Wii Lego Rockband into Rock Band 3?

gamerblue2gamerblue2 Unsigned
edited February 2012 in LEGO: Rock Band
I know on Wii you can import RB2 and Green Day now but can you import Lego and if so how? (would really like a Harmonix reply if possible)

Comments

• gamerblue2gamerblue2 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Nevermind i found the export list and Wii gets screwed again on this. Only RB2 and Greenday import into 3. Lego and RB1 get left behind...sigh
  • emotigrowemotigrow Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    gamerblue2;4122280 said:
    Nevermind i found the export list and Wii gets screwed again on this. Only RB2 and Greenday import into 3. Lego and RB1 get left behind...sigh

Wii Exporting Is Horrible. HMX Should Make A Wii Only Game To Make Up For Everything.
  • jokergt500jokergt500 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I wish wii owners weren't frowned upon because of our poor choice of console if i could put all of my rb gear and dlc onto a new console i would. harmonix quit forgetting us please.
  • MashleyMashley Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Homestly, the lack of export is the only thing keeping me from buying LRB
  • thatdrummerguythatdrummerguy Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Mashley;4270183 said:
    Homestly, the lack of export is the only thing keeping me from buying LRB

That is sad. Shame on you, HMX.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, it sucks that the wii version lacks so much stuff. Unfortunately, i have the wii version.
  • EuroMIX2EuroMIX2 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    I think that this is rather shameful, actually. Guitar Hero games get grilled to death for not fully exporting, but I can at least say that I can export everything a 360 and PS3 owner can. I'm actually surprised that we can't with Lego, especially since there is no obvious reason why if RB2 and GD can.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Rock Band 2 and Green Day export through a code that can be entered in Rock Band 3, and you can download the songs from there. The LEGO export process requires a special marketplace token, which the Wii shop doesn't support. It might be possible to export at some point down the road, but they can't essentially copypasta like they did for Rock Band 2 and Green Day.
  • This-KidThis-Kid Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4297682 said:
    Rock Band 2 and Green Day export through a code that can be entered in Rock Band 3, and you can download the songs from there. The LEGO export process requires a special marketplace token, which the Wii shop doesn't support. It might be possible to export at some point down the road, but they can't essentially copypasta like they did for Rock Band 2 and Green Day.
    Rock band 2 was exportable if it found a save file in the memory green day used the code
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited February 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4297682 said:
    The Wii Shop supports codes just fine, they participated in the Pepsi DLC thing and that's how you got the WiiSpeak Channel.

The problem is licensing. The Wii wasn't included in export licensing for those games. RB2 was being licensed while RB3 was nearing the end, so they could include it knowing they would support exporting. Same with Green Day.
  • 30stmfan30stmfan Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Either way wii users still feel screwed over when it comes to DLC
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Of course they do.

Somebody should probably notify the people in charge about that.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited February 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4298017 said:
    The Wii Shop supports codes just fine, they participated in the Pepsi DLC thing and that's how you got the WiiSpeak Channel.
    The Pepsi codes just gave out 200 Wii Points, which led a lot of people to abuse the system by winning four "songs", and buying a Virtual Console game with the points.
    edited February 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4298017 said:
    The problem is licensing. The Wii wasn't included in export licensing for those games. RB2 was being licensed while RB3 was nearing the end, so they could include it knowing they would support exporting. Same with Green Day.
    I was told that all of the music Harmonix licensed was licensed with the intention to export, hence why they were better than Activision?

What I don't get is: Guitar Hero World Tour exports on the Wii and that game was released in 2008 before ANY of the exports were even possible on the system. Activision and Neversoft did have to go back and re-licence what songs they could, but the capability was there.

I still don't get why it can't just export the same way that 2 does. I understand the lack of a code makes it vulnerable to abuse, but people still have to pay the equivalent of $10 (for less songs than Band Hero) so Harmonix still make money.

So we have a lot of great songs trapped in a mediocre game. Great. :/

Re:Codes

I believe this was what Activision did to provide the free Metallica export for US residents. Basically they ended up giving Wii owners a code for enough free Wii points to buy the export. Of course you always could just spend them on something else, but it worked at least.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I think the unfortunate key in this is when the re-licensings were done. With LRB there was no importing on the Wii RB2...so they probably only negotiated for the rights to export on the PS3 and 360. ditto with RB1. with every other game (both HMX and ACT) the re-licensing negotiations were done at a time and place where exports on the Wii were going to be possible so they were included. It is entirely conceivabe that to go back and re-license LRB just for the Wii would be cost prohibitive compared to the number of people who would likely take advantage of the export. Nintendo is waaaaay behind when it comes to pushing and even supporting any kind of DLC....even their own Virtual Console doesn't get a lot of attention...
    edited February 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4298269 said:
    The Pepsi codes just gave out 200 Wii Points, which led a lot of people to abuse the system by winning four "songs", and buying a Virtual Console game with the points.
    Yup. Codes for 200 Wii Points.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2011
    LRB on the Wii has several issues. No DLC support at all didn't help it (Likely due to some of the differences between Wii DLC and PS360 DLC files, which apparently is bigger than expected), and may have been part of why it also wasn't licensed to export, beyond the possibility that there was no timetable on when a game that would support the export would come out.

The Wii obviously now has some exportable support now, at least for payed export support, and I expect that to continue on HMX's part. Free stuff? Not so much, but that's Nintendo for you.
    edited February 2011
    Of course it would have helped if Harmonix had shown any of the intuition Vicarious Visions did and made DLC and then imports possible at an earlier time.

I've largely accepted now that Harmonix neither like nor wish to develop for the Wii. They do it more out of obligation than desire. What a shame: so many great songs I'd love to buy and such an unwieldy engine to play them on.
  • MashleyMashley Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    The most hilarious thing is that they release the country track pack with no export at all - not even a payed one. I find that quite ridiculous.
    edited February 2011
    Mashley;4300591 said:
    The most hilarious thing is that they release the country track pack with no export at all - not even a payed one. I find that quite ridiculous.
    Yeah, because this way, Wii owners will never get it in RB3. Oh wait. They can just buy the DLC. >_>
    edited February 2011
    ...when they release it, of course.
    edited February 2011
    Mashley;4300591 said:
    This doesn't bug me as much, since it's DLC that will eventually come out, so yes, there will be a paid export per sey.
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I wonder if we'll ever see the day HMX once predicted....that tracks from Lego/RB1/etc eventually get licensed as DLC as the original game discs disappear from retail....

For now, I think the best hope Wii rockers have for getting Lego tracks is if HMX tags more of those songs for RB3/Pro upgrade versions, a la Bon Jovi & Queen.
    edited February 2011
    jwebb1970;4301604 said:
    I wonder if we'll ever see the day HMX once predicted....that tracks from Lego/RB1/etc eventually get licensed as DLC as the original game discs disappear from retail....

For now, I think the best hope Wii rockers have for getting Lego tracks is if HMX tags more of those songs for RB3/Pro upgrade versions, a la Bon Jovi & Queen.

We're getting parts of that already with the RB3 versions of some songs. I think that's part of why they're doing that.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited March 2011
    So, yes or no everyone; will Wii owners ever see the day when we get to play RB1, Track Packs and Lego Rock Band songs in RB3?
    edited March 2011
    TheStuddz;4348363 said:
    So, yes or no everyone; will Wii owners ever see the day when we get to play RB1, Track Packs and Lego Rock Band songs in RB3?
    A resounding 'how would we know?' comes from the fanbase.
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Probably not. Those games were never meant to export and never will. Blame Nintendo for not putting a HDD in their console.
    edited March 2011
    Big-A2;4348748 said:
    Blame Nintendo for not putting a HDD in their console.
    What does that have to do with it? The Wii supports up to 32GB SD cards, and there's 360's out there with 20GB HDD's.
    edited March 2011
    Also, there is no real need for 'exporting'. If HMX could, they would be able to put up the songs for download in some appropriate manner. The roadblocks, however, are the same in any case. Previous licensing deals prevent this from happening at the moment and/or Nintendo doesn't like 'free' content.

Both RB1 and LRB songs will become available for the Wii as soon as HMX (and all relevant parties) can get everything sorted. However, this is unlikely to happen at this point.
    edited March 2011
    TheStuddz;4348363 said:
    Old track packs? Probably never. No incentive since the songs are (or eventually will be) DLC. Probably never for all track packs due to Nintendo's restrictions on "free" stuff.

Lego and RB1? Again, probably never, but this is more of an issue of licensing. I think we're more likely to see RB1 and Lego songs hit as DLC in a few years (assuming RB is still around) than anything else.