Hardest Songs on Each Instrument

Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
edited October 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Got particularly bored, so I Picked up the following from the PSN Rock Band Network:

Betty And Me
Day of Mourning
Death Quota for Purification
Hook, Line, and Sinner
Infected Nation
Now Demolition
Packet Flier
Riot Act
Shallow Waters
Tastes like Kevin Bacon
Unfurling a Darkened Gospel

Which means I now have all but 4 of the Devil-tiered guitar songs available (bleed, Crushed Beyond Dust, Dr Doom, and Hey There Mr Brooks), and I was able to beat all of them on my sightread. I didn't get 5 stars on any of them, I dont think, but I beat them all.

Well, all except Death Quota...but that;s only becuase my starpower didn't activate at the...second or third solo.

I'm wondering, what are the most difficult songs available on RBN for any instrument? I know Guitar has that country song that came out, HEaded for the Ditch, I think it's called, and Guitars SUCK by bumblefoot, but what about the other instruments?

FRom what I've played on PS3, I'd say they go something like this:

5 - Mordecai - Between the Buried and Me
4 - Trippolette - Andrew Buch
3 - Exodus - Riot Act
2 - Shallow Waters - Amberian Dawn
1 - Death Quota for Purification - The Myriad Burial

Nothing else stood out as difficult, in fact I was rather disappointed in Packet Flier, Tastes like KEvin Bacon, and that really long Evile song w ith the super intense solo, Infected Nation I think. I was able to get through that entire song without overdrive on my sightread!

So what's your top 5 hardest songs on RBN?

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    "We Are the Nightmare" by Arsis is the hardest drum song in the game. Hands down. "Unfurling a Darkened Gospel" and "Day of Mourning" aren't far behind.

Hardest song I've played on bass is probably "Death Quota" or "XIV".
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I'd say for guitar... probably "Time No More" by Evile... damn that's hard.
  • smeeguelsmeeguel Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I can't believe no one has mentioned "Chasing the Light" by Nautiluz for guitar. There's even a 1600MSP bounty for whoever posts a FC video it first.

http://www.rockgamerstudios.com/2010/09/the-chasing-the-light-fc-challenge-is-on/
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    smeeguel;4068042 said:
    I can't believe no one has mentioned "Chasing the Light" by Nautiluz for guitar. There's even a 1600MSP bounty for whoever posts a FC video it first.

http://www.rockgamerstudios.com/2010/09/the-chasing-the-light-fc-challenge-is-on/
    Yeah, but that's hard tp Fullcombo, not hard to beat.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    DragoonXD;4067961 said:
    "We Are the Nightmare" by Arsis is the hardest drum song in the game. Hands down. "Unfurling a Darkened Gospel" and "Day of Mourning" aren't far behind.
    I'd say it's those (especially Arsis), Packet Flier, Mordecai, and Curse You All Men. There are a lot of other really tough ones too, though (Bled to be Free, Makeup/Breakup, Crushed Beyond Dust, and, from what I hear, Arcaedion are probably the hardest that don't have alternating blast beats).

The hardest on guitar are probably Guitars Suck, Headed for the Ditch, and Death Quota (and maybe Time No More). There are a few songs in playtest or peer review that look like they might be harder than any of those, though (Nihilanth by Gatling and Reaper and Baptized by Fire by Chaotrope; all three have videos on Youtube).
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    the most beautiful girl in the room is ****ing brutal on vocals.
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Runa216;4068404 said:
    Yeah, but that's hard tp Fullcombo, not hard to beat.
    Sorry? I consider myself a slightly above average plastic guitarist, and I couldn't get any further in than ~20 percent. This IS hard to beat.

And yes, Headed for the Ditch and Guitars SUCK are certainly among the hardest guitar tracks on RBN, if only because they charge at you right off the bat.
  • D1sturb3dD1sturb3d Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    i only have 3 RBN songs... but they are all extremely difficult.
    Unfurling a Darkened Gospel - Job For a Cowboy
    Mordecai - Between the Buried and Me
    Tastes Like Kevin Bacon (the hardest for me) - iwrestledabearonce
  • StormPhoenix2StormPhoenix2 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Guitar:
    Some great picks so far, I'd definitely place Nililanth and Chasing the Light in the upper echelon of this list. I am surprised, however, that no one has made mention of The Word Alive's "Battle Royale." The timing can be a bit tricky in spots, and the solo...holy crap, the solo. One of the most brutal I've ever played in Rock Band.

Bass:
    Dunno...Mordecai's probably up there, as are the Emperor songs. Where the Light Was Born, too, if only for endurance. Which brings us to...

Drums:
    No mention yet of Where the Light Was Born? For shame. Pure, undiluted endurance test, that one. We Are the Nightmare is definitely up there, too, as is Day of Mourning and Mordecai. And Arcaedion...sweet Crystal Dragon Jesus, Arcaedion. I have never seen a crazier song on drums. Call Mike Portnoy, he's got competition.

Vocals:
    Not being a vocalist, I don't know what to say here. rocker820 mentioned The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room) from Flight of the Conchords, and seeing the degree of difficulty on the vocals, I'd believe it.
  • OmegaVitaminCOmegaVitaminC Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Drums: We are the Nightmare (it actually is a good song too)
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Nihilanth for guitar, and We are The Nightmare for drums by far nothing comes close.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Quazifuji;4068916 said:
    I'd say it's those (especially Arsis), Packet Flier, Mordecai, and Curse You All Men.
    StormPhoenix2; said:
    Bass:
    Dunno...Mordecai's probably up there, as are the Emperor songs.

Makes me want those Emperor songs even more. Stupid fact that I have PS3 and Sony doesn't want more than 5 RBN songs per week.
  • StormPhoenix2StormPhoenix2 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    @darkwinterbeast8: All I have is Inno A Satana, so jury's out on Curse You All Men for me. Still, if you like black metal, I highly recommend the both of them if and when they come to the PS3. At this rate, the PS3 should see at least one Emperor song by the end of the year, but that's just (mostly) baseless speculation on my part. Don't take my word for it.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Love Black Metal and already listen to Emperor. Just biding my time until those tracks come to the PS3.

I've heard it all hinges on whether the Xbox users buy the tracks though for it to get ported to the PS3. That means that either I have to rely on Xbox Rock band players to buy the Emperor tracks in between the Johnathan Coultran and Amberian Dawn tracks or wait until the Wii surpasses the PS3 in the RBN downloads and get a Wii....

...Or I could just shill out the money for a Xbox 360 and Rock Band but I have to worry about new car payments.;)
  • scorcher777scorcher777 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Guitar-Thrasher. Never have I had my hands in a more painful situation than in The Devil Went Down To Georgia. *Shudder* Nothing I'd ever want to talk about.

Bass-Visions, HANDS DOWN!!!

Drums-Battery. Although its a basic hand/foot switch the entire time, those tempo changes are INTENSE for me. That or Panic Attack.

Vocals-Oddly enough... It's...well...You Oughta Know. DAYUMN that's hard for me.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited October 2010
    The pulled from the store Footloose and Fancy Free is by far the hardest RBN song on vocals. I don't care if I haven't played all of the RBN songs on vocals. I seriously doubt the rest are anywhere close to as hard.
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    scorcher777;4086497 said:
    Guitar-Thrasher. Never have I had my hands in a more painful situation than in The Devil Went Down To Georgia. *Shudder* Nothing I'd ever want to talk about.

Bass-Visions, HANDS DOWN!!!

Drums-Battery. Although its a basic hand/foot switch the entire time, those tempo changes are INTENSE for me. That or Panic Attack.

Vocals-Oddly enough... It's...well...You Oughta Know. DAYUMN that's hard for me.
    Dude, he meant on Rock Band Network. Besides, in General these are the hardest:
    Guitar- Satch Boogie
    Drums- What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
    Bass- Panic Attack
    Vocals- They're Red Hot
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    In RBN, They are:
    Guitar - Guitars SUCK
    Drums - We Are the Nightmare
    Bass - I dunno, I don't play bass.
    Vocals - The Most Beautiful Woman in This Room