Howard Cosell didn't want to announce John's death :(

Ulti-ManUlti-Man Unsigned
edited October 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkLO6GZterk

Just searching the John videos since his birthday is tomorrow and found this. Sad...

Comments

• Ulti-ManUlti-Man Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    That didn't really have anything to do with this. This was a big moment in history, and a lot of people discovered the news by watching Monday Night Football from Howard Cosell, and he didn't even want to announce the news. :(
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    This one is a little better quality and without the extra commentary.
  • Ulti-ManUlti-Man Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    thjimmy;4082894 said:
    This one is a little better quality and without the extra commentary.
    I don't think you know what the video I linked was. It's Howard and Frank going back on forth on the subject on whether or not Howard should announce John's death, and Howard did not want to. It was not aired on TV or during the game, and is not the actual announcement, in case you didn't actually watch the video in the OP.
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Ulti-Man;4082987 said:
    I don't think you know what the video I linked was. It's Howard and Frank going back on forth on the subject on whether or not Howard should announce John's death, and Howard did not want to. It was not aired on TV or during the game, and is not the actual announcement, in case you didn't actually watch the video in the OP.
    I watched the OP vid and thought it was the discussion leading up to him making the announcement. I didn't realize it wasn't aired on tv. Thanks for the clarification.