RB3 Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread (no song requests)

Comments

• folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2010
    mossman25;4131884 said:
    I really miss the ability to select a venue as in the first two rock bands. I miss it a lot. I like the new tour challenges, so that's fine, but I wish there was an ability to select a venue in Quick Play. Is there any way that function can be added? It could be set at random by default, which is essentially where it is now, or changed to a particular location. If you wanted to select a venue, a list could pop up by county / city / and then venue. This seems like an easy fix in a future update. Please? As small as this may seem, this is ruining my experience with the game to some degree.

I apologize if this issue has already been raised. The search function on this website is not working correctly for me, so I couldn't scan previous posts for this issue.
    RB3 boasts a lot of freedom of choice, I was surprised to find this missing. I would be exceptionally nice to pick where you want your band to play.
  • HeimlichHeimlich Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Bug report: I was playing online on PS3, quickplay. I was on vocals locally; drums, bass, and guitar were remote. We were playing a 3-song set. The second song was No One Knows. When it came on, the different stems in the audio were out of sync. The vocals, drums, and bass were all together, but the guitar track was lagging behind by about half a second. I asked the other players I was with if they'd heard the same problem, but everyone else said it was fine.

UPDATE: When the problem started happening repeatedly on other songs, I think I figured out what's causing it. It happens whenever the remote guitar player uses the whammy bar, and the pitch is still bent when the sustained note ends. The "make the note sound normal again" command isn't happening on my console. The guitar track continues to play with the pitch bent down, which also slows the speed down and makes it fall farther behind the other instruments. It seems as though when the guitarist whammies again, the track corrects itself.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!?!?!!!

I can't go to Shengi Stadium or whatever when I feel like?!!!

RAAAAAAAAGGEEEE-UUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!

My signature says it all.
  • HeimlichHeimlich Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Feature request: On my real electronic drum kit, there's only one crash cymbal , and it's positioned immediately right of the hi-hat (that is, between the hi-hat and ride). I wish there were a mod for pro-drums to "flop" the blue and green cymbals to match that layout of a drum kit. I'll be wishing for it even more when the Midi Pro Adapter is released -- I'm planning to use the kit in the game, and "unflopping" the blue and green cymbals on the fly will be quite a pain.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Starfleet_Rambo;4131935 said:
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!?!?!!!

I can't go to Shengi Stadium or whatever when I feel like?!!!

RAAAAAAAAGGEEEE-UUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!

My signature says it all.

So far you can't pick anyplace to go, so thats a bummer. Doubt a patch will fix this :(
  • greenzoid2greenzoid2 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I can't believe there is no bns in practice mode now!!!!!!!!! Even with breakneck speed I usually missed notes at 60% because they were so close together(only on faster solos though), but now it is completely un-usable. I have no idea why they wouldn't have this in game.
  • non_zeronon_zero Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    You can't play in a band online with keys, bass, and guitar (or offline without turning on All Instruments Mode).

I hope this is a bug, because if it's on purpose I really don't understand it at all. They're three different instruments.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited October 2010
    I can't play Afterlife in quickplay. I got this through the Track Pack vol.2. It says it's from the year 1900, it has no album name, and no album art. I can play it through challenges that have it in the list though.
  • LocketbladeLocketblade Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    A scenario:

Popping into online quickplay on drums, I find a guitarist and a keyboardist to play with. We each have a fair amount of DLC, so we choose some songs and begin. Two of the RB3 songs we nail, and we're having a good time.

The problem arises with the third song. It's some DLC, so it lacks the keyboard part. Our keyboardist just has to sit out now, watching the other two members have more fun.

The real problem is this: keyboard can't switch parts (or rather, it can't switch ROLES) in between songs in setlists. Heck, this is a small problem for guitar and bass too. If you choose an instrument, you're locked in the entire time. That can get pretty cumbersome when you want to play keyboards for the keyboard songs, but still want to at least play SOMETHING for the songs in between that are still awesome but just lacking in keyboards.

The proposed solution is this: With the new set up RB3 has, it can allow individual players to change their settings on the fly. So how about allowing players to switch to other currently un-played instruments between songs? At the very least, this allows for keyboards to still have some fun for the songs that don't quite cater to them. Could this allow for bass and guitar to switch temporarily between songs on a set, too? If implemented correctly, it could be a great benefit.

Even if that solution doesn't work, there has to be a way to still let the players have some fun even if the song doesn't have their instrument. Please find a way!
  • Dave_ThDave_Th Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Im sure this is in the list but I will repeat it here.

Vocal overdrive needs work, I have had to abandon my favorite mic (logitech vantage wireless) because it will not activate overdrive no matter what I do, My old school wired mic (logitech vantage) works most of the time but there are still some songs where it will not activate. I think it is tied to the lack of a sensitivity setting, but I'm just guessing.
  • Mkm73Mkm73 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Suggestion:
    When you switch your profile to a different instrument, if you've created a character, select it automatically. Manually picking your character every time you change instrument is tiresome.

Also, it took us a while to realise where our characters were (it is not intuitive to push up at what appears to be the top of the character list to access the user created characters).
  • Mkm73Mkm73 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Bug
    Xbox 360
    Random freeze while browsing the cheeks section in the character creation menu...had to reboot.
  • jmohr1jmohr1 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Bugs?

1. I cannot sing into one mic without my voice being picked up on the other two no matter where they're positioned in the room (about a 12x17 room), and it seems to pick the playback from the speakers unless the volume is very low (like almost inaudible. Am I completely missing the mic sensitivity setting or is it gone?

2. This one could be just my old mic (from the RB1 bundle), but it works great in every other music game, on other systems, and on my pc. On RB3, more than half the time, it isn't even detected as being plugged in (usb ports are fine, and I've tried all 5), and when it does work, it's very sporadic (as in the vocal arrow will blink off at least 2-3 times a minute.)

3. Is there any way to save mic volume settings (or sort by options), and if not, is this a design choice or a bug

* I'm sure in the million pages these have been mentioned already. And I'm playing on 360
  • feistersfeisters Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    System: PS3

Song: Need you Tonight - INXS (easy Pro Keys) Can't remember the second song but it was Keys too.

Bug:

Super freaking loud star wars type swoosh/sweep filter kinda sound that hapened to me twice while playing keyboard parts. Haven't noticed any pattern to it, just seems random.

The sound is excessively loud compared to the audio outputted by the game. I can easily foresee cases where people will damage or bust their speakers if their stereo is near max level when it happens.

Not sure if it's been posted here before, I dont have the patience to go through the 35 pages of this thread, but it's happening to a couple of people right now.
    This gamefaqs thread is about that same bug.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971479-rock-band-3/56912440
  • jmohr1jmohr1 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    1. I cannot sing into one mic without my voice being picked up on the other two no matter where they're positioned in the room (about a 12x17 room), and it seems to pick the playback from the speakers unless the volume is very low (like almost inaudible. Am I completely missing the mic sensitivity setting or is it gone?

2. This one could be just my old mic (from the RB1 bundle), but it works great in every other music game, on other systems, and on my pc. On RB3, more than half the time, it isn't even detected as being plugged in (usb ports are fine, and I've tried all 5), and when it does work, it's very sporadic (as in the vocal arrow will blink off at least 2-3 times a minute.)

3. Is there any way to save mic volume settings (or sort by options), and if not, is this a design choice or a bug

* I'm sure in the million pages these have been mentioned already. And I'm playing on 360
  • WhiplashWhiplash Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    BlinKnDasH;4131646 said:
    OK... Am I wrong, but HOW do you play pro guitar without the pro guitar being released (I've noticed a few posted scores on the leaderboards and this is killing me). As far as I am concerned the 1st pro guitar is to be released on 11/15... But correct me if I am wrong...:confused:

I preordered from the MadCatz store last Friday when I heard from a dude on another forum that their brother had called them and they said they had a shipment in. I figured 'what the hell?" and preordered it. It got here yesterday. Worth the $150 imo but your mileage may vary. Only problems I have with it are slides are really hard to do and the uniform width of the 'strings' makes it really hard to tell which 'string' you're on.

The tutorials are great, though. Used them for about an hour and completed the first 3 or 4 pro guitar goals, promptly went on to get 93% on Beautiful People, expert. Not the hardest song, but the sense of accomplishment was HUGE. Can't wait for the Fender!
  • feistersfeisters Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    System: PS3

Song: Need you Tonight - INXS (easy Pro Keys) Can't remember the second song but it was Keys too.

Bug:

Super freaking loud star wars type swoosh/sweep filter kinda sound that hapened to me twice while playing keyboard parts. Haven't noticed any pattern to it, just seems random.

The sound is excessively loud compared to the audio outputted by the game. I can easily foresee cases where people will damage or bust their speakers if their stereo is near max level when it happens.

Not sure if it's been posted here before, I dont have the patience to go through the 35 pages of this thread, but it's happening to a couple of people right now.
    This gamefaqs thread is about that same bug.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971479-rock-band-3/56912440
  • kirby-eats-youkirby-eats-you Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    PS3
    Road Challenge mode
    Shaky vocal arrow. Yep, it's back.
    Song was Yomp. So just like RB2 (so far) it seems it only occurs in older songs (It always happened in RB2 for Wanted Dead or Alive).
  • TyrindorTyrindor Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Feature request:

Ability to filter songs you've already purchased in the music store.
  • PseudomaniacPseudomaniac Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Glitch
    Training Mode
    Pro Keys

I left the game on and went up to dinner. When I came back down, the controller had automatically shut itself off like it was supposed to. Then when I reconnected it, none of the keys would work. Bang on them all I will, they would not work. I reset the system and they worked again.
  • madcap1972madcap1972 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    PS3

Overdrive is impossible. I hurt my chest just trying to get it to work and may only get it 1 or 2 times.
    Also the talking parts of songs don't seem to register. was just doing Centerfold by jay gails and it was not picking up talking or yelling for that matter. tried it with 3 different people and 2 different mics.
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Glitch: Your Website

I understand that linking the game to my profile on here is not set up. there's an option to link to FACEBOOK though, and when I click it, I get an error page that wont allow me to get back onto rockband.com. I thought that maybe your website was done. I started to get some forum message notifications though. I had to clear out some cookies to get the site to work. Maybe you can disable this button until it is working propperly to prevent more confusion?
  • deLyricaldeLyrical Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    The game is unplayable online multiplayer on PS3. I was able to stay connected to the servers tonight, which is a plus... however when trying to play online multiplayer we had the following problems:

I was host, and my game crashed and exited to the XMB 3 times. Two other players each had at least one crash.
    We could not finish more than one song in a setlist without a player getting disconnected from the session. This happened at least 10 times and we finally gave up.
    The difficulty selection screen showed that players picked easy when they really picked expert difficulty.

Although the game has many great features, we can't seem to play it without continuous problems, disconnects, game crashes etc. Please fix?
  • ThunderyOysterThunderyOyster Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    System: Xbox 360
    The game won't let me play with two guitars, a keyboard, and vocals. I can only have four players if I use drums instead of vocals. The screen says that no controller is connected, though my Xbox says otherwise. It may well have been brought up, but I guess I'll add another to the tally of people having this problem.
  • WhiplashWhiplash Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    ThunderyOyster;4132487 said:
    The game won't let me play with two guitars, a keyboard, and vocals. I can only have four players if I use drums instead of vocals. The screen says that no controller is connected, though my Xbox says otherwise. It may well have been brought up, but I guess I'll add another to the tally of people having this problem.

It's by design AFAIK. In regular mode, the game's four slots are locked; vocals, drums, and two for guitar/bass/keys. Turning on all instruments mode changes the vocals slot to another guitar/bass/keys slot and enables vocals by default. The only downside is you can't play online in AIM, probably because you would have multiple people with vocals enabled joining one game and it would make the universe explode.

I dunno if the four locked slots thing is by design or a limitation of the original RB engine that the game was built off. Probably the latter.

This is all speculation and guesswork on my part but it holds up if you think about it.
  • XacharyCrossXacharyCross Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    System - Playstation 3

Bug : Odd temporary freeze/lag skip in singleplaye guitarr. It doesn't seem related to any particular song, though it popped up on Swingin' Utters - This Bastard's Life, and the Jimmy Eat World 02 pack more than once per song. The highway just freezes and seems to ignore the guitar input for moment, not extended, but enough to miss 2 or more notes in alt-strum sections. While doing road challenges.

Feature Request - The music store's awesome and all, and doesn't seem prone to constant connection loss that made the RB2 one useless (for me anyhow), but doesn't seem to have any Cart mechanism that I can find for grabbing multiple downloads at a time without going through the whole checkout dialogs on each one.
  • ThunderyOysterThunderyOyster Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Whiplash;4132552 said:
    It's by design AFAIK. In regular mode, the game's four slots are locked; vocals, drums, and two for guitar/bass/keys. Turning on all instruments mode changes the vocals slot to another guitar/bass/keys slot and enables vocals by default. The only downside is you can't play online in AIM, probably because you would have multiple people with vocals enabled joining one game and it would make the universe explode.

I dunno if the four locked slots thing is by design or a limitation of the original RB engine that the game was built off. Probably the latter.

This is all speculation and guesswork on my part but it holds up if you think about it.

It would sorta make sense. I still think it may be a bug, or at least something that could be changed.
  • NotoriousGNotoriousG Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This a problem also with ps3 version, the games crashes in between the cut scenes before the song begins often. Also the mic pulsating glitch. The online seems to be too much like the beetle which isn't a bad thing accept there is no score duel and the lack of other online features we've expected to be improved that rb 2 had : /
  • DisconnecktieDisconnecktie Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Glitch

Song: Underoath - Writing on the Walls Pro Drums Expert

The song doesn't have the disco flip option set up properly. The cymbal is still red and the snare shows up as yellow cymbal in the parts of the song that were charted that way for standard expert.
  • WimbernutsWimbernuts Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    PS3

All vocal issues:

1) Overdrive is a joke. Many road challenges are literally impossible to beat because they require OD activation. I just tried unsuccessfully to activate it on 3 different songs.

2) Shaky arrow. Yep, nice to see you again.

3) Broken talkies. Oh, I see you made your return with Mr. Arrow. Well, you both can go to hell.

So to summarize, when singing my arrow is all over the place, I can't activate OD, and some talkies don't work. Other than that I have no complaints.:(

I have tried multiple audio and vocal settings & combinations but the problems persist. Very disheartened and frustrated.