RB3 Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread (no song requests)

The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
edited October 2013 in Rock Band
In an effort to corral the incoming bombardment of threads, here is a thread where people can report any issues they've come across within the game as well as any suggestions for change. Please remember to be polite and informative in your criticism or problem reporting - it's much more effective than angry demands.

When posting information about a bug, glitch etc., try to include as much detail as possible - the more descriptive the easier an issue is to replicate.

Here are some suggestions for information to include:
System the game was played on.
Song(s) where the problem occurred.
Gameplay mode.
Other possible need-to-know/useful information.

Comments

• cantbreak90cantbreak90 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Yes, fix the vocals issue. Either there is some new technique needed to break these activation windows to set off overdrive or the programming is terribly flawed. I mean these aren't even early windows. They are early windows from hell. Also, what's the point of having an overdrive activation window light up after the pitch indicator has already passed it? please offer some kind of explanation that would shed light on this topic. I implore you to avoid any roundabout answers that leave us with no better understanding of this issue than we have now. btw, i'm on the ps3. the same system where the rb2 servers won't allow us to play online at all anymore.
  • monlienNH3monlienNH3 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    MisterSchulz;4120716 said:
    I'm having the same problem with that error message. Except that I now cannot get past that message without having a certain USB 2GB Drive connected, even though NONE of my saved game files/profiles etc are on that Drive. That drive had my brother's saved game, and his xbl profile.

I've tried to delete my saved game, create a whole new one, copy my brothers saved game and put it on my HD, erasing my Audio/Video Settings/Song Cache files, etc. Still same problem.

EDIT: Nevermind, still gives that message even with that USB drive in there. Oh well, removed both my memory card and the usb drive and trying a completely fresh save file. Unfortunate, but whatever works. Like you, hopefully I'll be able to go back to this "corrupted" save file later, since it had all my band stuff/goals, etc.

I was going to attempt to see what happened if I played with my girlfriend's memory card and profile but I can't take her away from Fable 3 right now. I copied her save file to a USB drive but just ended with the same result. I wouldn't mind recreating everything, but I'm scared this is a multiple user issue and I'll just end up in the same situation again tomorrow after we play. I'm sure I didn't turn off the system while saving.
  • SamfoSamfo Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    SYSTEM 360:

I have unlocked "Keys on Guitar mode" and am able to progress through keys goals, but none of them are able to be completed. Is this a glitch? Or By design.

EXAMPLE:" Finish 3 songs on expert keys with at least 90%" now says that 3/3 songs have been completed. But the goal is still faded and counted as not complete.
  • SethonanSethonan Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Izemann;4120487 said:
    When you are on breaknet speed and your friend is on individual track speeds, it gives both of you breaknetspeed. That makes me mad.

This is not a bug, it's working as intended; check your friends chart and you'll see he's getting a slower version of breakneck speed relative to yours.
  • LocketbladeLocketblade Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    A somewhat minor bug/glitch, but one that holds dear to my heart.

Platform: 360
    Songs affected: Any song where after a long pause from drumming, the drummer character of the band raises his arms ready to strike down a vicious blow to his drum set. Then he is supposed to strike them just as the player strikes the upcoming beats on the highway.

Bug: For some reason my drummer character is actually off time at this. A long pause arrives, I prepare to epically drum the crud out of what's to come next, and he strikes his virtual toms too early, whereas we should be striking in unison.

This distance this puts in between my character and myself is a little jarring.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    System: 360.

This was discussed in the old forums, but I had the "roadies unloading the crate and the game freezes" glitch.
  • herlockherlock Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I have the same problem, on the 360 when roadies unload crates or speakers or whatever my game will freeze
  • NekketsuNekketsu Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Xbox360 version

I've had the game freeze up 3 times in a row in the character creator when I sent to change the eyebrows on the 'sprite' female face. I got so paranoid by the 4th time that I left her eyebrows alone and changed it in the clothes shop instead. This only seemed to happen when I immediately went to change the eyebrows after selecting the pre-set face structure. The other characters and 3 times before I made and remade the first character I went and changed things like height/weight/tone and hair before I messed with the eyes and never had a freeze up.

I've noticed the drummer seems to spaz out and act weirdly in certain songs. Like in I Love Rock'n'Roll he was basically just gyrating to his left and to the front almost the entire song and didn't even look like he was hitting the drums. Looked like one of those punching motion action figures actually.

Also had weird animations in Night on Bald Mountain. The scripted stage dive didn't complete. The singer looked like he was going to jump, then kinda froze in the crouching position and the scene soon switched to the guitarist. Also after the song completed the guitarist, singer, and bassist started moving at about 2x speed while the scene faded out.

While not a bug, I hope for a patch to add an option to remove the music video venue, some of those strobing effects can hurt the eyes and possible cause seizures in people.
  • ReedusReedus Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    •PS3
    •Get Up, Stand Up, Rock Lobster
    •Road Challenges

Bug: Occasionally, in mid-song, the game makes a very loud glitchy sound for about a second or two. Some describe it as a Star Wars sound but it sounds sort of like an old 56k modem to me. Everything else seems to work fine before and after the sound and the songs do not stop or pause when this happens. But the sound is loud enough to possibly cause speaker damage if I have the volume up at a decent level. It's very startling and obviously very, very wrong.

Others have posted about the issue on gamefaqs.com: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971479-rock-band-3/56912440
  • 11thfinger11thfinger Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Every time we try to load Proud Mary on pro vocals with two singers plugged in, the game (and the xbox 36-) freezes during the band prep animation.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2010
    I'm on 360 and for the life of me I can hardly get the overdrive to activate on vocals. I scream, I turn up the mic volume. I change the pitch in my voice. It is very very annoying.

I'm using auto tune so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.
  • kingd7kingd7 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Reedus;4121102 said:
    •PS3
    •Road Challenges

Bug: Occasionally, in mid-song, the game makes a very loud glitchy sound for about a second or two. Some describe it as a Star Wars sound but it sounds sort of like an old 56k modem to me. Everything else seems to work fine before and after the sound and the songs do not stop or pause when this happens. But the sound is loud enough to possibly cause speaker damage if I have the volume up at a decent level. It's very startling and obviously very, very wrong.

Others have posted about the issue on gamefaqs.com: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971479-rock-band-3/56912440

I have had this happen as well. It has done it on The Power of Love twice and is very loud. PS3, Quickplay, playing guitar once and keyboards the other time.
  • ReedusReedus Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I forgot to point out that when the audio glitch happened during get up, stand up it was keys, bass, and vocals. during rock lobster it was just keys.
  • SumnaSumna Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Reedus;4121102 said:
    •PS3
    •Road Challenges

Please don't tell me that this bug is back in RB3. I had this happen in RB2 a half dozen times and I too was worried about speaker damage. It is EXTREMELY loud and not a part of the song at all.

The only glitch that I have noticed in RB3 so far is the vocal overdrive. I am on the PS3 and it is nearly impossible to deploy the overdrive. Whenever it does work, it happens before a stretch of no phrases, so it is pretty much useless.

Oh, and please bring back the Mic Sensitivity adjustment option.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Who the effin hell thought the string sound for navigating through the song list with guitar WAS NOT annoying as hell?!!!?

I reckon I need to turn off background noise next time. Hope that effin takes care of it. :mad:

*spits*
  • The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Starfleet_Rambo;4121437 said:
    Who the effin hell thought the string sound for navigating through the song list with guitar WAS NOT annoying as hell?!!!?

I reckon I need to turn off background noise next time. Hope that effin takes care of it. :mad:

*spits*
    I'm pretty sure you can turn those off via one of the sound settings, not sure which one though.
  • b70x7nb70x7n Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4121272 said:
    I'm on 360 and for the life of me I can hardly get the overdrive to activate on vocals. I scream, I turn up the mic volume. I change the pitch in my voice. It is very very annoying.

I'm using auto tune so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.

Same problem here. Using 360 and "pitch correction" and cannot get the vocal overdrive to activate.
    edited October 2010
    b70x7n;4122001 said:
    Same problem here. Using 360 and "pitch correction" and cannot get the vocal overdrive to activate.

Is the problem still there if "pitch correction" is turned off?
  • Thony_HedgehogThony_Hedgehog Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    System: PS3

Am I the only one here who gets enormous amount of lag, not during the songs? I mean, when I play the songs, it goes smoothly. That is, when I can play. Just now, the game froze after the intro cinematic. As if my PS3 had too many things to load. Oh, and talking about things to load, it freezes and unfreezes in the customization store as hell, wondering why HMX changed all this.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I've tried vox OD activation with and without Pitch Correction active. Made no difference.
    edited October 2010
    Thony_Hedgehog;4122077 said:
    Am I the only one here who gets enormous amount of lag, not during the songs? I mean, when I play the songs, it goes smoothly. That is, when I can play. Just now, the game froze after the intro cinematic. As if my PS3 had too many things to load. Oh, and talking about things to load, it freezes and unfreezes in the customization store as hell, wondering why HMX changed all this.

I too run on the PS3, I've not experienced any of the things you've mentioned (although I've only played about an hour since purchase).
  • defjukiedefjukie Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I think both the "difficulty activating overdrive on vocals" and "loud random noises during gameplay" problems on PS3 might be attributed to having a PS Eye and the game picking up its microphone as input:

-creates feedback loops, which gets increasingly loud and sounds kinda like a modem
    -counts as a 2nd mic, so the game is looking for input on BOTH mics to activate overdrive.

can sufferers of either of these problems confirm that they have a PS Eye?
  • edited October 2010
    A new game leads to new ideas, suggestions and, unfortunately, new bugs, so it also needs a thread to discuss those in a somewhat organized manner.

This is the official repository for all feature requests, bug reports, suggestions for game patching, etc.

Be sure to provide as much detail and background as is humanly possible behind your idea. No one is a mind reader, so if you want your idea to carry weight, you need to really spell it out! Also, remember that constructive, polite criticism helps all those involved more than angry demands.
  • SiriusLestrangeSiriusLestrange Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    PS3 Slim 120gb
    Road Challenges
    Just about any song where the singer keeps his mic on the stand.

The animations with the microphone on the stand jumping around is jarring along with the spazzing bass every now and then. How the heck did they miss the Mic though? It happens just about any song that's mostly mic stand based and happens multiple times. It's really silly.

Also my game has crashed twice within about 10 minutes while I was in solo quick play singing. Once while I was scrolling through songs and just as I hovered over the Chicago song, boom, straight to the PS3 XMB. So I reloaded the game and tried hovering over it again and it seemed alright so then I played another song and after that one chose Gay Bar by Electric Sixx and as the song was loading, the cut scene of the camera going into the bar with the guy giving his devil horns was showing, boom another crash to the XMB. I just turned off my PS3 at that point. Besides the graphical anomalies the game had been working fine up until this point.

Also I am having no problems using overdrive with a mic, what microphone are you guys using? I am using a Singstar wired mic.
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Lex.

I'm using a launch 60GB model and haven't experienced a crash yet, but I do agree about the "Rhythm Mic" being annoying and jarring.
  • edited October 2010
    The_Spleen;4122140 said:

I was working on that while you were posting.

Trying to adjust the post order now, but if that doesn't work, your original post'll probably suffice. Thanks for getting this thread started.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    defjukie;4122123 said:
    I think both the "difficulty activating overdrive on vocals" and "loud random noises during gameplay" problems on PS3 might be attributed to having a PS Eye and the game picking up its microphone as input:

-creates feedback loops, which gets increasingly loud and sounds kinda like a modem
    -counts as a 2nd mic, so the game is looking for input on BOTH mics to activate overdrive.

can sufferers of either of these problems confirm that they have a PS Eye?

I have a PSEye. It was unplugged. Vox OD is bjorked.
  • Lakers_Fan_24Lakers_Fan_24 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    x360

BUG:Turning off instruments sounds doesn't work. Drum sounds are still in. Wonder if we can go back to RB2 style of editing the instrument sounds (one for each instrument).

REQUEST: FRETBOARD: Please make a modifier (extras menu). Ability to change the fretboard color, design background (logos in band setup will work) and transparency. Very hard to see the notes sometimes.

REQ: Stars, go back to RB2 style where there big. Hard to see when there so small. Plus RB2 style of gold stars, getting GS in RB3 doesn't seem like an accomplishment when there just so small.
  • Hibou77Hibou77 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Suggestion for 1st patch...

Support multiple profiles on the PS3 like it is done on the XBOX.

When playing in a "local" band, the solo scores must be saved to the players respective profiles (PS3 profiles).
  • The_MouthpieceThe_Mouthpiece Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Xbox 360 Version of RB3

Activating Vocals in Overdrive is very hit or miss. Did not have the same problem in RB1 or RB2.
    Percussion in Vocals is also shotty. I have tries claps, hits, blowing, etc and it will not reliably catch every beat. Whenever a song wants double-beats in percussion, it will only catch one of the beats.

Using official Mic that came with RB2 bundle. Also tried using the mic that has the built-in controller.