11 New Songs Announced: Full EP, VVVVVV Soundtrack, and more!

FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
edited May 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Before I start, I'll just point anyone who enjoyed our latest release, Dying Wish of a Living Man, to the band's video. They're doing a little contest thing.

With that out of the way. I promised we'd be announcing a bunch of songs tonight. Total came to 11, though we've got another 6-8 that may be available to announce in the next week. They're just not 100% there yet, and we don't want to take back an announcement. So here's what we've got:

First up: I've already mentioned this, but we're making it official: MidiMidis are making their video game debut, with (deep breath everyone!) "There's Just Far Too Much Going on Upstairs for Me to Feel Truly Comfortable with Myself". Since two parts are pure chiptune (and the guitar is a good mix) they get to throw some surprisingly tough stuff at you, so don't expect a cakewalk.

(Press Release)

Second: Virginia Pop/Rock band Mafia Track Suit is jumping in on RBN with their eponymous debut EP, which is releasing tonight. It's pretty straightforward stuff but really energetic, with a few hints of alternative rock a la Foo Fighters.

(Press Release)

And finally: We're bringing RBN's largest set of video game soundtrack songs to the system with RBN2.0's debut. Three tracks from VVVVVV will be coming to the game, courtesy of chiptune artist [url=www.souleye.se]Magnus 'SoulEye' P

Comments

• OmegaVitaminCOmegaVitaminC Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    :O
    I LOVE VVVVVV!!!!
    This is a wonderful surprise! how are the 8bit sounds going to chosen for which instrument?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;4061681 said:
    :O
    I LOVE VVVVVV!!!!
    This is a wonderful surprise! how are the 8bit sounds going to chosen for which instrument?
    Magnus is splitting it up into instruments. Obviously, the percussive stuff is on drums, and the lowest frequencies are bass. Pressure Cooker actually has vocals, which is strange and cool. But for guitar vs. keys, I believe he's just creating a lead/rhythm kind of split, and we'll put guitar on lead and keys on rhythm. That might sound lame, but there are definitely points where the rhythm is more interesting than the lead line, so both will be pretty active.
    edited October 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4061706 said:
    Magnus is splitting it up into instruments. Obviously, the percussive stuff is on drums, and the lowest frequencies are bass. Pressure Cooker actually has vocals, which is strange and cool. But for guitar vs. keys, I believe he's just creating a lead/rhythm kind of split, and we'll put guitar on lead and keys on rhythm. That might sound lame, but there are definitely points where the rhythm is more interesting than the lead line, so both will be pretty active.
    oh, you can chart keys now?
    anyway this is going to be awesome, I can't wait to get it if it comes to ps3.
    Thanks so much for all the hard work :D
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2010
    I have to ask. RBN2.0 allows for packing?
    edited October 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;4061781 said:
    I have to ask. RBN2.0 allows for packing?
    Oh, heh, no. Not as far as I know. They're just logically grouped tracks but not a full album. All songs will only be available individually. (And will only be $1.)
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;4061719 said:
    oh, you can chart keys now?
    anyway this is going to be awesome, I can't wait to get it if it comes to ps3.
    Thanks so much for all the hard work :D
    They don't get keys charting until early 2011, I think. They're just planning ahead.
    edited October 2010
    Quazifuji;4061929 said:
    They don't get keys charting until early 2011, I think. They're just planning ahead.
    Yep, always planning ahead. This makes the second artist we've confirmed for RBN2.0 (Electric Moon being the first), and once RB3 is actually out we plan on pursuing more artists expressly for that stage.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4061798 said:
    Oh, heh, no. Not as far as I know.
    Hmm...
    All songs will only be available individually. (And will only be $1.)
    Which is better than any pack discount anyways.
    edited October 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;4069568 said:
    Hmm...

Which is better than any pack discount anyways.
    Yea, we've only just gotten material that might maybe be $2. A side-effect of constantly working with minor artists is that we rarely have reason to go to that price point.
  • VintageVintage Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    [QUOTE=FairwoodStudios;4061607]
    The VVVVVV Pack 01 for RBN 2.0
    Magnus 'SoulEye' P
  • GreenIllusionGreenIllusion Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Where's Pushing Onwards? :(
    Other than that, awesome!
    edited October 2010
    GreenIllusion;4070275 said:
    Where's Pushing Onwards? :(
    When we deal with big projects like this, we usually put together a preference list, saying- all things equal- this is the songs in order of how much we wanna do them. Pushing Onwards was #4, and when we decided on a 3-pack, it got squeezed out.

Nothing's saying we're only doing one pack though. :)
  • GreenIllusionGreenIllusion Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4070893 said:

Nothing's saying we're only doing one pack though. :)
    Sure hope you go for it, as I like it so much that I often start up VVVVVV just to listen to it! Yes, I know it's on youtube. It's just more.. awesome in-game. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I love all the VVVVVV-songs, so I'm really happy we'll get the 3 you ARE doing right now! :)
  • souleyesouleye Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Hey all, SoulEye here, I just wanted to share this with you all:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D
    edited May 2011
    .......Rock Band Network 2.0 has been out for quite a while now. Why aren't the songs up yet? I've been dying of excitement for those VVVVVV tracks.
    edited May 2011
    OmegaVitaminC;4393196 said:
    .......Rock Band Network 2.0 has been out for quite a while now. Why aren't the songs up yet? I've been dying of excitement for those VVVVVV tracks.

Because they still have to go through test and review and all that stuff. Positive Force is nearly ready, it almost got released but a few last-minute issues cropped up, and Pressure Cooker is very close behind.
    edited May 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4393216 said:
    Because they still have to go through test and review and all that stuff. Positive Force is nearly ready, it almost got released but a few last-minute issues cropped up, and Pressure Cooker is very close behind.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I'm just a PS3 user, but I'm really glad just to see this coming to rockband. I'll definitely buy them if they are ported over.
    edited May 2011
    OmegaVitaminC;4393217 said:
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I'm just a PS3 user, but I'm really glad just to see this coming to rockband. I'll definitely buy them if they are ported over.

I hope they are ported over! They're certainly some of our more popular ones pre-release. Ironically, if pre-release hype is a good indicator, the Super Meat Boy tracks have a bit of a better shot (despite the game never coming to PS3, ever).
    edited May 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4393415 said:
    I hope they are ported over! They're certainly some of our more popular ones pre-release. Ironically, if pre-release hype is a good indicator, the Super Meat Boy tracks have a bit of a better shot (despite the game never coming to PS3, ever).

S-S-S-SUPER MEAT BOY???
    Are you trying to kill me with excitement? I love that game so much!