RB3 Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread (no song requests)

Comments

• JoeL_CQCJoeL_CQC Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    a simple request:

option to rewatch some of the cut scenes like when the band gets their first van.

couldn't seem to find an option, wondering if it was a unlock or something.
  • PortlandRidahPortlandRidah Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    ive noticeed while singing its impossiple 2 hit the 1st percussion note on any song, tho ive done it a 1000x on RB1 & RB2
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2010
    JoeL_CQC;4129039 said:
    a simple request:

option to rewatch some of the cut scenes like when the band gets their first van.

couldn't seem to find an option, wondering if it was a unlock or something.

That option us under 'customize band' then 'band history'. :)
    edited October 2010
    Okay second post regarding the mic sensitivity issue. I sang a few more songs last night, this time trying the stock microphone to see the difference from my Samsung. It was almost unplayable, so sensitive it was picking up my breathing while many feet from my face. It did about half the tambourine hits on its own since there was ambient noise, my tapping was useless, and we weren't allowed to talk...it picked that up as pitch too.

So the Samsung QU1 feels slightly down from 'medium' in registering, while the stock picks up brain waves to register sound.
  • nilesongnilesong Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    bengalcp09;4126969 said:
    Please with the transparent fretboard. The fact that it's shorter is enough of a change, but both is too much. At times you can barely see the notes. Especially with the groove pattern then overdrive. It's almost like the game punishes you for doing well. If I miss notes because I hit a wrong button, that's one thing. If I miss a note because the video puts the spotlight on the drummer really quickly, that's very frustrating. You can add new instruments, you can have a great catalog, and you can have an awesome sorting system. But when the songs are frustrating and no longer fun to play, and it's no longer my own skill that holds me back, it makes me want to stop playing. It's really disappointing.

I barely played The Beatles because I couldn't see the notes, I really don't want that to happen with this game. Please give us track options to lessen the transparency.
    ^ This.

Also, the notes on BNS aren't spaced as far apart as they were in RB2. At least I don't they are.....maybe it's just that the track is shorter or something, but it's totally messing me up!
  • Tenacious_BTenacious_B Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    An EASY way to help people with finger positioning on keys would be to number each note from 1-5 in practice or learn a song ( 1: thumb - 5: pinky ) so they know which finger should press which note.
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    IBKIBK;4128827 said:
    You can't make a band with people from different consoles either...

I like how you seem to be blaming HMX for this, rather than the WARRING CONSOLE MANUFACTURERS.
  • mmackinmmackin Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    PS3
    When examining the accessories. If you look at gloves, and decide not to use any of them. When you go to rings, the rings won't display on the characters hands.

This was on a female character on PS3.
  • DaddyODaddyO Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Post is too long and did not see a summarized one, so I apologize if these were mentioned elsewhere:

Transparency of fret board - please make an option to let the player control it.
    Being able to customize your band to add a roster of other players, like in RB2.
    Filtering by song review.
  • mltdwnmltdwn Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    To the informational section of each song add a section which tells what modules are needed to get the same guitar song. For electric guitarists this is a necessity, especially for those starting out who don't know what module or effects gets the same sound in the song. Would also be a great help for those of us with modeling amps so we know "Ok we need a bit of overdrive and some chorus" rather than having to tweak with all of our settings to figure it out.
  • JoeL_CQCJoeL_CQC Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    folkeye;4129120 said:
    That option us under 'customize band' then 'band history'. :)

cool beans.
  • MaxRenn82MaxRenn82 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Platform: Xbox 360

Game locks up sometimes during the animation that plays while a song is loadings. It's on the one where the two guys are dragging a crate onto or off the stage... .its always the same spot, but thankfully not everytime. Has done it probably 2 or 3 times.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited October 2010
    Furry4Life;4128767 said:
    Oh, another glitch as well (dunno if someone has already mentioned this, or if it's purposefully done). But on at least PS3, RBN tracks will not show as final tier, for any instrument, or for band difficulty. The final, two tiers both get dumped into "Nightmare", and the sorting will list all of the Nightmare songs, followed by all of the Impossible songs. For instance, right now my RBN final tier has some song that starts with a V (alphabetically last RBN track I have in Nightmare) and then goes to Attitude Song.
    It was done on purpose. RBN songs were given values that corresponded to the bottom of the desired tier in RB2. But, RB3 raised the threshold for Impossible so the Impossible RBN songs got dumped into Nightmare.
    Somtuk;4128786 said:
    I would love the ability to turn off all the cut-scenes. When a song is chosen to be played, I find it very frustrating to have to watch my character insert a key into a lock, and turn it.
    The cut-scenes replaced loading screens. Do you want to go back to the same old tips over and over?
  • MaxRenn82MaxRenn82 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I would also agree it can be a bit distracting that the notes and fretboard all seem so much brighter than in previous games. On really fast guitar solos I'm finding it more difficult than usual to "see" the notes. They seem to almost glow into each other, if that makes any sense. Maybe it'll get better with practice, but can't be good for the eyes. :p

I mean it looks really cool but after playing for a bit it can begin to become an actual literal eyesore. hehe
  • jgomez80jgomez80 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Suggestion: I think it would be fantastic if it would tell you what tuning the song is played in at the start of the song - this would really assist the learning experience that pro mode brings.

Thanks!
  • chico76chico76 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Suggestion:

Allow band lineups in online play to use any combination of the 5 parts. Or, if playing online, allow all 5 to be a "natural" band. Once you're playing on multiple consoles, you're no longer limited by any "number of controllers" issue. There's absolutely no good reason to lock out something such as G + B + K in the first place, but especially not when playing online...
  • BelperBelper Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    OK, 2 things this time.
    Game froze on the "Roadie Crate Scene of Death" again, just like last night while attemping to play Hardest Button to Button on pro-drums.

Secondly, I was drumming online in a multi-song setlist with a guitarist and bassist. One song finished and I achieved about 3 or 4 goals, which get displayed in those boxes in the centre of the screen. That's great I love the goals and getting fans BUT, the next song starts playing before they finish popping up. I could see the top portion of my chart but not what I'm actually playing as it crossed the line. Not really game breaking but an annoyance nonetheless.
    Actually the same message box in the way of the chart happens if someone drops out of online mid song as well.
    I like being informed of things, but seeing my chart while I'm playing is the most important thing on the screen.
  • lxShadow87xllxShadow87xl Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Career is glitched. The thing i love most. I made a character i was unsatisfied with and started the story with. I made a new one my signature character Bad Gaga. Im offline playing with my brother his profile is an offline one. Im not gaining a single fan or progressing any farther but he is. I tried again and had my nephew join in he gained everything. This is not cool. I love the game to death but career is a downfall. It has no options delete band, start over, make new band, etc. I dont like the fact that when i play quickplay or play now i gain fans and progress when im playing by myself. My brother misses out on the story career mode. Please help need more options. Please. 360 version.
  • Xyber DeathXyber Death Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    When playing online with other people and one leaves, the fretboards slide in to their new place. That part I love. But the speed on the fretboard is now twice as fast than the regular speed. I like it because I want a faster breakneckspeed, but it's still a bug.
    edited October 2010
    jgomez80;4129410 said:
    Suggestion: I think it would be fantastic if it would tell you what tuning the song is played in at the start of the song - this would really assist the learning experience that pro mode brings.

Thanks!

Yes, this! Seeing a song title AFTER the song has started isn't very useful to the players. Maybe spectators if you have them.
  • MadDodMadDod Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I'd like to be able to switch instruments (with my profile following) without having to sign anyone out. My friends and I play "Round Robin Rock Band", where we rotate clockwise through the instruments (super-fun if you haven't tried it!), and I'd like to get my own achievements if I could.

Thanks!
  • mywhitenoisemywhitenoise Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Feature request for RB3
    Add a filter for “Review” songs. I would love to filter out those 1 star reviewed songs.

Add a save function for sorting. It’s annoying have to switch to “show by artist” every time I select quickplay.

Fix the guitar highway, so that it’s blue during solos (as in the previous games). This is probably the worst design choice ever. If HMX is intent on giving a highway color for streaks, make it purple.

Bring back the old hairstyles, faces and characters from RB2, and customizations. For example, on RB2 I used “Perfect Distress” for my legs, with a yellow belt...yellows not even an option for those pants this time around.

Add audience sing-a-longs to the RB3 songs. Add an option to remove it for those who don't like it.

Allow for 5 stand-ins. The keyboardist and bassist should share the stage together.

Fix the character models. If I want a lean character, he should look lean...not like Fabio (huge pecks, and tiny everything else). Not like a badly stuffed scarecrow.

Fix the vocal overdrive issue.

Fix the animations, sometimes movement is extremely fast paced, sometimes the microphone dances.

Feature requests for RB4
    Bring back World Tour, and keep the Challenges separate.

Bring back staff, crew, and currency.

Bring back the competitive modes for online.

Bring back multiple bands, and the ability to have online bands.

Bring back “attitudes” and “home towns”

Add guitar straps.
  • TyegasmTyegasm Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    For the PS3 version, sometimes when I play "Whip It", specifically on pro keys (I don't remember the difficulty) there's a part of the song where a loud, obnoxious and distorted sound interrupts for a second. This has happened a few times. I'm hoping this will will be fixed.

Also, for a 'little feature', I think that being able to choose your drum stick brand (Pro-Mark, Vic Firth, Vader, Ahead, Etc.) and/or color would be pretty neat, it would definitely add to the realism and customization. (We need more of that) :D

Thanks
    edited October 2010
    phil_cote;4122725 said:
    Hello,

I noticed that the crowd does not sing along tunes anymore, which is REALLY a shame, especially when playing in surround sound.

Why is that an omission this time around ? The extra work needed to add that might have been a trouble but boy it does add to the fun! My friends and I sometimes even all sang along with the crowd even though no one used the microphone.

Please, please, bring it back! If not possible, bring it back partly or progressively.

Thanks!

This isn't true, the crowd singing is based on the song & venue, I've noticed that it's still there in older songs RB / DLC. There may be a technical reason why they didn't put them in the new ones.
  • deebottedeebotte Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    MaxRenn82;4129354 said:
    Platform: Xbox 360

Game locks up sometimes during the animation that plays while a song is loadings. It's on the one where the two guys are dragging a crate onto or off the stage... .its always the same spot, but thankfully not everytime. Has done it probably 2 or 3 times.

My Xbox has only locked up twice and both times it was with the two guys rolling a box down/up a ramp. As I've only seen that animation twice, it is 100% lockup for me.
  • McWhiskersMcWhiskers Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    A couple Wii Bugs...

- When playing single player, any instrument, any song - if it goes to "music video" mode, my band disappears completely and all I'm left watching is the background. Surprisingly boring.

- Playing "Werewolves of London" on guitar - the sound of the guitar track was actually a couple beats behind the sound of the rest of the tracks. Very confusing. The gems didn't match up with the sound at all (NOT a calibration issue - the guitar track was literally out of place). I paused the game and when I went back it was synched up again. Not a problem for the rest of the song...but I don't want to have to do that every time.

- It always asks me if I want to save add-ons to the SD card when I start the game. Shouldn't that be a one-time yes or no question and the game saves my answer?

- An odd quirk of the music store - when you load it up for the first time all the song difficulty levels are there. But if you download a song, when you go back to the list of songs, all the difficulty levels are gone. It says that every song on every instrument available is level zero.

Unfortunately these are issues that don't deserve a recall (seeing Wii doesn't allow for patches), but has anyone else had these problems? Or did I get a faulty disc? The missing characters during the music video scenes really bum me out.
    edited October 2010
    Furry4Life;4128637 said:

6. When I hide songs, I don't want people in online quick play to be able to select them. Or, I want an option to make this happen.
    That won't ever happen, the reason why someone can select a hidden song, is because they have the song, and so do you. That would allow anyone to take control of what songs can and can't be played. Plus it's just a big nightmare of tracking that information... It won't ever happen for online... but it would be a nice feature, there's just too much room for abuse...
  • reddragon1991reddragon1991 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Ok where do we begin

Road Challenges: If you have a setlist you can design yourself, but with a restriction (for example: 70s only) you can just go to the sorting menu and change the restriction. Kinda pointless

Options: Why doesn't the game save my options? I have to turn on BS everytime I start playing, which is really annoying.

Vocals: Why are there no tamburin parts, when you play with harmonies?

Online: Here are the biggest problems. Why do I still have to go through all my 700+ just to realize, that me and the other players only have Metallica and A7x in common? Is it so hard to only show the songs, that everybody has? And what's up with the new song selection? Having everbody contributing to one list isn't such a bad idea, but the fact that you can add more than one song is bad. The fewest number of songs I had online so far were 3 songs, which is okay, but having setlist that are 9 songs long are just ridiculus.
  • darknight587darknight587 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Feature for any system:
    You have different breakneck speed settings for different instruments now and that is amazing in itself. But there still needs to be different video latency settings for different instruments. My wired drum kit is -20 ms compared to my wireless guitars. Makes mixing instruments impossible to get 100% on songs, when played locally.

Feature needing changed:
    The new highway path is too hard to pre-read, especially on breakneck speed. The way the notes phase in and are only completely visible once about half way down the highway makes it hard to process the notes.

Also a variable speed control for breakneck speed would be nice. With my preferences, without breakneck speed is so unbearably slow that the notes just look like clumps, with breakneck on the notes move so fast I end up missing just as many notes as I would with it turned off.
  • MetfanantMetfanant Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Multiple PSN log ins on the PS3...needs to happen