10/12/10 DLC Discussion - 2000 Songs of HENDRIX goodness

edited October 2010 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4072586 said:
Hey gang,

We sorta announced this DLC last week as part of the big "WOO 2,000 SONGS IN ROCK BAND WOO!" press release. But for those of you that missed it, or for those of you that have been waiting anxiously for the specific track listing, here's the milestone DLC coming out next week, the full album of Are You Experienced? by Jimi Hendrix! There's more classic tracks in here than you can shake a stick at, which makes this an incredibly fitting release to put the RB library over 2,000 total songs. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 12):

“Purple Haze” +
“Manic Depression” +
“Hey Joe (Live)”
“Love or Confusion” +
“May This Be Love” +
“The Wind Cries Mary” +
“Fire (Live)”
“3rd Stone from the Sun” +
“Foxey Lady” +
“Are You Experienced?”
“Stone Free” +
“Highway Chile” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Oct. 13)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Are You Experienced: Rock Band Edition (Album) on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1,600 Microsoft Points) for Are You Experienced: Rock Band Edition (Album)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Rock Band Network releases will be listed below shortly. Check back soon!
Its OUT!

Comments

• whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Pankrazzo;4072615 said:
    Epic win!

But what's up with that Fire (Live) repeat, and how will it sort with the studio version from Lego:RB?
    Simple,
    One will be "Fire" and the other "Fire (Live)" (both will probably occupy the same track space).

Disappointed in the lack of "I Don't Live Today" :(
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    This really isn't my cup of tea, but that's ok. I've barely played any of the songs from this week (and I downloaded them all). Plus, getting a Hendrix album out of the way increases the likelihood that there will be something I actually will enjoy on my birthday (Oct. 19th). And then, only one more week until RB3.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Awesome shtuffs, and a relief to see most of these tracks are the studio tracks. Hendrix was just as amazing on stage as in the studio, but even so, it's nice to have the familiar stuff in almost every case.

Say...

Anybody else besides me find it ironic that studio "Fire" was an on-disc track for Lego Rock Band, but live "Fire" is not marked family friendly?
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Here is the live "Fire":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kUzz9zv9pU

Hey Joe is from the Voodoo Child collection, which has the winterland version, which means it will be this version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L63iQSzdSc

Quite an amazing version IMO, should be fun to play.

Also, "Stone Free" is from Valleys of Neptune.

Source: press release.
    http://www.rockband.com/news/areyouexperienced-dlc
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    FujiSkunk;4072645 said:
    Anybody else besides me find it ironic that studio "Fire" was an on-disc track for Lego Rock Band, but live "Fire" is not marked family friendly?
    Not really, it's known that bands sometimes change the lyrics when playing live or shouting stuff.
    edited October 2010
    siee;4072651 said:
    Not really, it's known that bands sometimes change the lyrics when playing live or shouting stuff.
    Oh, I'm not saying it's without reason. I'm just amused by it.
    edited October 2010
    RM-225;4072624 said:
    Which version of "Hey Joe" are we getting?

Could someone answer me that, please?
    that one:

it has a drum solo at the end! kind of.
  • The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I love Hendrix and all, but I will probably just pick 4 or 5 tracks and call it a day.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    yaniv297;4072648 said:
    Hey Joe is from the Voodoo Child collection, which has the winterland version, which means it will be this version:

Quite an amazing version IMO, should be fun to play.

I hope it's this version! I was a little disappointed at first that it wasn't the studio version, but this version is soooo much better!!!

I hope we can get word from Harmonix that it's this version!

Edit: Nevermind, it is that version!! :)
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Exactly where are those live tracks from? Woodstock? Berkley? Monterey? Winterland?

Edit: Thanks for telling me about Hey Joe, at least.
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    yaniv297;4072648 said:
    kal_el_0724;4072678 said:
    I hope it's this version! I was a little disappointed at first that it wasn't the studio version, but this version is soooo much better!!!

See above it was the same post you quoted at the Bottom. It explains where the Live version are from.

"Additionally, alternate versions of songs originally recorded for Are You Experienced will also be released next week, including versions of “Hey Joe (Live)” from Voodoo Child: The Jimi Hendrix Collection, “Fire (Live)” from Hendrix’s famous performance at Woodstock, and “Stone Free” from Valleys of Neptune, a collection of previously unreleased Hendrix recordings that was put out earlier this year."

I most likely will buy the whole album I really love the engery in the live Fire version from woodstock.
    edited October 2010
    kal_el_0724;4072678 said:

We already got.
    http://www.rockband.com/news/areyouexperienced-dlc

"including versions of “Hey Joe (Live)” from Voodoo Child: The Jimi Hendrix Collection"

Quick google search:
    http://www.authentichendrix.com/pgi-ProductSpec?622-001-043

it says this is the winterland version. it also fits the track length in Wikipedia (6:45). It is that version.
    edited October 2010
    sonicnerd23;4072680 said:

Edit: Thanks for telling me about Hey Joe, at least.
    Fire is from Woodstock. Hey Joe is from Winterland.

Edit: ninja'd
    edited October 2010
    yaniv297;4072685 said:
    Fire is from Woodstock. Hey Joe is from Winterland.

Edit: ninja'd
    If that's the case, then they should label that track as being by Jimi Hendrix because he wasn't with the Experience at that point.
    edited October 2010
    sonicnerd23;4072689 said:
    If that's the case, then they should label that track as being by Jimi Hendrix because he wasn't with the Experience at that point.
    Are you suggesting Harmonix is misstating who a particular song is by? That never happens!

:D
  • alex_rbalex_rb Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Too bad there's no "51st Anniversary". I'll probably get "Purple Haze", "Foxy Lady" and maybe "Are You Experienced?" Should be a great pack though!
  • edited October 2010
    Those live versions kick some serious butt. Nice.
    edited October 2010
    FujiSkunk;4072697 said:
    Are you suggesting Harmonix is misstating who a particular song is by? That never happens!

Well, yeah, that happened, but If the same were to hold true for Hendrix, we'd have all of Axis: Bold as Love under Jimi Hendrix.
  • antdogsantdogs Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    awesome album.. waiting for Voodoo Chile!!
  • vitamins999vitamins999 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Wow, those live versions are sick. Especially Hey Joe.

Definite purchase this one.
  • smokeverbssmokeverbs Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Disappointing, only because of No Red House. The Hendrix "in The West" version would be been Killer. Oh well, still buying all of this, cuz I love Hendrix.
  • HeadcaseHeadcase Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    The charts in Axis really really impressed me, so I can't resist getting this album. Seriously, the whole "games are bad because music will conform to them" argument doesn't hold a lot of weight when many bands (The Experience high among them) made great charts for the game nearly a half a century before it existed.
    FujiSkunk;4072697 said:

Also "Under Pressure" which should probably be "Queen Feat. David Bowie". Seems that they like to keep one artist name to one album (for the sake of artist sort).

Hopefully for RB3 they've broken it down so there can be different values for "what to put the song under in sort" (e.g. Queen) and "what the actual band name is for this song" (e.g. Queen Feat. David Bowie"), at least for DLC released after RB3.
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Hmmm, the trend continues. Awesome, must-buy DLC from harmonix = stuff I couldn't care less about on PS3 RBN. Oh well, my wallet appreciates it. $20 in one week is quite enough.
    Thank you HMX for more outstanding Hendrix DLC!
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    The live Fire is a nice bone to throw people who didn't export Lego RB. But I did, so I don't think I'll be getting a second version. I'll grab a few of these, but not the whole thing. Psyched for Electric Ladyland though, that's my favorite of his albums.
  • bobsnob789bobsnob789 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I glad we only got two live songs, even though the live songs are awesome. And Fire at Woodstock is the same version Guitar Hero got. The drums are insane.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Headcase;4072794 said:
    The charts in Axis really really impressed me, so I can't resist getting this album.
    I am the complete opposite. I totally was disappointed with the guitar charts on Axis. They were extremely frustrating to play and hurt like hell. Regardless, I love the album and will definitely be picking up Are You Experienced as well.

The live tracks are gonna kick so much butt they'll make people wonder why they were even worried a bit about the fact that they're live.
  • pelemerenguepelemerengue Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    yaniv297;4072617 said:
    BTW I don't think this should count as a full album... with live versions, a track missing and a tracklist that hardly resembles either version of the albums.
    My sentiments exactly.

I can't tell you how bummed out I am that "I Don't Live Today" isn't going to be included. It's been on my DLC wishlist for the longest time... it seems like it would be hell of a lot of fun to play on drums. Maybe it'll be released sometime later, but I actually feel like holding off on buying the album now. I was really looking forward to that song. :\
  • DwightKShruteDwightKShrute Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    [ATTACH]7493[/ATTACH]

That was my initial reaction. I can't wait to get me some Jimi. Yeah!
    205 x 205 - 5K
    ds2.jpeg 5.4K
  • KBeatle96KBeatle96 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    My initial reaction has changed quite a bit. The way they advertised this was very misleading. They said we would be getting a full album. I'm glad that we're getting most of this, but I was really excited for Remember, Red House, I Don't live Today, and especially 51st Anniversary. This disappoints me a little bit. Were the masters unusable for these tracks or something? Anyway, on a happier note, I can't wait to pick this up!
  • foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    To bad I don't live today wasn't included, im sure they could have found a live version of it, but I am happy that we get Stone Free and Highway Chile which were not on the original album, Thx again HMX for killing my MSP, between Hendrix, D Bros, Marley, MCR and Anthrax in a month, I'm running very low on points, and we haven't even seen what awesome RB3 debut DLC there will be.
This discussion has been closed.