electronic drum

crispitacrispita Unsigned
edited October 2010 in Rock Band
Hello, going to be my birthday and I want a electronic drum. My question is whether the millennium of Thomman when midi work with rock band 3 and if I need something more than the midi adapter to work?
I would also like to know if I could play rock band versions before 3 in the pro.
thanks.

Hola, va a ser mi cumplea

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2010
    crispita;4071185 said:
    Hello, going to be my birthday and I want a electronic drum. My question is whether the millennium of Thomman when midi work with rock band 3 and if I need something more than the midi adapter to work?
    I would also like to know if I could play rock band versions before 3 in the pro.
    The MPS-200 brain does have a MIDI Out port, but I believe it is identical in functionality to the Simmons SD5K, which cannot customize the MIDI settings. Right now, we don't know if such kits will be compatible with the MIDI Pro adapter. You'll have to wait until Harmonix or Mad Catz releases the MIDI Pro's compatibility list.

In answer to your second question, no, only Rock Band 3 has the Pro Drums mode. Or if you were asking if the MIDI Pro would work with earlier versions of Rock Band, that answer is also no.
  • edited October 2010
    Is this just for Rockband?

Bienvenido to the Rockband Forums.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm not familiar with the Millennium, but here is what we have been told about the RB3 MIDI adapter: Any electronic drum kit that has programmable MIDI outputs will work. All you will need to do is program your drum kit's "brain" to send the correct MIDI signals for each pad, cymbal and pedal. The adapter will also be compatible with a number of drum kits that are not programmable, but we do not yet know which ones. Eventually Harmonix will release a list of those kits that the adapter will support.

I may be misunderstanding your next question, but if you're asking whether songs that came out before RB3 will feature pro drums, the answer is yes. We've been told that all official DLC and on-disc tracks, as well as a lot of tracks from the Rock Band Network, already have data for pro drums.

If you're asking if you can use your drum kit for games before RB3, the answer is "maybe." The MIDI adapter will not be supported by earlier games, but there is other hardware out there that allows many different drum kits to work with RB2 and other earlier games. Whether that extra hardware is worth the investment is up for debate, but if you are interested, you can search the forums or Google for additional information.

translate.google.com follows...

Bienvenido al foro!

No estoy familiarizado con el Millennium, pero aqu
  • hakko504hakko504 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    AFAIK the cheapest set from thomann that will work 100% is the milennium MPS-300 drums with a Yamaha DTXpress module, but that is about €200 more than the set you're looking at. May be worth waiting until the full compatibility list of the MIDI adapter is released to be sure.
  • crispitacrispita Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    ok thanks :)
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Or you can get the Millenium MPS 400. The MIDI is completely customizable, dual zone cymbals, 3 way Hi Hat, Dual Zone snare, 8" Bass Drum (Loud)