RB3 Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread (no song requests)

Comments

• tman692tman692 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Something really frustrating: When playing locally or online with BNS on, if a player decides to back out and the track moves over so it's just you playing the scrolling speed becomes incredibly fast. Like 2x as fast making it really hard to keep up with. It should just remain the same after someone leaves its obviously a bug. Fix please :D
  • GiganteaRosaGiganteaRosa Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Just character customization [bodily wise] after they have been made is the only thing I can really suggest. I need to delve deeper into the game to really get at some other things I'd like to see placed in.
  • sanyosanyo Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    The new song sorting options are very cool... but most of the time I don't want to be very specific (for now) unless I'm playing keys. I'd like to just be able to hit select to get the normal RB2 sorting (decade, genre, etc.) Maybe have a quick hit of select do that, and holding select for a bit open up the "advanced options" menu? It'd be quicker to sort by rapidly tapping select than open up the menu and manually scroll to the option I want, then back out to the library again. Hope that's specific enough and no one's covered it already!

EDIT: I just remembered... I started doing some of the learning mode for PRO Keys. I haven't gotten too far, so I'm not sure if it's covered down the line or not, although I know it isn't in song-specific learning mode, but there are no tips for which fingers to hit notes with. I know Pro guitar/bass has this to some extent, because I've seen video of it. Is this in fact missing from the keys tutorials? If so, why? Wouldn't it be safe to say that more people are picking/going to pick up the keyboard than either of the guitars?
    I have a feeling that if I knew which fingers to use it would at least slightly help me play pro mode more accurately.

Yet another edit! Last one for today I promise. ;)
    DeadManDrumming;4132836 said:
    Update drum freestyle: Add a TON more kits as well as "hmx" made songs similar to the training/menu screen to play along too.

Add a Keyboard freestyle mode with different "KB sounds".
    In addition to this, allow me to pick individual sounds from the different kits to use in drum fills. I noticed how there are different kits for the fills depending on the song, which is neat, I'll admit. But I'd much rather be able to choose my own sounds at will.
  • Filthy PeteFilthy Pete Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Presence Data to be used in the PS3 version please!!!!!
  • RockBandProDrumsRockBandProDrums Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    jakecarlson;4127275 said:
    3) Add rating filter/sorting.

I meant "review filter," as in I'd like to be able to not show songs I review lower than 3 lighters, etc.
  • DarkSaviorDarkSavior Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I'm on the XBox 360, and have the game installed onto the hard drive.

I played quickplay on keys, with keys filter on and sorted by difficulty. Got the loading animation with the guys loading up a box on the ramp, and game froze.
  • DumileDumile Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Take the Crowd noise out of Drum Freestyle mode! I hate it sooooo much. The crowd options in the menu don't turn it down in freestyle mode. Fit it to allow it to be turned all the way down. Pleeeeeeeaaaaasseeeee...omg

would be cool to allow the mics to work in freestyle drum mode too.
  • Mike_SandbagMike_Sandbag Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I'll second the request for two-toned hairstyles. Also being able to access multiple profiles at the same time so we can use up to 40 characters at once would be great. :) I love my characters and want to make many more! :)

Thanks, Harmonix.

P.S. I really like the new "Harmonix" little whisper logo magic sounding thing when you start the game. :)
  • RockBandProDrumsRockBandProDrums Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    A couple more feature requests now that I've played the game solo and with friends:

1) Add option to automatically go to next song in a setlist after 5 seconds (like in RB2). This would be great for parties to have people drop in and out while keeping the music constantly going. The autoplay could be disabled if anyone presses a button other than green.

2) Tone down the background animations and/or increase the fretboard opacity. The flashy backgrounds are just annoying and mess people up.

3) Allow changing instruments any time (or at least between songs in a setlist).

I play Pro Drums, but when I switch instruments with someone else in the middle of a setlist, we have to back all the way out so that he/she can switch to regular drums. This would also be useful for a keyboardist that has to play a guitar / bass part on certain songs. It also sucks that the guitarist / bassist can't switch off playing guitar in the middle of a setlist so that one isn't stuck playing bass for the entire thing.

If changing the entire instrument is not possible, at least allow for toggling pro vs. non-pro modes any time. I understand that the game treats pro vs. non-pro charts as essentially separate instruments, but the game could hide that by simply allowing the user to select the general instrument (e.g., "Guitar", "Bass", "Keys", "Drums", & "Vocals") and then having the ability to toggle "Pro Mode" any time between or during a song.
  • Falcon8xFalcon8x Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I just wish more hairstyles had multi color options like they did in RB2.
  • Sonic_FanSonic_Fan Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    For PS3, I'd love to request a feature.

Live presence data on the XMB.

I want to see what songs my friends are playing just like on the 360 version. All I see is just "Rock Band 3" which tells me nothing on what my friends are doing in the game. Please consider this. I know a lot of people want this feature added in and I'd love it if you took this into consideration, Harmonix.
  • pawno-pawno- Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Apologies if the issue has already been raised in this thread but....Harmonix can you pretty pretty please bring back audience sing-a-longs!

Based on some of the other complaints here, this may be a non issue for some, but I feel this is a really integral component of the whole "Rock Band" experience, adding immensely to the live gig feel. I love most of the changes you've made in RB3, but this isn't one of them.

It would be super awesome if you could patch it back in with an option to turn it on or off. If you can't, I'm going to be forced to make unreasonable requests on my friends and family to come over to my place and sing-a-long while I rock out!!!
  • Sonic_FanSonic_Fan Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    that's another complaint I had with the Rock Band 3 setlist. A lot of the Rock Band 3 setlist just beg for crowd singalongs and I was so disappointed to find out that NONE of the Rock Band 3 setlist have them. After the awesome crowd singalongs that were in the past two Rock Band games (Even in DLC), it's disheartening to find out that that they're not present for the RB 3 setlist. To me, it's one of the BIG things that differentiates Rock Band from Guitar Hero and personally, it's my favorite feature in Rock Band. Nothing is more amazing than hearing the crowd sing to songs when you're playing good. Unfortunately, I don't think they can add them to the Rock Band 3 setlist, so we're probably at a loss. :(
  • pawno-pawno- Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Apologies if the issue has already been raised in this thread but....Harmonix can you pretty pretty please bring back audience sing-a-longs!

Based on some of the other complaints here, this may be a non issue for some, but I feel this is a really integral component of the whole "Rock Band" experience, adding immensely to the live gig feel. I love most of the changes you've made in RB3, but this isn't one of them.

It would be super awesome if you could patch it back in with an option to turn it on or off. If you can't, I'm going to be forced to make unreasonable requests on my friends and family to come over to my place and sing-a-long while I rock out!!!
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited October 2010
    i have 2 requests

1. Whats up with making it easier to fail? In RB2 I cold pass Caprici, Guitars Suck, GG&HT, ect. But in RB3 I frekin fail an Elton John song over and over? And no the "more overdrive" is not a "solution" to this...I can almost guarantee that the "fix" you did by making it easier to fail will decrease the amount RB3 is played at my parties which in turn means a vast decrease in DLC sales to me.

2. These forums suck.....plain and simple. They are squished, theres so much room on either side thats totally unused. They are slow, they are ugly and they hard to read. Plus when Im signed in it wont let me make a comment till I sign in again, but it always says my password is wrong and wont let me, so EVERY time I want to comment I have to hit the sign out button at the top, sign out, hit the sign in button at the top and sign in again...EVERY time I want to post.

EDIT...one more

3. Please.........for the love of everything that is good in the world, bring back the blue "solo" indicator...I have no idea why you would take this out...its small but for some reason it decreases the fun of songs...I miss it.
  • esquehillesquehill Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    On wii,
    The background animations are too vivid and bright, and make it more difficult to see the notes early on the note highway. I know it can't be fixed now, but just add my vote to the folks who have already pointed out this problem in previous posts. It's gets to really be a problem with multiple players.
  • DaddyODaddyO Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I still hear audience sing alongs. What type of sound system do you have? I have a 7:1 channel system. The sing alongs are definitely coming from the rear surround, so if you have it set on stereo mode, maybe you can't hear them.

As to the transparency of the note highways, I noted while playing with my wife last night that the bass highway is not as transparent as the guitar. She is on bass and I am on guitar, so the difference was definitely comparable and noticeable. I will also add that we got our 50" plasma tv back from repair yesterday (damn Panasonic tv has been in the shop for literally 3 months while the part was on backorder) and with the larger tv, it is less a problem. Maybe HMX didn't test this new 'feature' on all range of sizes of tvs?
  • MADZEN81MADZEN81 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    There seems to be a bug on the PS3 where the screen goes black and boots you to XMB as if you had quit the qame. I was playing with a friend and it happened to him as well, so I know it's a game issue and not a system issue. Thank You
  • PJ24PJ24 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Hey, just got my Rock Band 3 game for PS3 today and the doors DLC and the export pack are not downloading, For both it goes to the PS store screen, I click confirm then it just says 'no content here'. Any word on how to fix this?
  • scrotusscrotus Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Bug report
    System: PS3
    Road Challenge 1, 3rd set, Classic Mystery Setlist, Expert Guitar

I started the last setlist on the first road challenge playing guitar and the first song was Imagine. Not guitar part. So I sat there for 3 minutes doing nothing, gaining no stars/spades. 100% of 0 is still 0.

Would be nice if the game could filter out songs with no parts for the instruments you are using. I assume this would happen more often with keys.
  • BlinKnDasHBlinKnDasH Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    RockBandProDrums;4133560 said:
    A couple more feature requests now that I've played the game solo and with friends:

2) Tone down the background animations and/or increase the fretboard opacity. The flashy backgrounds are just annoying and mess people up.

I second that! I'm so blind it's scary!

Love the game. Some songs are going to take a LOOOONG time to master or even pass though LOL.
  • orioles35orioles35 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    In reading these posts and going through two sessions of set up on RB3, I'm disappointed by the profiles/band. Each profile (and apparently on the Wii we're limited to four, yet up to seven people can play????) has it's own band. It seems that things are more set up now for individual accomplishments, rather than band accomplishments. My suggestion:

All profiles (we have a family of five, so I'm not sure what we'll end up doing) can join the same band.
    When playing as a band, you obviously have a combined band score that includes some bonuses based off of members of the band performance.
    At the same time, INDIVIDUAL scores and accomplishments should also be tracked, so while you're playing in the band, you can earn accomplishments at the same time. Yes, this would mean tracking the band score and the individual scores (without the band bonuses) separately. So in other words, my playing solo and my playing in a band should be the same as far as my scores/achievements.

I'm going to have to break it to the kids that they can't be in the same band and we've talked about this already, even with maybe getting shirts made and stuff like that. :-)
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Falcon8x;4133579 said:
    I just wish more hairstyles had multi color options like they did in RB2.
    I will continue to back this one up! PLEASE!!
  • Grybo101Grybo101 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Xbox 360, Pro Drums, every song where applicable

1.) In most (if not all) DLC, it seems like Harmonix just threw in cymbals totally in place of yellow and blue toms, leaving tom parts completely out of the song.

2.) When someone drops out online, the window that tells you so takes up the entire track leaving us blind to playing the song.

3.) When playing online, players should take turns choosing a song, rather than throwing several songs into a never ending setlist.

4.) Songs in a setlist should only be able to be picked once.

5.) Tell people how to start the game online.
  • IBKIBKIBKIBK Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Wii:

You can't play online in Wii, Simple as that. The online play is a *****. Instead of characters playing, you see reflective backgrounds and you can't barely see the notes. I don't understand why, in rb2 this doesn't happen. I won't spend more money in this franchise if this is not fixed (and face it, they won't fix it). Epic fail Harmonix. The game is brilliant playing alone, but this is unforgivable.
  • PortlandRidahPortlandRidah Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    MADZEN81;4133959 said:
    There seems to be a bug on the PS3 where the screen goes black and boots you to XMB as if you had quit the qame. I was playing with a friend and it happened to him as well, so I know it's a game issue and not a system issue. Thank You

This happened 2 me & a friend last night @ seperate times was really weird, im playin ps3 version as well
  • LORDJUJULORDJUJU Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    1.Game froze during the road case loading screen.

2 STAGE KIT DOESN'T WORK.
  • TheoGeekTheoGeek Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    orioles35;4134187 said:
    I'm going to have to break it to the kids that they can't be in the same band and we've talked about this already, even with maybe getting shirts made and stuff like that. :-)
    I agree that there should be some way to get a complete band score when 7 people are playing together. That would be cool.

All consoles are limited to 4 "profiles". The issue is not that they can't play together though. I created a bunch of profiles on the 360 for the people we normally "band" together with. When we play, they can each log into their profile from the game and join the band. Each profile has their own band, but that doesn't mean you can't all play in the same band using unique profiles.

The problem with the "four profile limit" is that of you want to play 5 or more people, (or if you want to play any combination that includes bass+guitar+keyboard) the vocal players cannot attach to a profile and therefore are not scored. They still play, but their stats are not tracked, they can't save players, go into overdrive, cause the band to fail, etc. - they are simply singing along. In that case, the vocalists will not be tracked at all. At it's core, Rock Band is still all about a 4 player band, think of the extra players as "guest stars".

So, your kids can still be in the band, with their own profiles (at least that's the way it is on the 360), but any vocal player given the above rules will not be tracked.
  • RichardScarry21RichardScarry21 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I second this list except for number 1. That's what you are actually playing, not the left tom. Typically you'll see a yellow tom in a drum roll if ever.
  • AGLSolutionsAGLSolutions Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    What happened to "Choose Venue" in the modifiers?

It would be great to have that option back.

- Alex