RB3 Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread (no song requests)

Comments

• BassHarpBassHarp Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Bug Report (Well, I'm not sure if it's a bug)

System: Xbox 360
    Songs: Any
    Game Mode: Road Challenge

I've posted this in my own thread to bring it to everyone's attention but I thought I should post it here too for that same reason.

I was playing a Road Challenge and decided to do an option called Custom Nu-Metal Setlist. The songs that I saw listed when I chose it were indeed all Nu-Metal songs, but I wanted to change the order of songs by band name rather than song name.

So I went to the options and filters menu by pressing "Back" (I was on an Xbox 360 btw.) But then I notice that I still had the option to filter in and out certain genres. I saw that a lot of genres were filtered out and I realised to myself, that this is all the game does to keep you from choosing different songs in the specific setlists.

So I un-filtered everything and what do you know?! I was able to pick Alternative songs, Punk songs, or whatever songs in any genres I wanted in a supposed "Nu-Metal Setlist". Yeah. Just thought I would bring that to everyone's attention. Maybe a possible fix is needed?
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I'm on 360 and on standard keys the note sustains do not work. It drops the note and sound. Anyone else have this problem?
  • MommarMommar Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I have a suggestion. It would be nice if the game would tell you what Key the song is in prior to starting. It would help a lot on finger placement for the keys. Also, I'd actually prefer if the letters for the Keys were displayed (a la pro guitars chords) because it's easier to pick out a white Letter than it is to figure out which key lane the nub is poking out from.
  • lpfan4everlpfan4ever Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    OSweetMrMath;4123388 said:
    This is an RBN issue. Early RBN did not have pro drums support, so RB3 maps everything to the cymbals for those songs. Pro drums were introduced a few months ago, and most, but not all, songs since then should have proper pro drums charts.

That makes me sad. Guess I have to go without Pro mode if I feel like playing my RBN songs. Damn...
  • Cris28Cris28 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I am disappointed that tug of war and score duel isnt in rockband 3. I really enjoyed that game mode.

I play rockband alot.
  • ElephantRiderElephantRider Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Please allow the ability to return the note charts to just a plain black background like in RB1/2, and to be able to turn off (or reduce the brightness of) the blue and orange swirlies when the streak/OD is triggered. My girlfriend has vision difficulties and can barely see the notes when there is anything on the path. The new chart style in RB3 and TB:RB makes it almost impossible for her to play either of those games.
  • OrgophlaxOrgophlax Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    OK, so I got a laundry list of stuff. I play on 360 but I'd imagine this affects all versions since they aren't really bugs. The first thing I started a thread about so I'll copy/paste most of it.

I'm having real issues with the new fretboard in RB3. Despite them adding a solid texture to it, the stage antics show through WAY more than they did in RB2, especially at the top. I also think the notes are a bit darker, and hopo notes are smaller. If they aren't smaller then the darker color makes them look smaller. And because they're darker, all the flashing that's going on makes them disappear to my eyes, especially green and orange. Also, it seems like breakneck speed doesn't space out the notes as much as it did in RB2.

It all boils down to that it's much harder for me to pick up the notes than it was in RB2, especially in fast hopo runs. I think if the top of the fretboard (which is where I fix my eyes) was made less transparent so that it actually blocked out the background it'd help immensely. As it is my eyes can't pick up the notes when they first appear at the top most of the time, so once they get down to a point where they register to me, my timing is now off because I'm seeing them later than normal.

So basically: Make the fretboard less transparent

Also, see the guy above me's post.

The other big one for me is breakneck speed not working in practice. It's kind of hard to practice something when it's not going the same speed you play at.

The last stuff is minor knit-picking stuff but I'll post them anyway.

This might actually be a bug, but the Jackson Custom Kelly with reverse neck guitar does not seem to let you add art to it properly. When adding, the art appears on the 2 small pickups under the strings. Every other guitar I tried has the art appear on the body (and art appeared on the body of this Jackson in RB2). Hopefully this can be fixed.

The Good Times wrist item does not appear on some clothing you'd expect it to. I'm pretty sure in RB2 it appeared over top whatever torso item you were wearing, regardless of sleeve length. In RB3, it only displays for certain short sleeve items, which would be fine, but even ones you'd expect it to it does not. For instance, the Alabama-Slamma shirt has it's sleeve's rolled up, but the Good Times wrist item still does not appear.
  • Reba06Reba06 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    system: xbox360
    so the game is awesome, but there are a few techincal issues that ive encountered. these may have been covered but i dont really have the patience to go through 12 pages ;)

- connecting wireless devices, so it maxes out at having 2 guitars, drums, controller and one mic. i cannot connect more than one wireless mic which totally defeats the harmony parts. (i havent tried the keyboard yet, it didnt arrive at my store yesterday)
    -drums cannot navigate with simple hits of the drums, ie blue goes down yellow goes up. im currently running off my edrums and the controller bit isnt in a decent location (this is pretty much my problem only i think)
    -being able to edit the facial features of characters after uve made them. some of the ppl i made look kinda funny and would like to just adjust them instead of redoing them completely

thanks for an awesome game tho...FREEBIRD!!! haha
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Wii version has a 1000 song catalog limit. Can only have < 1000 DLC tracks on a single SDHC card, making 32GB cards useless. If you have more than this many DLC tracks spread across multiple SDHC cards, game rescans some songs when you switch cards. This can take some time. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjWPw0zuzWs
  • KBrizkitKBrizkit Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    It would be nice to sort by download location like RB2 had... The only way i have been able to sort to find the RB3 songs together and other games together is by sorting by date aquired... maybe im missing something but it seemed alot easier in RB2
  • JoatmonJoatmon Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Izemann;4120487 said:
    When you are on breaknet speed and your friend is on individual track speeds, it gives both of you breaknetspeed. That makes me mad.

Breakneck speed should be per person, not global, PLEASE FIX
  • UncleGrampsUncleGramps Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Reba06;4123849 said:
    -being able to edit the facial features of characters after uve made them. some of the ppl i made look kinda funny and would like to just adjust them instead of redoing them completely
    Seconded! I made my dude way too buff and it wasn't obvious to me while I was in the character creator. Once I saw him in the cutscenes, I realized my mistake, but by that point, it's too late to fix it.
  • sushigradesushigrade Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Two things:

1) Filter by review. It seems like a no-brainer to me, but it's the only filter that's not available.

2) While it's nice being able to choose my backup band, I really liked the RB2 ability to choose who did what as backup musicians. I made a character to be a lead singer, a drummer, etc., and it'd be nice if they could fill those slots instead of having a 1/6 chance of having the band look like I envisioned it.
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Bug Report

Platform: PS3
    Songs Affected: Whip It, Rock Lobster (though I am assuming its all songs)
    Mode: Pro Keys Expert solo Quickplay
    Description: I had practiced a bit through the learn a song mode on pro keys expert. So I go to play the songs and I am going for the full combo, I am restarting the son quite a bit (not sure if it contributed to the problem). But there is a point where the sound would drop out (almost like changing the radio station) and it would do this loud fuzz and then you get hit with this crazy loud bass buzz. It is for like 2 seconds. And then the song comes back in. I can confirm it doesn't effect gameplay because it happened on my full combo run and it was unaffected. But it sure does give me a jump when it happens. Its scary and discouraging because I never know when its going to happen.
    And that is the ONLY mode that it has happened to me in, I've played Expert Guitar/Bass, Expert Pro Drums without problems. But the few times I did play Pro Keys this happened to what I would say is frequent since its the mode I've played least at this point.
  • OrgophlaxOrgophlax Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Oh, another little annoyance...

When you complete a goal it'd be nice if you could view the details of that goal. I have no idea what I did to complete most the goals I have cause it's too cumbersome to quit out and check.
  • obbrichobbrich Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Overdrive on vocals not deploying. PS3. Couldn't trigger it at ALL!!!. Tried playing with the mic sensitivity. Pitch correction on and off. Volume up, volume down, to no avail. Have the issue using a stock Rock Band 1 mic. Also a modded Sennheiser mic normally used for Rock Band, AND also a pair of sing-star mics that we use for back-up vocals on The Beatles. In short, nothing we did, made it work, and changing the hardware didn't make it work. There's a bug in there somewhere.

Have not tried using it Solo. We were in a "Normal" group setting (Bass, guitar, singer. No Drummer, keyboards, or back-up vocals)

I will try it solo and see if its any different. I'm not holding my breath. I've seen way too many complaints about this, and I'm sure more than a few had the issue while flying solo.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    MaximusDM;4124055 said:
    Bug Report

Platform: PS3
    Songs Affected: Whip It, Rock Lobster (though I am assuming its all songs)
    Mode: Pro Keys Expert solo Quickplay
    Description: I had practiced a bit through the learn a song mode on pro keys expert. So I go to play the songs and I am going for the full combo, I am restarting the son quite a bit (not sure if it contributed to the problem). But there is a point where the sound would drop out (almost like changing the radio station) and it would do this loud fuzz and then you get hit with this crazy loud bass buzz. It is for like 2 seconds. And then the song comes back in. I can confirm it doesn't effect gameplay because it happened on my full combo run and it was unaffected. But it sure does give me a jump when it happens. Its scary and discouraging because I never know when its going to happen.
    And that is the ONLY mode that it has happened to me in, I've played Expert Guitar/Bass, Expert Pro Drums without problems. But the few times I did play Pro Keys this happened to what I would say is frequent since its the mode I've played least at this point.
    YES! I thought this was my tv or something originally but now this confirms it. Very startling

Also, why does the Bass tracks in songs sound lower than they were before? Even with Bass boost on, my songs are lacking the bass, even DLC that was loud and clear on RB2. I play bass a lot and would like to actually hear the instrument.
  • edited October 2010
    A few minor things but this one pertains to the art/tatooo maker. Whenever you used to hover over a shape in RB1 or 2, it would do an animation and shake slightly to know it was selected. This was important because if you have 20 shapes all overlapping it was confusing visually. Now the shake is gone, and it makes the highly detailed tatoos much harder to make.

Also a very mundane request... the ability to navigate the UI with the keyboard keys. (not the D-pad... the actual keys themselves) This would function in the same way that the drum pads can be used to move through the menus.
  • OndoOndo Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Nekketsu;4121066 said:
    Xbox360 version

I've had the game freeze up 3 times in a row in the character creator when I sent to change the eyebrows on the 'sprite' female face. I got so paranoid by the 4th time that I left her eyebrows alone and changed it in the clothes shop instead. This only seemed to happen when I immediately went to change the eyebrows after selecting the pre-set face structure. The other characters and 3 times before I made and remade the first character I went and changed things like height/weight/tone and hair before I messed with the eyes and never had a freeze up.
    I've had the same issue, also on Xbox 360.

In addition to the Sprite preset face having the issue, it also shows up on the Twee and Vamp. It seems to crash anytime the eyebrows are selected and then the current choice immediately selected - it hangs instead of showing the color selection.

Moving the cursor around after selecting eyebrows seems to prevent the issue, even when moving back to the same eyebrows and selecting. I don't think any other changes prevent the issue from appearing - I specifically tested changing the character's cheeks before going to the eyebrows.

Once you move around on the eyebrow screen, it continues to not crash even if you switch the face preset. You can make it crash again after exiting the character creator and coming back. I didn't narrow it down any more than that.
  • ToasterRageToasterRage Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    SpotTheCat;4123553 said:
    Xbox 360
    I don't know if this a "camera effect" or a bug, but the band sometimes gets really glitchy. They move around very slowly, and skip interpolated movements, it looks like the FPS drops by 75%. Usually the note highways are not affected, but I've had them skitter down the screen as well.
    I've seen the crowd do the same thing, looks like the crowd stops moving for about 2-3 seconds, then pops to where they should be.
  • BullwinkleJBullwinkleJ Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    One thing I'd love to see fixed in a patch is the ability to turn off an instrument. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but if I transfer the main player to the gamepad or another instrument and turn off the one I was using (to save batteries or put it away), I get a "Please Reconnect Controller" message that does not go away.

Also, I love the fact that I can make my default backup band be my created characters, but it bums me out when my singer is playing drums while the keyboardist is doing lead vocals and the drummer is on keys. I wish I could lock in a default role for each of them.

There doesn't seem to be a way to create multiple bands. That would be ideal.

I'm not a big fan of the orange fret slipping into guitar on Medium. A rare occurence would be one thing, but it seems to be an enforced policy on Medium rated songs now. It takes a lot of the fun out. Creating a Medium/Orange level between Medium and Hard would have been better. I fear you're going to alienate a lot of casual players out there by making them play at a level they're not going to enjoy. For myself, playing alone, I would welcome this level of play, but it upsets me that I may have to drop down to Easy for party-play. That just doesn't seem right.
  • adrien666adrien666 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    i was trying to find a feature to play with other people on the same instrument (drums) i like to do score duels for fun and for competition if there is no feature thats lame can u tell me how to duel with someone or if there isnt a way...can you please. that would be awesome. oh and the feature where u place the songs by loacation ( downloads, rbn, then rb3 songs then whatever else u got ) that would be great.
    please let me know
    oh this is for xbox 360
  • ToasterRageToasterRage Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Platform: XBOX 360 (times 3)
    Mode: QuickPlay

I play with two other people (all of us are remote), our setup is usually two guitars (one guitar/one bass switch per song) and drums. Tried to Quickplay last night, and could not join more than one guitar into the game. Once the first player with guitar joins, then we get a message about "No more guitars".

We tried having all three of us start the quick play then inviting the party in, and no matter what we tried we could not get the second guitar in. There does not seem to be a way to designate Bass when joining in. In the end, we had guitar, KB and drums on playing together, so it's not networking issues.

All three of us have found that RB3 is MUCH more difficult to get a quickplay started, and song sorting is worse now.

None of us is happy that the stage kit is not supported. BIG TIME FAIL HERE!

Can we please have a female session singer for female artists? Joan Jett's "I Love Rock and Roll" should not be sung by Moosejaw Boudreau.

Given the odd menu structures and other changes, we've renamed RB3 to "Rock Band: Business Edition" - we feel like it's work now to get a session together...
  • PikminGuts92PikminGuts92 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I'm requesting a feature...
    Competitive game modes, please. At least Score Duel! :)
  • shoebiedooshoebiedoo Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I think it would be cool to hear drummer's fills when playing on line.
  • Mirai ZeroMirai Zero Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    it would be really nice if they could put the two colored hair back in the game.
  • DaelanDaelan Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    X360 for me, but these are issues on all consoles, probably:

1.) The menus/interface is SO much less intuitive than RB2 (can't sort songs by DLC vs RB1, RB2, RB3, etc... wtf?)
    2.) In the non-gameplay screens (ie. when not actually playing a song), why am I listening to musak? GIMME TUNES! You have a huge songlist, use it!
    3.) Between songs/animations the load screen is an abrupt and PAINFUL stark WHITE. On a 60" LCD in a dark room, the 5 of us playing were all complaining about that. Seriously, my wife was getting a headache.
    4.) Auto-calibration is fantastic! But you should mention in the calibration start screen that you need full, fresh batteries in your controller for it to be effective. A set of half-power AA's wasn't getting any reading, and had us dying after 20 minutes of video-cal on auto. Again, 60" tv, dark room. OUCH!!!

The whole game feels less polished than RB2 when it first came out. Your animations (particularly the singer) aren't as song-appropriate. My wife's singer looks like a spaz as often as not mid-song... My drummer is worse.

The whole Challenge/Goal-oriented progression is a valid approach, I suppose, but it lacks the sense of adventure/ worldwide growth of RB2.

There are some serious issues with the singer activating Overdrive. Serious.

And the lack of local PVP? Come on, guys... The game supports 2 guitars and up to 3 singers as a default. And in RB2 you could local Drum Duel. Did the design team just forget what makes this game so cool? It's a party game, probably the best one ever made. I get that you wanted to teach Little Jimmy how to play a real guitar, but the backbone of this franchise is the plastic-instrument wannabe crowd. We LIKE goofing off in our living rooms drummer vs drummer, singer vs singer, dare I say keyboard vs keyboard?
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Posted earlier:

REQUEST: FRETBOARD: Please make a modifier (extras menu). Ability to change the fretboard color, design background (logos in band setup will work) and transparency. Very hard to see the notes sometimes.

I'd like this. It the shorter lanes and seemingly increased transparency, it's gets tricky to see the notes sometimes. If we had the option to darken the lanes up, it would be great.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    H.I.M. is listed both as H.I.M. and HIM. Also there are a few RBN DLC that I have bought that have all of a sudden come up as demos. I have never Downloaded any demos and wonder what happened to my songs? The few are In This Moment's "Mechanical Love" and a Gracious Few song that I can't remember the title of.
  • HaloOfTheSunHaloOfTheSun Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    It'd be nice if some more sorting and filtering options were included. Some pretty obvious stuff left out. Can't sort by decade anymore? Can't sort by DLC? Can't set filter to songs with a review of 2 or higher?

Also it'd be nice if the fretboard was less transparent, but I don't see this actually getting fixed.