RBN songs being added to XBox Live Marketplace

OSweetMrMathOSweetMrMath Road Warrior
edited October 2010 in The Rock Band Network
RBN songs are being added to the XBox Live Marketplace as add-ons for Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3. At the moment, only a random selection of songs is available, but the number of songs seems to grow every time I take another look. Both the full versions and the trial versions of songs are included.

This should make it easier to find songs for download online. This also means that it will be possible to directly compare sales of RBN songs to regular DLC in a way that hasn't been possible before. I've compiled a list of songs currently listed with their sales ranks as RB2 Add-ons. For comparison purposes, I've also added the number of scores recorded for each song on the Xbox from rockbandscores.com. It should be clear that there can be significant differences between the song rankings on rockbandscores and the song rankings on the XBox Marketplace.

The rankings will change as more songs are added, and in fact more songs were being added as I compiled this list, so these rankings are already out of date. Also, there are some songs listed on the XBox Marketplace which are not listed on rockbandscores.com, including some test songs from HMX.

Song - Band - XBox Marketplace Ranking - XBox Scores on rockbandscores.com
Push Push (Lady Lightning) - Bang Camaro - 487 - 11134
Hard To See - Five Finger Death Punch - 641 - 5341
Trippolette - Andrew Buch - 700 - 3580
Collapsing - Demon Hunter - 739 - 3781
Elements - Texas in July - 770 - 3747
Stand for Something - Skindred - 859 - 2695
You All Everybody - Drive Shaft - 861 - 2154
A Drug Against War - KMFDM - 862 - 1613
Swallow the Razor - Bang Camaro - 907 - 2228
Bang Camaro - Bang Camaro - 912 - 2057
Walls - All Time Low - 994 - 1252
Nightlife Commando - Bang Camaro - 1014 - 1430
Valkyries - Amberian Dawn - 1016 - 1461
The World is a Thorn - Demon Hunter - 1042 - 1033
The Heist - DnA's Evolution - 1043 - 1135
Incubus - Amberian Dawn - 1054 - 1177
Do Not Disturb (Tell Me How Bad) - Let's Get It - 1070 - 1073
Chelsea - The Summer Set - 1080 - 1109
Energy - the Apples in Stereo - 1106 - 765
Leaderless and Self Enlisted - Norma Jean - 1117 - 765
Deathbed Atheist - Norma Jean - 1123 - 658
Fade Away - Of Last Resort - 1143 - 536
Where Were You? - Every Avenue - 1145 - 616
Lionheart - Amberian Dawn - 1152 - 649
America Underwater - LoveHateHero - 1153 - 637
Wake Up - Suicide Silence - 1181 - 360
Evil Inside Me - Amberian Dawn - 1192 - 474
Lemon Juice - Scratching The Itch - 1204 - 272
Living in a Whirlwind - Warbringer - 1212 - 345
Teeth, Face, Outerspace - The Main Drag - 1224 - 294
Stay Up With Me - After the Fall - 1225 - 312
Taking Apart a Gigantic Machine - The Main Drag - 1229 - 348
Being Here - The Stills - 1235 - 487
Red Sky At Morn - Full-Source - 1238 - 186
Perfect World - Moving Picture Show - 1245 - 249
Tadpole Search and Rescue - Chaunce DeLeon and The Fountain of Choof - 1251 - 232
Dead Wrong - Cancer Bats - 1254 - 363
Engine - Wargasm - 1255 - 223
Steppin' Lightly - Gov't Mule - 1257 - 230
Black Cloud - Scott Gehrett - 1258 - 247
I'm Amazed - My Morning Jacket - 1259 - 233
Jigsaw Man - Wargasm - 1270 - 183
Painted - Zoo Seven - 1276 - 164
Gave It Up - Pollyn - 1279 - 142
Money Honey - State of Shock - 1282 - 245
By Yourself - The Knew - 1285 - 142
End Quote - Full-Source - 1286 - 107
No Mercy - Tijuana Sweetheart - 1290 - 154
Daughter - The Reverend H Chronicles - 1293 - 112
Smile (Live) - The Gufs - 1295 - 125
BBQ Nation - Graveyard BBQ - 1297 - 136
Tora Tora Tora - Pretty & Nice - 1301 - 99
Buy You a House - Noah Engh The Kid Fantastic - 1302 - 119
Daisy - Fang Island - 1304 - 85
All Eyes on Me - The Carsitters - 1306 - 141
Burn Her Out - Shokkher - 1309 - 132
Strut - The Elms - 1311 - 126
Mr. Sun - CJ - 1312 - 98
Picture Perfect - The Fury - 1315 - 114
Desperate Days - Jenium - 1318 - 109
No One in the World - The Apples in Stereo - 1322 - 78
Crazy X - Charlie Drown - 1323 - 80
Let Me Down - Drivin' N' Cryin' - 1324 - 90
Satellite (Live) - a t o m - 1326 - 81
Heavy Plastic - Alien Downlink - 1327 - 82
Shiver - Amy Courts - 1328 - 74
High Class Trailer Trash - Shelly Rastin feat. Randy Bachman - 1332 - 69
Travelin' Freak Show - Joe Bouchard - 1334 - Not Listed
Electricity is in My Soul - Steam Powered Giraffe - 1337 - 55
Pedal Down - Assembly of Dust - 1339 - 45
Dying Wish of a Living Man - Yesternight's Decision - 1344 - 55
Divine - XTT - 1345 - 38
Spring - Your Heart - 1346 - 43
Cherry Red - Sideburn - 1347 - 46
Philip K. Ridiculous - Hugh Cornwell - 1364 - 12
P.W.M.O. - Shylo Elliott - 1366 -4
Spanish Song 2 - hmxcvre1 - 1367 - Not Listed
HMX Test - Please Ignore (In French) - 1368 - Not Listed
HMX Test - Please Ignore (In Italian) - 1369 - Not Listed
HMX Test - Please Ignore (In Spanish) - 1370 - Not Listed

Comments

• CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    This is good news. It's weird having to sift through demo versions and full versions on the game marketplace though. Anyways, I figure this should have a positive effect on RBN sales since they would be right there in plain sight for all to see. I could see this catching the interest of people who've long since left RB and have been living under a rock for the past few years.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Can anyone check if all the RBN songs show up in the new releases section of the dashboard? If they do, I feel sorry for the people looking for non-Rock Band new content.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I take it it's still impossible to download any of the songs from yesterday, though. Right?
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    DragoonXD;4112773 said:
    Can anyone check if all the RBN songs show up in the new releases section of the dashboard? If they do, I feel sorry for the people looking for non-Rock Band new content.
    They do indeed show up there. That's where I first found them. I also pity the non-RB people.
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    PowerGamer990;4112804 said:
    I take it it's still impossible to download any of the songs from yesterday, though. Right?
    I haven't seen those yet. I hope they come around soon :(
  • OSweetMrMathOSweetMrMath Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    As far as I can see, all of the newest RBN songs can be downloaded directly in RB2. I haven't tried downloading them, but I can browse for them by song or band. I dunno why XBox Live is giving bad links, but I figure it's either because of the site redesign or because they're adding all the songs under RB2 or both.
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    OSweetMrMath;4114076 said:
    As far as I can see, all of the newest RBN songs can be downloaded directly in RB2.
    While they do indeed appear in the RBN Store, there's not much of anything you can do with them. I can't speak for Gabrielle, but I just checked out Dark Horse. The album art and preview fail to load, and it's listed as 0 MSP. I tried downloading the demo for it, at least; no dice. The tiers and genre show up, but that's it. Bummer.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Now the Xbox live marketplace needs some better sorting features. Or have a separate category for RB3 and RBN.
    edited October 2010
    Exayle;4114088 said:
    While they do indeed appear in the RBN Store, there's not much of anything you can do with them.
    And once again it's demonstrated that I shouldn't try to fix a problem until I actually understand it. My impression was that people who were having problems with the new songs were all trying to download them from xbox.com or the Dashboard. Now that I've actually tried to download the demo for Gabrielle from within RB2, I see that doesn't work either.

Hopefully HMX and/or MS will fix it on Monday.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited October 2010
    Wait, the rank listed there. Is that on the overall DLC chart?
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I'm really thinking this is temporary. They aren't going to want RBN cluttering up things when other games have DLC that disappears beneath piles of RBN songs.

If you'll notice, arcade demos are listed under game demos now as well which is probably going to get fixed at some point.
    edited October 2010
    kingtonyx;4115570 said:
    Wait, the rank listed there. Is that on the overall DLC chart?
    Yes, the rank is pulled from the XBox Live Rock Band 2 Add-ons, sorted by Best Selling. That includes all RB DLC, and some RBN songs, listing the Full and Trial versions separately. It appears that the trial versions all come at the end when sorting by sales, so they can be ignored.

You can still get accurate ranks for the HMX DLC by looking at the RB1 add-ons. You can also compare sales of Beatles DLC to regular RB DLC by looking at the Rock Band Music Store add-ons. The Rock Band Music Store excludes RBN DLC.

The RB3 add-ons includes the RBN, but is missing most of last week's HMX DLC. I assume this is an oversight and will be fixed.

Finally, when I compiled the list in the OP, there were only about 75 songs listed, At this moment there are about 235. I'm planning on compiling a new list when all 662 (according to the in game store) songs have been added, with comparisons to the rockbandscores.com numbers. I'm better at planning this sort of thing than actually doing it, so no promises. As songs are added, the rankings are changing, of course.
    edited October 2010
    I will probably switch the basis for the "Top RBN Downloads" chart if this is going to include all of them. At least the overall chart. The weekly charts will still have to come via RBS.
    edited October 2010
    I've been spending way too much time looking at the rankings as songs have been added, and I've been very surprised by how different the order is on XBox Live than on rockbandscores.com. I was also surprised to find three or four songs which are on XBox Live which don't appear on rockbandscores at all.
    edited October 2010
    OSweetMrMath;4116686 said:
    I've been spending way too much time looking at the rankings as songs have been added, and I've been very surprised by how different the order is on XBox Live than on rockbandscores.com. I was also surprised to find three or four songs which are on XBox Live which don't appear on rockbandscores at all.
    I'm assuming you are referring to "Ride the Stache", "Let Us Slay", "Tantrums of a Giant", etc? They aren't on rockbandscores yet because they are not in the in-game store, and the site doesn't update as soon as songs are approved.
    edited October 2010
    DragoonXD;4116743 said:
    I'm assuming you are referring to "Ride the Stache", "Let Us Slay", "Tantrums of a Giant", etc? They aren't on rockbandscores yet because they are not in the in-game store, and the site doesn't update as soon as songs are approved.
    Well, those are obvious. Other missing songs are "Travelin' Freak Show" by Joe Bouchard, released 6/15, and "Believing" by Bang on a Can All-Stars / Julia Wolfe, released on 6/27. I think there's at least one more like this, but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

Then there are the HMX Test songs. I'm guessing we're not supposed to see those.
    edited October 2010
    I know "Believing" doesn't have a page in the music section here, if that has anything to do with anything. No idea why "Travelin' Freak Show" doesn't show up. Just checked cause I know I've played it, and it is indeed not on rockbandscores.
    edited October 2010
    I think both songs are missing from the leaderboard API, which explains why they're not on RockBandScores. As for why they're missing from the leaderboards, you'd have to ask HMX.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Can the test songs actually be downloaded? Have any songs that never made the storefront been put up as well (Footloose and Fancy Free, Revengers, Tunnels of Vision, etc), and if so, are those downloadable?

It seems these sorts of songs were disabled for downloads at some point, so I'd be curious if this puts them back up (even if only temporarily).
    edited October 2010
    "We Are The One" and "Tree Village" also do not appear in the Xbox 360 scores on RBS :/

Is "We Are The One" on this list?
    edited October 2010
    I bought "Tunnels of Vision" the day it came out. No idea if it's still purchasable. "Footloose and Fancy Free" no longer works. "Revengers" looks like it still works, but I'm not going to be the one to test it. "Atomic" and "Bohemian Like You" still work.

Oops, no, none are on the dashboard.
    edited October 2010
    Xenigma;4116937 said:
    Can the test songs actually be downloaded? Have any songs that never made the storefront been put up as well (Footloose and Fancy Free, Revengers, Tunnels of Vision, etc), and if so, are those downloadable?
    I haven't tried downloading the test songs. They all have free trial versions, so it wouldn't hurt to try. I haven't seen Footloose and Fancy Free, Revengers, Tunnels of Vision, or similar songs show up. It's not impossible that they will appear, but I don't think it's likely.
    edited October 2010
    kingtonyx;4116941 said:
    "We Are The One" and "Tree Village" also do not appear in the Xbox 360 scores on RBS :/

Is "We Are The One" on this list?
    I haven't seen We Are The One or Tree Village yet, but keep in mind that songs are being added slowly (it seems to be around 10 an hour) and only about a third of the songs have been added so far. Anyway, I've provided lots of links. If there's a particular song you're interested in, it's probably faster to search for it yourself. All RBN song titles start with "Full Song -" or "Trial Song -", so they're easy to identify.
    edited October 2010
    One thing to mention is that these numbers are much better than I had expected them to be. I always thought RBN songs weren't really hanging with the regular DLC but it seems that they are :)
    edited October 2010
    It appears as if these newly added songs' URLs are a different format from the links generated by error420. Meaning I can't tamper with them to find other songs. :(
  • The_OreoThe_Oreo Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Wait, does this mean countries outside the US can now download RBN songs..? Because that would be amazing, especially with Converge just coming out. Xbox.com isn't loading for me so I can't check myself...
    edited October 2010
    The_Oreo;4117148 said:
    Wait, does this mean countries outside the US can now download RBN songs..? Because that would be amazing, especially with Converge just coming out. Xbox.com isn't loading for me so I can't check myself...
    I keep meaning to say that this is all on the US version of xbox.com. I assume things are different in different countries. Although now that you mention it, I'm curious about differences in sales figures in different countries. It would be cool if someone in Europe or Australia could pull together a best-seller list and compare it to the US version.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    It's really weird seeing Rock Band Network songs on the marketplace main page. Pretty cool, too, but it's pushing a lot of content off the new list. Also, the Indie Games are now showing up under demos, and I won't be able to see any retail demos there anymore!