RB3 Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread (no song requests)

Comments

• PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    System: Xbox 360

I've only played a few songs, but it seems that the changing of highway color is removed for solos. I would love for this to come back or even make it a modifier or something.

(Not sure if this was mention and I didn't want to sort through 38 pages)
  • bengalcp09bengalcp09 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    The last thing I'll say about the fretboard, it's not just the notes that are harder to see, the lines that mark the beats and measures because they are thin to begin are now very hard to see due to the transparency. That makes the notes that much harder to hit because it's harder to see in real time the rhythm that the patterns take. Especially on phrases that should start with an upstrum so the downstrum is on the downbeat because the notes are close enough that the measure and beat lines are what keep you in time. it's hard as hell to tell what's a 16th note and what's a sextuplet. What starts on the "a" of 2 and what starts on the downbeat of 3. When you have as many songs as a lot of people have, these songs aren't memorized. The playing is glorified sightreading even if you've played it a few times. It's like reading sheet music with only dots and no stems.
  • Joseph P. DogJoseph P. Dog Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    The space allotted for custom art on the guitars and face of the characters is abysmal. For the guitars/bass there's really no point as the space given isn't much more than what your character's hand covers while playing them. As trivial as this seems, as someone who took the time to deck out my instruments intricately, and cannot recreate even one of my previous guitars, it is a huge disappointment.

Also, even without the space constraint, there doesn't seem to be a way to add artwork to an instrument unless it is left in the default color. Any attempts to repaint it before adding art results in getting kicked back out to the prior menu screen after the color is chosen, and upon re-entering, the gear is back to default since you technically don't 'buy' it anymore.

And I agree with everyone who's bringing up the 2 missing DLC tracks (Alex/Rock n Roll Star), a statement needs to be made to the purchasers, there's been way too much ignore it and hope it goes away behavior for I can't remember how long. It is not a good way to treat your customer base. As someone who has close to 700 DLC selections, you can certainly bet that even 1 track going missing is going to influence my purchasing decisions. The export losses, fine, I get that, no control... But DLC was always said to be across the platform.

The main gameplay is great, but there are so many negative little things that my enjoyment of the game as a whole suffers.

And who thought 1 band per profile was a good thing???
  • MurraytehSkullMurraytehSkull Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    The online multiplayer is about as unintuitive as I've ever seen. It might be a good system, but unless you can talk to the other players it gets confusing fast.

Also the solo markings just baffle me. We had the same style markings for 5 games, and now they change it. I keep missing notes because I can't tell the solo part is over.
  • MaxRenn82MaxRenn82 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    deebotte;4130657 said:
    My Xbox has only locked up twice and both times it was with the two guys rolling a box down/up a ramp. As I've only seen that animation twice, it is 100% lockup for me.

edit: Ok, I installed the game to my harddrive, saw the loading screen on drums and it was fine. Saw it on keyboard and it locked up again. The other two times it locked up I was on keyboard as well. Quickplay, sorted by keyboard songs and in difficulty order.
    Yea.. forgot to mention that my game was installed to the harddrive when this happened. The only way I've played it. It's seemingly random how it locks up, but on another note I had the exact same problem with Green Day: Rock Band.
    edited October 2010
    MurraytehSkull;4133080 said:
    The online multiplayer is about as unintuitive as I've ever seen. It might be a good system, but unless you can talk to the other players it gets confusing fast.

Also the solo markings just baffle me. We had the same style markings for 5 games, and now they change it. I keep missing notes because I can't tell the solo part is over.

If you go under "My Goals" and go down the the Guitar challenges, then into the guitar solos challenges. Hit the blue button and select whatever song you want to play. If you choose the songs that way it still gives you the solo%. I think that was what you were referring to anyway.
  • tndrwarrior77tndrwarrior77 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I can't believe there aren't anymore posts than there are regferring to the freeze glitch on the ramp cutscene. This is obviously the most disrupting and untolerable bug in the game. I can't have it doing this so many times and wait for the game to turn back on and load all my dlc. It's happened to me 5 times in the last few days. One time it froze the other 4 it quit the game on its own. All being right after the ramp cut scene. I play on PS3. This needs to be patched ASAP
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I have had the game since launch day and I put in 9 hours or so of play the first day. And yeah I got the ramp cut scene glitch. Havent had it again since
    That scene is the only thing that has frozen my game and even then its not 100% because on the other hand ive watched that same scene plenty of times in full by now
    hmmm
    edited October 2010
    Hopefully this one will be easily patched... Sorry for others' trouble but glad I'm not alone I guess.
    edited October 2010

edited October 2010
    MaxRenn82;4133102 said:
    If you go under "My Goals" and go down the the Guitar challenges, then into the guitar solos challenges. Hit the blue button and select whatever song you want to play. If you choose the songs that way it still gives you the solo%. I think that was what you were referring to anyway.

No, I meant more that I would like the blue background, or something else more visible than a slight glow on the outside to signify where the solos are. The blue glow just kinda fades away, no obvious end mark that you can see while the notes race by on expert. It shouldn't matter what mode it's in, it never mattered in the previous games. I can't see any reason to have changed it like this.
  • XBlade1XXBlade1X Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Fix the stand ins please. I can't assign who I want to play what instrument, and even after I set all of my stand ins, and chose my character, I keep getting some random pre-made character joining my band during cut scenes and replacing one of my stand ins. I dont know what the hell is going on...

But things like this annoy me. Trying to make games more "user friendly" or "accessible" and just end up making it HARDER and FAR MORE FRUSTRATING to make the band how I want it.

Seriously.. if someone knows how to start up a console, put a disc in, and boot it up, I am pretty sure they can figure out what little instrument symbols next to a characters name would mean..

And what happened to the career mode? what happened to wanting to make us feel like we are in a band rising from rags to riches? you nailed the cut scenes, but apart from that, I don't feel like I am a part of the band like I did in Rock Band 2, its just linear list after linear list this time, and we don't even earn money to spend anymore.

I'd just go back to Rock Band 2 if future DLC was backwards compatible, unfortunately it isn't, So I guess I'm stuck with "Rock Band Lite" until Rock Band 4 comes out.

We aren't all music noobs, Harmonix.. Do you even care about your fans anymore?

Do you care about the people who CHANGED OVER to your games, because you gave us MORE CHOICE and MORE CUSTOMIZATION than the other games?

Now you are just taking that away from us and changing what we loved about your games, which is the same mistake GH made and now it completely fails.

FIX YOUR GAME. ITS MEANT TO BE FUN, NOT FRUSTRATING TO THE POINT WHERE I DON'T EVEN WANT TO PLAY IT ANYMORE.
  • studman7studman7 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    The transparent fretboard issue really takes the fun out of the game. My eyes struggle to focus on the notes with all the crazy animations behind them. This is REALLY frustrating. On some songs that I've been playing for literally years on this platform, I'm suddenly missing notes where I never did and my scores are suffering. It is much harder to learn new songs with closely spaced notes because I simply can't see them in time to make sense of them. Not fun. Please patch this, or I will go back to Rock Band 2 (and stop buying new DLC). Thanks.

Or as another polite commenter put it:

1. THE ****ING FRET BOARD TRANSPARENCY! Jesus ****ing christ! People have been requesting this since the dawn of time, and you still haven't done it because you want your glitched out, seizure-inducing visuals to take priority. Well, the players don't. They haven't. They've been telling you they haven't. So why does it look like it's actually more see-through in Rock Band 3? Either just fix it, or make an option in the modifiers that can be selected. It's five seconds of programming. I will do it for you if you want. People will even pay for it. Seriously; I almost failed a song it's so bad in this game. Like, honestly, I think the last time I failed a song was a sight read of Constant Motion. Just completely ridiculous to not have done this by now.
  • tman692tman692 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Something really frustrating: When playing locally or online with BNS on, if a player decides to back out and the track moves over so it's just you playing the scrolling speed becomes incredibly fast. Like 2x as fast making it really hard to keep up with. It should just remain the same after someone leaves its obviously a bug. Fix please :D
  • GiganteaRosaGiganteaRosa Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Just character customization [bodily wise] after they have been made is the only thing I can really suggest. I need to delve deeper into the game to really get at some other things I'd like to see placed in.
  • sanyosanyo Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    The new song sorting options are very cool... but most of the time I don't want to be very specific (for now) unless I'm playing keys. I'd like to just be able to hit select to get the normal RB2 sorting (decade, genre, etc.) Maybe have a quick hit of select do that, and holding select for a bit open up the "advanced options" menu? It'd be quicker to sort by rapidly tapping select than open up the menu and manually scroll to the option I want, then back out to the library again. Hope that's specific enough and no one's covered it already!

EDIT: I just remembered... I started doing some of the learning mode for PRO Keys. I haven't gotten too far, so I'm not sure if it's covered down the line or not, although I know it isn't in song-specific learning mode, but there are no tips for which fingers to hit notes with. I know Pro guitar/bass has this to some extent, because I've seen video of it. Is this in fact missing from the keys tutorials? If so, why? Wouldn't it be safe to say that more people are picking/going to pick up the keyboard than either of the guitars?
    I have a feeling that if I knew which fingers to use it would at least slightly help me play pro mode more accurately.

Yet another edit! Last one for today I promise. ;)
    DeadManDrumming;4132836 said:
    Update drum freestyle: Add a TON more kits as well as "hmx" made songs similar to the training/menu screen to play along too.

Add a Keyboard freestyle mode with different "KB sounds".
    In addition to this, allow me to pick individual sounds from the different kits to use in drum fills. I noticed how there are different kits for the fills depending on the song, which is neat, I'll admit. But I'd much rather be able to choose my own sounds at will.
  • Filthy PeteFilthy Pete Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Presence Data to be used in the PS3 version please!!!!!
  • RockBandProDrumsRockBandProDrums Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    jakecarlson;4127275 said:
    3) Add rating filter/sorting.

I meant "review filter," as in I'd like to be able to not show songs I review lower than 3 lighters, etc.
  • DarkSaviorDarkSavior Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I'm on the XBox 360, and have the game installed onto the hard drive.

I played quickplay on keys, with keys filter on and sorted by difficulty. Got the loading animation with the guys loading up a box on the ramp, and game froze.
  • DumileDumile Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Take the Crowd noise out of Drum Freestyle mode! I hate it sooooo much. The crowd options in the menu don't turn it down in freestyle mode. Fit it to allow it to be turned all the way down. Pleeeeeeeaaaaasseeeee...omg

would be cool to allow the mics to work in freestyle drum mode too.
  • Mike_SandbagMike_Sandbag Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I'll second the request for two-toned hairstyles. Also being able to access multiple profiles at the same time so we can use up to 40 characters at once would be great. :) I love my characters and want to make many more! :)

Thanks, Harmonix.

P.S. I really like the new "Harmonix" little whisper logo magic sounding thing when you start the game. :)
  • RockBandProDrumsRockBandProDrums Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    A couple more feature requests now that I've played the game solo and with friends:

1) Add option to automatically go to next song in a setlist after 5 seconds (like in RB2). This would be great for parties to have people drop in and out while keeping the music constantly going. The autoplay could be disabled if anyone presses a button other than green.

2) Tone down the background animations and/or increase the fretboard opacity. The flashy backgrounds are just annoying and mess people up.

3) Allow changing instruments any time (or at least between songs in a setlist).

I play Pro Drums, but when I switch instruments with someone else in the middle of a setlist, we have to back all the way out so that he/she can switch to regular drums. This would also be useful for a keyboardist that has to play a guitar / bass part on certain songs. It also sucks that the guitarist / bassist can't switch off playing guitar in the middle of a setlist so that one isn't stuck playing bass for the entire thing.

If changing the entire instrument is not possible, at least allow for toggling pro vs. non-pro modes any time. I understand that the game treats pro vs. non-pro charts as essentially separate instruments, but the game could hide that by simply allowing the user to select the general instrument (e.g., "Guitar", "Bass", "Keys", "Drums", & "Vocals") and then having the ability to toggle "Pro Mode" any time between or during a song.
  • Falcon8xFalcon8x Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I just wish more hairstyles had multi color options like they did in RB2.
  • Sonic_FanSonic_Fan Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    For PS3, I'd love to request a feature.

Live presence data on the XMB.

I want to see what songs my friends are playing just like on the 360 version. All I see is just "Rock Band 3" which tells me nothing on what my friends are doing in the game. Please consider this. I know a lot of people want this feature added in and I'd love it if you took this into consideration, Harmonix.
  • pawno-pawno- Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Apologies if the issue has already been raised in this thread but....Harmonix can you pretty pretty please bring back audience sing-a-longs!

Based on some of the other complaints here, this may be a non issue for some, but I feel this is a really integral component of the whole "Rock Band" experience, adding immensely to the live gig feel. I love most of the changes you've made in RB3, but this isn't one of them.

It would be super awesome if you could patch it back in with an option to turn it on or off. If you can't, I'm going to be forced to make unreasonable requests on my friends and family to come over to my place and sing-a-long while I rock out!!!
  • Sonic_FanSonic_Fan Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    that's another complaint I had with the Rock Band 3 setlist. A lot of the Rock Band 3 setlist just beg for crowd singalongs and I was so disappointed to find out that NONE of the Rock Band 3 setlist have them. After the awesome crowd singalongs that were in the past two Rock Band games (Even in DLC), it's disheartening to find out that that they're not present for the RB 3 setlist. To me, it's one of the BIG things that differentiates Rock Band from Guitar Hero and personally, it's my favorite feature in Rock Band. Nothing is more amazing than hearing the crowd sing to songs when you're playing good. Unfortunately, I don't think they can add them to the Rock Band 3 setlist, so we're probably at a loss. :(
  • pawno-pawno- Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Apologies if the issue has already been raised in this thread but....Harmonix can you pretty pretty please bring back audience sing-a-longs!

Based on some of the other complaints here, this may be a non issue for some, but I feel this is a really integral component of the whole "Rock Band" experience, adding immensely to the live gig feel. I love most of the changes you've made in RB3, but this isn't one of them.

It would be super awesome if you could patch it back in with an option to turn it on or off. If you can't, I'm going to be forced to make unreasonable requests on my friends and family to come over to my place and sing-a-long while I rock out!!!
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited October 2010
    i have 2 requests

1. Whats up with making it easier to fail? In RB2 I cold pass Caprici, Guitars Suck, GG&HT, ect. But in RB3 I frekin fail an Elton John song over and over? And no the "more overdrive" is not a "solution" to this...I can almost guarantee that the "fix" you did by making it easier to fail will decrease the amount RB3 is played at my parties which in turn means a vast decrease in DLC sales to me.

2. These forums suck.....plain and simple. They are squished, theres so much room on either side thats totally unused. They are slow, they are ugly and they hard to read. Plus when Im signed in it wont let me make a comment till I sign in again, but it always says my password is wrong and wont let me, so EVERY time I want to comment I have to hit the sign out button at the top, sign out, hit the sign in button at the top and sign in again...EVERY time I want to post.

EDIT...one more

3. Please.........for the love of everything that is good in the world, bring back the blue "solo" indicator...I have no idea why you would take this out...its small but for some reason it decreases the fun of songs...I miss it.
  • esquehillesquehill Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    On wii,
    The background animations are too vivid and bright, and make it more difficult to see the notes early on the note highway. I know it can't be fixed now, but just add my vote to the folks who have already pointed out this problem in previous posts. It's gets to really be a problem with multiple players.
  • DaddyODaddyO Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I still hear audience sing alongs. What type of sound system do you have? I have a 7:1 channel system. The sing alongs are definitely coming from the rear surround, so if you have it set on stereo mode, maybe you can't hear them.

As to the transparency of the note highways, I noted while playing with my wife last night that the bass highway is not as transparent as the guitar. She is on bass and I am on guitar, so the difference was definitely comparable and noticeable. I will also add that we got our 50" plasma tv back from repair yesterday (damn Panasonic tv has been in the shop for literally 3 months while the part was on backorder) and with the larger tv, it is less a problem. Maybe HMX didn't test this new 'feature' on all range of sizes of tvs?