European notes notation in RB3?

UttersITUttersIT Unsigned
edited October 2010 in Rock Band
Hi harmonix just want to know if in RB3 is possibile to switch to european notes notation (do re mi fa sol la si) instead in british notation (C, D, E F G ...)

thanks.

Comments

• LnTrEiSLnTrEiS Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Haven't heard anything about it, but the notes are only used for chords anyway, which you see often see written in the C D E F G A B notation even in Europe. For guitar that is anyway...
  • raver1raver1 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Wait until the 26th for your answer
  • dark_archondark_archon Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    UttersIT;4109741 said:
    Hi harmonix just want to know if in RB3 is possibile to switch to european notes notation (do re mi fa sol la si) instead in british notation (C, D, E F G ...)

thanks.
    I think you are mistaken?
    The Chord notation's always been marked with capital letters. They're called "Chord Symbols"
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Chord_chart.png

Yes, to the best of my knowledge, there is a difference in notation, but not between Britain and Europe, but between Europe and the US. The US "B" chord is called the "H" chord in Europe.

The "do re mi fa sol la si do" are actually the note names. There is a huge difference between the two - if you ask somebody to play a "do" note and a "C", they'd play it differently.

...Unless I'm missing something basic in my music education?
    Not heard anyone asking me to play a "mi minor" chord anyway ;)
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    dark_archon;4110236 said:

...Unless I'm missing something basic in my music education?
    Not heard anyone asking me to play a "mi minor" chord anyway ;)
    Well, that's because nobody actually asked you to, but they could. They could also ask you for an "accordo di FA diesis minore" or an "accordo di RE bemolle" or something else. I can't see why the notation of chords should be different from note notation: a DO is a DO, and a C major chord is an "accordo di DO maggiore" (I'm obviously writing in Italian, just to clarify...). Also, this was discussed in another thread a few weeks ago.
  • UttersITUttersIT Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I just want to know if keyboard in the game use do re mi fa sol la si instead of C D E ... , I have done 2 years of piano and I'm familiar with classic note notation, please make a settings to switch between different notations style.
    In 2 days the game is out on the streets here in Italy and probably I will but the keytar bundle if is possibile to use classic note notation.
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Dear OP
    Solmisation is only common in countrys with roman language. Here in germany everyone learns notes named as C,D,E,F,G and so on. The only difference to US notation is B,which turns into an H here. And I'd find a DO instead of a C pretty hard to read...

All Guitar Songbooks I have bought use CDEFGAHC...... None of them uses Solmisation (do re mi fa...)
  • Redon26Redon26 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Agree with Karaokefreak, The CDEFGA(B/H) is not an american thing, its completely usual also for example in germany, switzerland and The netherlands from my experience, and id imagine its used in lots of other countries too, since ive never even heard of your notation, which is why i thought its a bad Joke at first. TBH i think Youre better off learning It 'the proper way' anyway (Same with the H in german notation, ive learned it that way but im just consequently using the B now because the H is like a bad habit to me which doesnt make sense anyway)
    PS: never get an iPad, this auto "correction" is THE most annoying crapuul (<- yes thats how bad) ive ever dealt with
  • dark_archondark_archon Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Redon26;4121124 said:

PS: never get an iPad, this auto "correction" is THE most annoying crapuul (<- yes thats how bad) ive ever dealt with</div>

You know you can turn that off, right?