RBN 1.0 Songs With Pro Drums

Comments

  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Added!

    Come on people, the game is out officially! Help me expand this list!
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I'm starting to wonder if the focus of this list should be changed to "RBN songs WITHOUT Pro Drums." Reason being that now that RB3 is out and we've had the option to chart Pro Drums for quite a while now, most songs from this point forward would be Pro-enabled and this list would grow insanely huge. Meanwhile, not many non-Pro Drum songs are being released lately and the list will have to cap at some point, making it easier for people to see what doesn't have Pro enabled.

    This is just one man's opinion though...as for updating the current list, you're doing a damn good job. :)
  • SmellMyFingerSmellMyFinger Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Alot of my songs have been charted on pro drums, however, the charters have used the wrong code(or lack thereof) to distinguish toms from cymbals. It really sucks to enjoy playing a song, and then when a tom or roll comes up, I'm supposed to hit a cymbal. Two songs I know that have this issue are Bodies by Drowning Pool and Laceration by Mile Marker Zero. I bet there are many more like these as well.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    LuigiHann;4113676 said:
    Is that triangle charted as a cymbal? If so I could just detach it from the drum kit and have somebody else hit it like a cowbell
    Yes it is, and that's a hilarious strategy! Might make the song actually passable. ;)
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    SmellMyFinger;4125835 said:
    Alot of my songs have been charted on pro drums, however, the charters have used the wrong code(or lack thereof) to distinguish toms from cymbals. It really sucks to enjoy playing a song, and then when a tom or roll comes up, I'm supposed to hit a cymbal. Two songs I know that have this issue are Bodies by Drowning Pool and Laceration by Mile Marker Zero. I bet there are many more like these as well.
    Those songs actually don't have pro drums at all, they weren't mischarted. Since pro drums are charted just by marking where toms hits appear, the game doesn't have a way to distinguish between a song with no toms and a song that doesn't have pro mode charted. So it will let you play a song with no Pro Drums chart, but every single non-red hit (or non-yellow hit for a disco flip) will be a cymbal. (This is why there are a couple of early songs like Paper Valentines that were not charted for pro drums but actually have an accurate chart anyway because the song contains no toms)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I'll get to plowing through my songs Friday, when I can get my cymbals and drums in the same household. :p
  • SmellMyFingerSmellMyFinger Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Quazifuji;4126432 said:
    Those songs actually don't have pro drums at all, they weren't mischarted. Since pro drums are charted just by marking where toms hits appear, the game doesn't have a way to distinguish between a song with no toms and a song that doesn't have pro mode charted. So it will let you play a song with no Pro Drums chart, but every single non-red hit (or non-yellow hit for a disco flip) will be a cymbal. (This is why there are a couple of early songs like Paper Valentines that were not charted for pro drums but actually have an accurate chart anyway because the song contains no toms)

    That makes alot of sense. Thanks for the information. Now I wish there was a way to tell which songs in the game are actually charted for pro mode. I'm not a fan of coming to the forums to see this.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    SmellMyFinger;4126642 said:
    That makes alot of sense. Thanks for the information. Now I wish there was a way to tell which songs in the game are actually charted for pro mode. I'm not a fan of coming to the forums to see this.
    It's the only way. :(

    Here's hoping Fate of the Maiden by Amberian Dawn has pro drums because I bought it sight unseen.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Aww, jeez. >_< I just checked and Runaway has two tom hits not marked. Sorry.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    What's the artist on Runaway? I'll still put it on the list. Hell, Bat Country, which is official DLC, has two cymbal hits charted as toms.

    I obviously won't maintain this list forever, especially with the advent of RBN 2.0, but I'll maintain it for the next few months.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    NoThru22;4128447 said:
    What's the artist on Runaway? I'll still put it on the list. Hell, Bat Country, which is official DLC, has two cymbal hits charted as toms.

    I obviously won't maintain this list forever, especially with the advent of RBN 2.0, but I'll maintain it for the next few months.

    Artist is Lyrics for Monday.
  • drudindrudin Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Music Game Studio
    Pro drums charted:

    Grammatrain - The Last Sound
    Slim Cessna - Americadio
    New Rising Son - Rain
    New Rising Son - Holy Ground
    Dash Rip Rock - Johnny Ace 2010
    Andy Timmons - Headed For The Ditch
    Andy Timmons - Deliver Us
    The Shazam - On the Airwaves
    The Shazam - So Awesome
    No Justice - Love Song
    Moses Tucker - Damn Good Man
    Sideburn - Cherry Red
    Ludicra - Veils

    And I think The Wargasm - Jigsaw Man was charted pro as well, but can't confirm right now.

    Thanks NoThru!!
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Ooo I bought one or both of the Shazam songs! Awesome!
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Random note: I don't know who authored it and I'm at work so I can't check, but I was ecstatic to discover last night that Ring Capacity by Kirby Krackle had pro drums authored (especially down near the end of the song where they're REALLY obvious).
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    You can see the author on the music page: http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5003845

    Thanks!
  • drudindrudin Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Um, looking through our files I think that Deliver Us does NOT have pro drums charted. Could you pull that from our list?

    If I find others I'll let you know. Might have a careful look this weekend.

    thanks!!

    dan
  • Die-Guitar-HeroDie-Guitar-Hero Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    For what it's worth, RBN authors, this list is basically my holy grail for future RBN purchases. Basic drums= just not as fun.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Die-Guitar-Hero;4130868 said:
    For what it's worth, RBN authors, this list is basically my holy grail for future RBN purchases. Basic drums= just not as fun.
    The good news is that it looks like just about every author has been charting pro drums since they could, so we probably don't have to worry about too many non-pro songs coming out in the future. There are a few authors that aren't on this list yet that we should check (has anyone played a recent song by Noble Rhythm Ozone, or Wavegroup?).
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    madcapmatt;4131169 said:
    Minnesota By Voodoo Pharmacology... [has] pro drums charted.

    ....the hell? That was the first song we ever did, no way does it have correct pro drums. And I know the part has toms.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4131851 said:
    ....the hell? That was the first song we ever did, no way does it have correct pro drums. And I know the part has toms.
    Yeah sorry for my miss information I figured any song with cymbals had pro charting to it. I didn't realize that ALL no pro charts are all cymbals. Seems kind of odd that its not the other way around.
  • R00ts1nStere0R00ts1nStere0 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Bullet with a Name has pro drums charted.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Fate of the Maiden has pro drums! I wasn't able to make a video, though. Maybe Saturday. I will update this list tomorrow.

    Gwar - Let Us Slay does not. Boo!
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Thank goodness for this list. I'm going to be relying on it quite a bit over the next few weeks. I posted a link to this thread in my Drum Charts' Thread v3.0
  • flashburn2012flashburn2012 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    It's kind of useless only mentioning the songs that have pro-drums, since the list isn't complete.

    I just wanted to mention that Gwar - Let Us Slay, DOES NOT have pro drums. RhythmAuthors are fail.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    flashburn2012;4134294 said:
    It's kind of useless only mentioning the songs that have pro-drums, since the list isn't complete.

    I just wanted to mention that Gwar - Let Us Slay, DOES NOT have pro drums. RhythmAuthors are fail.
    Thanks for coming in, calling the thread useless, and then posting info from two posts ago! You are welcome to start a thread of songs without pro drums, but you better 100% right or I'll be on your butt! :D

    How is it useless? These are tracks that people can buy and feel confident will work with pro drums (or to try in pro drums if they already have them.) It's a lot more work to verify what songs DON'T have them.
  • SmellMyFingerSmellMyFinger Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I really wish that I could tell which songs in RB3 have the drums and don't. So far the only way to do it is trial and error.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    SmellMyFinger;4134477 said:
    So far the only way to do it is trial and error.

    Or you could just look at the list provided by the OP, who's done a lot of the work for you. How about that? Nice, right?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    jawillroy;4134512 said:
    Or you could just look at the list provided by the OP, who's done a lot of the work for you. How about that? Nice, right?
    To be fair, I wish it was easier to look it up too. :D
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited October 2010
    Is the megamix charted with Pro Drums?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    LuigiHann;4134734 said:
    Is the megamix charted with Pro Drums?
    Not likely.
Sign In or Register to comment.