Strangest star result

shrike13shrike13 Unsigned
edited October 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Had to post this since it's the most bizarre/surprising song result I've seen in the game.

I was playing Tom Petty DLC (Renegade live version) and was playing very well. I don't think I was flawless but wasn't really playing for score so didn't notice. I then hit the solo and got my hand out of place and failed out of the song. I managed to get a perfect recovery at the end of the solo then finished out the song. The result -- gold stars!

Still can't figure out how I gold starred a song after failing out. Anyone else had a strange star result similar to that?

Comments

  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Don't you earn all those missed points back through the recovery system?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2010
    Mikachu;4063917 said:
    Don't you earn all those missed points back through the recovery system?
    Ayup. Only thing missed is the notes when your track drops. Plenty of songs could do this, I'm sure.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited October 2010
    Still, it's pretty remarkable in that if you fail in the middle of a solo I'm pretty certain you don't get any of the bonus points you would have if you managed to survive all of it.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2010
    LoopyChew;4065258 said:
    Still, it's pretty remarkable in that if you fail in the middle of a solo I'm pretty certain you don't get any of the bonus points you would have if you managed to survive all of it.
    This is true. The percentage above the solo goes away and nothing happens at the end.
  • edited October 2010
    shrike13;4063532 said:
    Had to post this since it's the most bizarre/surprising song result I've seen in the game.

    I was playing Tom Petty DLC (Renegade live version) and was playing very well. I don't think I was flawless but wasn't really playing for score so didn't notice. I then hit the solo and got my hand out of place and failed out of the song. I managed to get a perfect recovery at the end of the solo then finished out the song. The result -- gold stars!

    Still can't figure out how I gold starred a song after failing out. Anyone else had a strange star result similar to that?
    I think you mean Refugee....

    ;)
  • shrike13shrike13 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Doc_SoCal;4068530 said:
    I think you mean Refugee....

    ;)
    Doh! Wow, that was a big freudian slip. You're right.
  • Titua_OverdriveTitua_Overdrive Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I got a ZERO star, Zero score, Zero Streak on an RBN song. screen shot of Random Song
Sign In or Register to comment.