Let's Talk About All of the Features in RB3 We're Not Supposed to Know!!

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited October 2010 in Rock Band
Or, not!

Seriously, the mods are totally slacking, or HMX has given up. Something. It friggen sucks. I feel like there to engage in conversation here, you have to have played through the entire game.

I was kinda hoping, for this last week and a half, I could anticipate the game with a bunch of other people who are also anticipating the game. Not with a bunch of people who are 2 weeks ahead of me.

People who have the game are talking about it.
People who don't have the game are talking about what the people who have it are talking about
People who don't know what the people who have it are talking about are asking about what they're talking about.

Not only is this dampening my future experience on the 26th, but it's making these two weeks' experience significantly less fun, which is how I imagined it.

Comments

• BHchurchilBHchurchil Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    84th song is Alex Chilton pt. II
  • edited October 2010
    All you can do is report post you think are violating the be cool policy and hang tough man.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    wait... soo people are talking about something that they´re not suppose to talk about when they talk about something that they shouldn´t be talking about because they dont want you to know what they are talking about... sorry, i lost it.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Even if you're right, that's one plus two plus two plus one, not one plus TWO plus one plus one.
  • LonnieCLonnieC Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Or...just don't come to the forum for a couple weeks. You can still count on other gaming sites to report any news that releases regarding RB3. Not being a dick, just saying since you aren't going to stop the others from talking about it, your best bet is to just keep far from 'em.
  • Unreal DudeUnreal Dude Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    This seems like an annotated version of my rant in the other thread.

I approve.
  • AlsoniaAlsonia Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    What is keeping me interested? Starcraft 2 is one major thing and RB2... I mean it's the same fundamental game.
  • JPSChampagneJPSChampagne Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    BHchurchil;4089658 said:
    84th song is Alex Chilton pt. II
    I wish.
  • C-Pr0mptC-Pr0mpt Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I think a lot of people that are getting worked up over this subject are just jealous they don't have the game. I mean seriously, what are the people that have it really spoiling? It's basically the same game, + different songs, a better organizer, and pro mode. All of which we know about. You'll have the game soon enough. Just go play some Hendrix like me, and get over it.

5 minutes ago you guys flipped out on that guy in the other thread for talking about a "feature" that does absolutely nothing. The leaks may be getting out of control, though so are the people that are whining about it.
  • illgreenillgreen Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Rockox;4089685 said:
    Even if you're right, that's one plus two plus two plus one, not one plus TWO plus one plus one.
    Awwwwwwesome!
  • PopCornHopperPopCornHopper Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    C-Pr0mpt;4089733 said:
    I think a lot of people that are getting worked up over this subject are just jealous they don't have the game. I mean seriously, what are the people that have it really spoiling? It's basically the same game, + different songs, a better organizer, and pro mode. All of which we know about. You'll have the game soon enough. Just go play some Hendrix like me, and get over it.
    You just totally ruined RB3 for me, while I was in my happy place.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    atalkingfish;4089648 said:
    Or, not!

Seriously, the mods are totally slacking, or HMX has given up. Something. It friggen sucks. I feel like there to engage in conversation here, you have to have played through the entire game.

I was kinda hoping, for this last week and a half, I could anticipate the game with a bunch of other people who are also anticipating the game. Not with a bunch of people who are 2 weeks ahead of me.

People who have the game are talking about it.
    People who don't have the game are talking about what the people who have it are talking about
    People who don't know what the people who have it are talking about are asking about what they're talking about.

Not only is this dampening my future experience on the 26th, but it's making these two weeks' experience significantly less fun, which is how I imagined it.
    I have exactly a week to distract myself.

Then I leave for Vegas, come home, go to sleep, and wake up to drive to Gamestop and pick up RB3.

So, it's only a week.
  • raver1raver1 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Not being rude but how many rant posts are you going to put up quit sweating the small stuff just try other outlets to pass some time i mean before you know it the 26th will be here and you'll be playing RB3
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    The only small stuff to sweat is that Awesomeness Detection will be gone... FOR GOOD!
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Hey did everyone hear? RB3 got a patch that did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Back to you in the studio, Trent.
  • aGrayHouseaGrayHouse Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    wow, a Clue reference, that's pretty sweet Rockox
  • rockguy1314rockguy1314 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    the 84th song is visions: malika's return
  • edited October 2010
    This is the case example why companies are so protective of the flow of information and manage their products through street dates. So next time you blast a PR department for holding their cards close to the chest, harken back to this month.

Both of these controls are gone, and have left the community in a lurch. And there is nothing the developers can say or do to compete with a kid in his basement blasting the whole product out on ustream 8 hours a day. They have lost control of the message... that RB3 is this amazing fun game with all sorts of cool new stuff. Instead the message getting out is based on blurry screencaps with minimal explanation.

The number of contradictory, half-truth, misinformed, or ill-conceived forum posts this has generated is immense, and it doesn't do any "favors" as the authors of these streams purport. All it does it generate confusion, anger, resentment, jealousy, and so on. (And the mods are trying to clean this up as best they can... it's not perfect by any means.)

Personally, I hope the online dealers which have sparked this debacle are all taken to the cleaners for this mess because they have not done anyone any favors. I hope a few low margin sales was worth all of this.

In the meantime, we're all toughing it out as best we can for the next two weeks. There is no easy way through, and I understand the desire to get questions answers and holes filled in. I simply ask that some restraint is shown. This is twofold in deference to the developers who slaved over this project and the forum fans who want to visit here without seeing every detail spoiled prematurely.
  • illgreenillgreen Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    C'mon Apples! It's time to reminisce the weeks before RB2 and TB:RB.
    Deja Vu!
  • edited October 2010
    illgreen;4089968 said:
    C'mon Apples! It's time to reminisce the weeks before RB2 and TB:RB.
    Deja Vu!
    Those were way better because they were not leaked several weeks ahead of time. In both cases it was just a few days.

It makes a difference, because the extra time allows for more and more details to be spilled out. We're almost at the point now that you can search out any instrument or song and find a bootleg copy.
  • GrimCrackerzGrimCrackerz Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    This thread for president.
  • Captain_CoolCaptain_Cool Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Oddbrother;4089817 said:
    The only small stuff to sweat is that Awesomeness Detection will be gone... FOR GOOD!
    No its still there, and yes, it still does nothing.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;4089678 said:
    wait... soo people are talking about something that they´re not suppose to talk about when they talk about something that they shouldn´t be talking about because they dont want you to know what they are talking about... sorry, i lost it.
    Let's Give Them Something to Talk About.
    Let's Talk about Sex.
    I'll Talk to You Later.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2010
    lvmathemagician;4089992 said:
    Let's Give Them Something to Talk About.
    Let's Talk about Sex.
    I'll Talk to You Later.
    Keep Talking.
  • painliesbeneathpainliesbeneath Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Not coming to the forums is a good idea for you.
    Wait until the game is released...I'm pretty sure you can wait to read what's in the forums until then.

Coming back to the forums just makes you anticipate more and well, people will keep posting their concerns because they don't have the game...thus revealing spoilers.

I'm sure you don't get angry when they post things about upcoming , rumored songs...
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I thing the thing I'm upset about is that we are 2 weeks away from the game releasing but yet their are is so much left to be desired.

We don't know what songs from RB2 are importing, I can't remember the specifics but I'm pretty sure it was farther out than 2 weeks.

We don't know about the stage kit now all the sudden. I understand that not everything will follow but why if it's based off the lighting code of the song should that have anything to do with new codes to allow for keys/harmonies/pro mode.

I am really excited about this game, the recent DLC & future DLC. It's not the people's fault for leaking the game early. They are just trying to inform us on what we don't already know. I do think that those people should be objectve about it and just give us facts, NOT opinions on the game.

In the end, just like every other time, until HMX confirms it, it didn't happen!
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Monocles confirmed for characters from several videos posted.

I am happy.
  • JPSChampagneJPSChampagne Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I don't think there's any details that people who got the game early could leak to ruin any of my anticipation. Like was mentioned earlier, questions about RB2 imports, missing songs from RB1, missing DLC, the stage kit, the stand-in situation, and a whole host of other things are on my mind and can really only be answered when launch day rolls around. I can watch every note chart for every song in the game and it's not going to make me want to play it any less. I can hear everything about every menu and I'll still want to play around with them.

Knowing about a game doesn't ruin it for me. Rock Band doesn't have a plot to spoil. It's about playing those songs with your friends. No amount of leaks or information can replace that.
  • MaRkiSHMaRkiSH Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    JPSChampagne;4090122 said:
    I don't think there's any details that people who got the game early could leak to ruin any of my anticipation. Like was mentioned earlier, questions about RB2 imports, missing songs from RB1, missing DLC, the stage kit, the stand-in situation, and a whole host of other things are on my mind and can really only be answered when launch day rolls around. I can watch every note chart for every song in the game and it's not going to make me want to play it any less. I can hear everything about every menu and I'll still want to play around with them.

Knowing about a game doesn't ruin it for me. Rock Band doesn't have a plot to spoil. It's about playing those songs with your friends. No amount of leaks or information can replace that.
    That was beautiful man.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited October 2010
    I was hoping I'd see more information on the Free Bacon Ice Cream the game dispenses on your thirtieth Pro Gold Star, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.