RB3 Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread (no song requests)

The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
edited October 2013 in Rock Band
In an effort to corral the incoming bombardment of threads, here is a thread where people can report any issues they've come across within the game as well as any suggestions for change. Please remember to be polite and informative in your criticism or problem reporting - it's much more effective than angry demands.

When posting information about a bug, glitch etc., try to include as much detail as possible - the more descriptive the easier an issue is to replicate.

Here are some suggestions for information to include:
System the game was played on.
Song(s) where the problem occurred.
Gameplay mode.
Other possible need-to-know/useful information.

Comments

• adamlathromadamlathrom Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    How bout we make this the one?

System: Xbox 360

The only problem with RB3 I have is after you get the Jet and then go to pick a song the engine noise is amazingly annoying. I have to mute my TV to pick a song (we like to have the TV up, like HMX says, turn it up to 11) :D

Other than that I'm completely satisfyed with RB3, this is the greatest game of all time.
  • The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    adamlathrom;4119997 said:
    How bout we make this the one?

Done.

The most obvious bug/glitch I've noticed is what I call the "Rhythm Mic"™. For some reason when the mic is shown in the stand it will sometimes either occasionally or quite frequently pulsate, bounce, move, or even shoot into the singers head. It seems to do this in rhythm to the beat (almost as if it's following the bass drum).

Here are the details:
    - PS3 version
    - All songs were played in Quickplay (I haven't played any other mode yet)
    - Played solo on Expert Guitar & then Expert Drums
    - Songs in order, where I noticed this:
    New Order (happened very frequently)
    Burning Down the House (only saw it happen once)
    Touch Me (occasionally)
    Riders on the Storm (half-way through the song)
    Our Lips are Sealed (occurred after the drum break)
    All Mixed Up (occasionally).

Similarly I've seen the bass guitar do the same thing. It seems to stutter or twitch - separating itself from the character model and back to normal very quickly. I've only noticed it occurring on the body of the bass though - so the fretboard and hand animations are unaffected. Very strange and somewhat creepy.
    edited October 2010
    More and more bug/glitch threads are being made by the minute. We need a place to merge all these into and refer others too.

Hurry!
  • monlienNH3monlienNH3 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    System: XBOX 360

I have encountered a serious bug in the game. I played earlier in the day with my girlfriend, then I went to play by myself tonight and get this message:

"Loading has failed for an unknown reason. Selected storage device is no longer available."

I skip this screen and get this message: "Autosave has been disabled. In order to re-enable it, press START to go to the menu, select "Options" and the "System Settings".

I press "continue" and my band logo, fans, and everything are there. I re-enable autosave and start playing. I get fans for everything I had already done - lots of fans. I started this session with 5,000,000 fans and end with 100,000,000 fans. This is for about 20 songs in Quickplay. Somewhere along the line, my guitar batteries die in between songs. When I replace the batteries, the game is completely glitched. The singer and guitarist don't move. The singer has no arms. And the bass player disappears. Eventually, I got fed up after capturing some video - I will post when I get a chance. I turned the system off and reload.

Every time I turn on the game the messages appear and my fans are at the previous count, the logo is there, but now my characters are invisible and the game reacts as described above. I get fans for things I've already done, etc.

Finally, I moved this save file to another memory unit and am creating a new save file - which is disappointing since I put a lot of time into my band logo and 4 characters - and lose previous scores, etc.

I will hold on to this save file and hope for a patch. Meanwhile, I'll just start over and hope it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, AWESOME GAME!
  • IzemannIzemann Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    When you are on breaknet speed and your friend is on individual track speeds, it gives both of you breaknetspeed. That makes me mad.
    edited October 2010
    Izemann;4120487 said:
    When you are on breaknet speed and your friend is on individual track speeds, it gives both of you breaknetspeed. That makes me mad.
    I haven't played with BNS yet - I will check that out next time I load the game.
  • fafa979fafa979 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    i have the ps3 and i have been having some serious problems activating overdrive on vocals on all of the songs... it works when it wants to... i'll be screaming, nothing happens... i complain to my friends that its not working in low voice and it goes off... its weird. 88% of the time it didn't work at all. it sucks because overdrive is important for getting spades... it got disheartening...
  • spe2800spe2800 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Sorry for the long post in advance,just wanted to give as much info on this bug or whatever it may be.Let me start of by saying I play on lefty-flip on drums.I ran into something today when I was playing Pro mode expert drums.when I played regular DLC RB2,GD:RB songs all of the note charts we're fine,hitting the right pads at the right time.So then I went to play a Rock Band Network song and the chart didn't match up to the right pads.when you should have been hitting the snare and tom pads it has you hitting the symbol pads instead(It's not the whole song,it only seems to happen on drum fills throughout the song) I thought it might just be the one song so I played about 8 more RBN songs and every single one I played had me hitting the wrong pads.Does anyone think it might just be the lefty-flip chart or has anyone that plays right-handed notice anything like this on the RBN songs.
  • spe2800spe2800 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    fafa979;4120577 said:
    i have the ps3 and i have been having some serious problems activating overdrive on vocals on all of the songs... it works when it wants to... i'll be screaming, nothing happens... i complain to my friends that its not working in low voice and it goes off... its weird. 88% of the time it didn't work at all. it sucks because overdrive is important for getting spades... it got disheartening...

I also had that problem tonight.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2010
    If there can be an animation fix... the singers mic, while on the stand (at least on PS3) spazes constantly. Its very distracting to watch. The clipping is pretty bad (worse than RB2) and the drummer needs a muscle relaxer.

Now did I miss not being able to sort songs alphabetically? I didn't see it offhand.

Please please please bring back mic sensitivity adjustment. Now you DO have to be much louder to do anything, and thats no good.
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    * System: Xbox 360
    * Song(s) where the problems occured: I Love Rock and Roll
    * Road Challenges
    * Nothing too major just a graphical glitch. I was trying out road challenges on keyboard and while I was waiting for the next part to come up I was watching my drummer character and all of a sudden his body started twitching neurotically to the song and his arms flailed around a bit. I think it might have been the character data just not knowing how to react in the song (i.e metal, punk)
    edited October 2010
    folkeye;4120694 said:
    If there can be an animation fix... the singers mic, while on the stand (at least on PS3) spazes constantly. Its very distracting to watch. The clipping is pretty bad (worse than RB2) and the drummer needs a muscle relaxer.

Now did I miss not being able to sort songs alphabetically? I didn't see it offhand.

I mentioned the mic thing a few posts up, I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing it.

Also, from what little I played around with the sorter - I saw an option to sort alphabetically by song name.
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    folkeye;4120694 said:

Please please please bring back mic sensitivity adjustment. Now you DO have to be much louder to do anything, and thats no good.

I want mic sensitivity back too! My mic is too sensitive if I shake my mic the arrow flies all over the places. I notice it also picks up sounds from the game if loud enough. As for sorting I like the new setup but I miss having songs of 2 or more filed into albums, the Queen songs are just all thrown together. Give that back to us HMX!!!
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    monlienNH3;4120372 said:
    System: XBOX 360

I have encountered a serious bug in the game. I played earlier in the day with my girlfriend, then I went to play by myself tonight and get this message:

"Loading has failed for an unknown reason. Selected storage device is no longer available."

I skip this screen and get this message: "Autosave has been disabled. In order to re-enable it, press START to go to the menu, select "Options" and the "System Settings".

I press "continue" and my band logo, fans, and everything are there. I re-enable autosave and start playing. I get fans for everything I had already done - lots of fans. I started this session with 5,000,000 fans and end with 100,000,000 fans. This is for about 20 songs in Quickplay. Somewhere along the line, my guitar batteries die in between songs. When I replace the batteries, the game is completely glitched. The singer and guitarist don't move. The singer has no arms. And the bass player disappears. Eventually, I got fed up after capturing some video - I will post when I get a chance. I turned the system off and reload.

Every time I turn on the game the messages appear and my fans are at the previous count, the logo is there, but now my characters are invisible and the game reacts as described above. I get fans for things I've already done, etc.
    !

I'm having the same problem with that error message. Except that I now cannot get past that message without having a certain USB 2GB Drive connected, even though NONE of my saved game files/profiles etc are on that Drive. That drive had my brother's saved game, and his xbl profile.

I've tried to delete my saved game, create a whole new one, copy my brothers saved game and put it on my HD, erasing my Audio/Video Settings/Song Cache files, etc. Still same problem.

EDIT: Nevermind, still gives that message even with that USB drive in there. Oh well, removed both my memory card and the usb drive and trying a completely fresh save file. Unfortunate, but whatever works. Like you, hopefully I'll be able to go back to this "corrupted" save file later, since it had all my band stuff/goals, etc.
  • Kingdom2917Kingdom2917 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Just like a few other people have been saying, on vocals, its pretty much impossible to activate overdrive when you want to, and when it does activate its never any spot that you would have any phrases.

And yes please bring back mic sensitivity.
    edited October 2010
    Kingdom2917;4120730 said:
    Just like a few other people have been saying, on vocals, its pretty much impossible to activate overdrive when you want to, and when it does activate its never any spot that you would have any phrases.

And yes please bring back mic sensitivity.
    What system are you on? Have you been using 'pitch correction'? The more details the better.
  • XeMpLiFyyXeMpLiFyy Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    So far, my only issues are the strobe lights during songs (they seriously blind me... it's not enjoyable), and getting kicked out during a game with my friend. Once was my internet, but the second time, the game kicked me out mid-song in a road challenge.
  • cantbreak90cantbreak90 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Yes, fix the vocals issue. Either there is some new technique needed to break these activation windows to set off overdrive or the programming is terribly flawed. I mean these aren't even early windows. They are early windows from hell. Also, what's the point of having an overdrive activation window light up after the pitch indicator has already passed it? please offer some kind of explanation that would shed light on this topic. I implore you to avoid any roundabout answers that leave us with no better understanding of this issue than we have now. btw, i'm on the ps3. the same system where the rb2 servers won't allow us to play online at all anymore.
  • monlienNH3monlienNH3 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    MisterSchulz;4120716 said:
    I'm having the same problem with that error message. Except that I now cannot get past that message without having a certain USB 2GB Drive connected, even though NONE of my saved game files/profiles etc are on that Drive. That drive had my brother's saved game, and his xbl profile.

I've tried to delete my saved game, create a whole new one, copy my brothers saved game and put it on my HD, erasing my Audio/Video Settings/Song Cache files, etc. Still same problem.

EDIT: Nevermind, still gives that message even with that USB drive in there. Oh well, removed both my memory card and the usb drive and trying a completely fresh save file. Unfortunate, but whatever works. Like you, hopefully I'll be able to go back to this "corrupted" save file later, since it had all my band stuff/goals, etc.

I was going to attempt to see what happened if I played with my girlfriend's memory card and profile but I can't take her away from Fable 3 right now. I copied her save file to a USB drive but just ended with the same result. I wouldn't mind recreating everything, but I'm scared this is a multiple user issue and I'll just end up in the same situation again tomorrow after we play. I'm sure I didn't turn off the system while saving.
  • SamfoSamfo Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    SYSTEM 360:

I have unlocked "Keys on Guitar mode" and am able to progress through keys goals, but none of them are able to be completed. Is this a glitch? Or By design.

EXAMPLE:" Finish 3 songs on expert keys with at least 90%" now says that 3/3 songs have been completed. But the goal is still faded and counted as not complete.
  • SethonanSethonan Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Izemann;4120487 said:

This is not a bug, it's working as intended; check your friends chart and you'll see he's getting a slower version of breakneck speed relative to yours.
  • LocketbladeLocketblade Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    A somewhat minor bug/glitch, but one that holds dear to my heart.

Platform: 360
    Songs affected: Any song where after a long pause from drumming, the drummer character of the band raises his arms ready to strike down a vicious blow to his drum set. Then he is supposed to strike them just as the player strikes the upcoming beats on the highway.

Bug: For some reason my drummer character is actually off time at this. A long pause arrives, I prepare to epically drum the crud out of what's to come next, and he strikes his virtual toms too early, whereas we should be striking in unison.

This distance this puts in between my character and myself is a little jarring.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    System: 360.

This was discussed in the old forums, but I had the "roadies unloading the crate and the game freezes" glitch.
  • herlockherlock Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I have the same problem, on the 360 when roadies unload crates or speakers or whatever my game will freeze
  • NekketsuNekketsu Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Xbox360 version

I've had the game freeze up 3 times in a row in the character creator when I sent to change the eyebrows on the 'sprite' female face. I got so paranoid by the 4th time that I left her eyebrows alone and changed it in the clothes shop instead. This only seemed to happen when I immediately went to change the eyebrows after selecting the pre-set face structure. The other characters and 3 times before I made and remade the first character I went and changed things like height/weight/tone and hair before I messed with the eyes and never had a freeze up.

I've noticed the drummer seems to spaz out and act weirdly in certain songs. Like in I Love Rock'n'Roll he was basically just gyrating to his left and to the front almost the entire song and didn't even look like he was hitting the drums. Looked like one of those punching motion action figures actually.

Also had weird animations in Night on Bald Mountain. The scripted stage dive didn't complete. The singer looked like he was going to jump, then kinda froze in the crouching position and the scene soon switched to the guitarist. Also after the song completed the guitarist, singer, and bassist started moving at about 2x speed while the scene faded out.

While not a bug, I hope for a patch to add an option to remove the music video venue, some of those strobing effects can hurt the eyes and possible cause seizures in people.
  • ReedusReedus Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    •PS3
    •Get Up, Stand Up, Rock Lobster
    •Road Challenges

Bug: Occasionally, in mid-song, the game makes a very loud glitchy sound for about a second or two. Some describe it as a Star Wars sound but it sounds sort of like an old 56k modem to me. Everything else seems to work fine before and after the sound and the songs do not stop or pause when this happens. But the sound is loud enough to possibly cause speaker damage if I have the volume up at a decent level. It's very startling and obviously very, very wrong.

Others have posted about the issue on gamefaqs.com: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971479-rock-band-3/56912440
  • 11thfinger11thfinger Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Every time we try to load Proud Mary on pro vocals with two singers plugged in, the game (and the xbox 36-) freezes during the band prep animation.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2010
    I'm on 360 and for the life of me I can hardly get the overdrive to activate on vocals. I scream, I turn up the mic volume. I change the pitch in my voice. It is very very annoying.

I'm using auto tune so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.
  • kingd7kingd7 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Reedus;4121102 said:
    •PS3
    •Get Up, Stand Up, Rock Lobster
    •Road Challenges

Bug: Occasionally, in mid-song, the game makes a very loud glitchy sound for about a second or two. Some describe it as a Star Wars sound but it sounds sort of like an old 56k modem to me. Everything else seems to work fine before and after the sound and the songs do not stop or pause when this happens. But the sound is loud enough to possibly cause speaker damage if I have the volume up at a decent level. It's very startling and obviously very, very wrong.

Others have posted about the issue on gamefaqs.com: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971479-rock-band-3/56912440

I have had this happen as well. It has done it on The Power of Love twice and is very loud. PS3, Quickplay, playing guitar once and keyboards the other time.
  • ReedusReedus Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I forgot to point out that when the audio glitch happened during get up, stand up it was keys, bass, and vocals. during rock lobster it was just keys.