you guys are pissed at Harmonix.
    3. "We'll see what we can do!" - They'll see what they can do. That's it.

Trust me, there are plenty of Beatles tracks I'd like to see, if Harmonix could somehow make the keyboard compatible. Just because I'm saying all this doesn't mean I hate the Beatles more than Hitler and hope they never release another track ever again. Still, some of us need to grow up and face reality. It's just a game.
    Let me rephrase what I said. In the past when HMX has let their games end they have openly said "No more DLC." Now, TBRB hasn't had any DLC in a while, but HMX hasn't said "No more DLC." Yes they keep saying "We're working on it", but the fact is that HMX not saying "No more DLC", for all this times means that they don't want to let this game end, which makes me think they have some sort of future plan or are working on something to try and get MOAR songs into the game.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2010
    iTunes is a decade old and has NO Beatles tracks up for download.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I'd be extremely surprised if nothing else ever gets released as DLC. Like we've all been saying, with the other games that were dead there was an announcement of no further content. Being as that has never happened with this game, which came out over a year ago, it makes me think they'll work on something relatively soon hopefully.

How lame would it be to make us wait this long for nothing? I think even they know that'd make 'em look a bit bad. Something must be on the horizon eventually...
    edited October 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;4059687 said:
    iTunes is a decade old and has NO Beatles tracks up for download.
    Your point? There was a big dispute between Apple Corps and Apple over rights to the name. That's a big reason why we haven't seen The Beatles on iTunes. Also I'm not quite sure how interested the owners of their songs rights are in iTunes. The Beatles still sell extraordinary well. They were the 2nd best selling artist of the last decade. Over 1.3 billion albums sold in total record sales world wide. They're doing fine without it.
    edited October 2010
    soup567;4059715 said:
    Your point? There was a big dispute between Apple Corps and Apple over rights to the name. That's a big reason why we haven't seen The Beatles on iTunes. Also I'm not quite sure how interested the owners of their songs rights are in iTunes. The Beatles still sell extraordinary well. They were the 2nd best selling artist of the last decade. Over 1.3 billion albums sold in total record sales world wide. They're doing fine without it.
    My point is don't complain that their game doesn't have enough Beatles when it's the biggest digital store of Beatles content.
    edited October 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;4059721 said:
    My point is don't complain that their game doesn't have enough Beatles when it's the biggest digital store of Beatles content.
    How was I complaining? I was saying that I'm hoping for MOAR DLC. Yep that's the definition of complaining alright. :rolleyes:
    edited October 2010
    soup567;4059735 said:
    How was I complaining? I was saying that I'm hoping for MOAR DLC. Yep that's the definition of complaining alright. :rolleyes:
    I never addressed you at any point except to reply to your comment with a blanket statement.
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I just want Rock Band 3 to come out already so HMX can work on Beatles RB
  • Arsenal-LadArsenal-Lad Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    It's good that HMX haven't ruled out dlc yet, but still 5 months without any news about the game at all isn't good. Also it will take time to make new albums/songs so I doubt we will see any dlc before next year. I think it's almost as likely that we get The Beatles Rock Band 2 as new dlc. I mean it would sell a lot better than just new dlc but we will have to wait and see. I still think and hope that there will be more Beatles in Rock Band one way or another.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    MostSpartan14;4059594 said:
    I don't think it means something is in the works. It just means that they might come back to it in the future. That doesn't mean they're working on, or even thinking of working on, more DLC right now.
    I would be very suprised if they have'nt worked a bit on it.
  • Bouffant_BettyBouffant_Betty Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    soup567;4059390 said:
    REBELLION!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo! Who's with me?

But yeah it sucks we haven't heard anything new about it. Hopefully sometime in the future MOAR DLC will be announced.
    soup567;4059528 said:
    Mass Effect 2 got MOAR than two mission packs, it got 3: fire-walker, the one with the evil computer program (i forgot the name) and revenge of the shadow broker, several weapons packs, one alternate appearance pack. Thinks that it I think.

And Mikachu, I wouldn't expect you to understand our devotion to The Beatles and this game. We are always going to be hoping for MOAR DLC. 3 albums and a single is not enough from a band who is as inspirational and awesome as The Beatles.
    soup567;4059664 said:
    Let me rephrase what I said. In the past when HMX has let their games end they have openly said "No more DLC." Now, TBRB hasn't had any DLC in a while, but HMX hasn't said "No more DLC." Yes they keep saying "We're working on it", but the fact is that HMX not saying "No more DLC", for all this times means that they don't want to let this game end, which makes me think they have some sort of future plan or are working on something to try and get MOAR songs into the game.
    soup567;4059735 said:
    Do you have to capitalize moar everytime...is it really necessary?
    edited October 2010
    Bouffant_Betty;4060524 said:
    Do you have to capitalize moar everytime...is it really necessary?
    Woah, does it really matter?

Its not
    written
    like this

Or This Now We're Talking About It.
    edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    Bouffant_Betty;4060532 said:
    ...wut?
    I guess you have'nt been on this forum, back when it was active

There was a guy who made post's like this:

i really
    think
    that there
    should be
    more
    dlc
    for
    the beatles

- i think hes name was joekoll or something
    edited October 2010
    Ah, Ive been here for a while, usually not over in this section though, usually in HoR
    edited October 2010
    Bouffant_Betty;4060559 said:
    Ah, Ive been here for a while, usually not over in this section though, usually in HoR
    Oh ok.

But hes name is joekooll, and here's some examples.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3713170#post3713170

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3732378#post3732378

That's annoying :p but i still miss him
    edited October 2010
    **** that is annoying.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    There will be no more DLC for the Beatles, I think that is pretty obvious by now.....but I do think that there will be a Beatles Rock Band 2 or something similar, with keyboard support. Hopefully sometime next year.
  • CarryThatWeightCarryThatWeight Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I don't know what to think.

I mean, part of me thinks that Harmonix would NOT throw more opportunities to release more content from one of THE biggest bands in history: And throw away their exclusive licensing of The Beatles in a video game. It's one of those things that don't come round that often!

At the moment, I'm just getting on with my life. Not obsessing over new DLC, but quietly hoping that some more DLC, or even a second game, can come out once it's ready.
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I really think they're gonna somehow get keyboards in the game, so that we can have the more piano heavy songs like Let it Be and Hey Jude. Even if it has to be through a second game.
  • DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Relauby;4060663 said:
    Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I really think they're gonna somehow get keyboards in the game, so that we can have the more piano heavy songs like Let it Be and Hey Jude. Even if it has to be through a second game.
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. Isn't it weird that the biggest songs missing on Beatles Rockband needs keyboard?
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Daytripped;4060836 said:
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. Isn't it weird that the biggest songs missing on Beatles Rockband needs keyboard?
    It's really not weird at all... Why are Hey Jude and Let it Be missing? Because they're so keyboard heavy. And what isn't playable in The Beatles Rock Band? Keyboard.
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    There won't be any DLC until When I'm 64 :p
  • TheComedianTheComedian Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I can't wait until the Beatles get Keyboard support....that would be epic..

What if Muse gets released, then Keyboard support for The Beatles is announced..

What would happen to the forums....
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2010
    soup567;4059715 said:
    Your point? There was a big dispute between Apple Corps and Apple over rights to the name. That's a big reason why we haven't seen The Beatles on iTunes.
    That lawsuit was settled years ago, and many Apple Records artists have since appeared on iTunes (including all four Beatles individually). That also doesn't explain why The Beatles aren't on other services like Amazon. The point was that Rock Band was able to get The Beatles before any of those, and we're lucky to have ANY of their songs, let alone more than any other band in a music game.