RB3 Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread (no song requests)

Comments

• geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Below are my feelings of the new stricter rock meter penalties and how it's easier to fail out.

Please change it back to the RB2 system. This is a classic example of why not to fix something that wasn't broken. You nailed it perfectly in RB1&2, and that's what won me over to the series. People had been happily enjoying the system for three years. That aspect of the game was perfect. You guys had the perfect balance of penalty/reward and you changed it. Why? That part was the very core of the game and it worked. No one was asking for that change. It's a core engine change, not just a visual tweak or something. I've seen a lot of feedback from people saying how frustrating it is not to be able to pass a song they could have 2 days ago. It is a problem.

I want to love RB3, but I absolutely don't like this change. It makes it less fun and is a game-breaker for me. This is not a knee-jerk "let's boycott" reaction either. I have 500 or so DLC songs and have enough MS points cards stockpiled from sales to last me for a loong time. I had no intention of stopping purchasing DLC. However, now that DLC is RB3 only, I'm calling it quits. I don't like the new engine. It feels like GH now, which was why I dropped that series. I'm sticking with my DLC in RB2. I have enough to keep me busy for years.

My full thoughts are in the thread specifically discussing this.
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?203699-RB3-Quicker-to-fail-out&p=4134429&viewfull=1
  • Grybo101Grybo101 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    geo2n2;4134685 said:
    Below are my feelings of the new stricter rock meter penalties and how it's easier to fail out.

Please change it back to the RB2 system. This is a classic example of why not to fix something that wasn't broken. You nailed it perfectly in RB1&2, and that's what won me over to the series. People had been happily enjoying the system for three years. That aspect of the game was perfect. You guys had the perfect balance of penalty/reward and you changed it. Why? That part was the very core of the game and it worked. No one was asking for that change. It's a core engine change, not just a visual tweak or something. I've seen a lot of feedback from people saying how frustrating it is not to be able to pass a song they could have 2 days ago. It is a problem.

I want to love RB3, but I absolutely don't like this change. It makes it less fun and is a game-breaker for me. This is not a knee-jerk "let's boycott" reaction either. I have 500 or so DLC songs and have enough MS points cards stockpiled from sales to last me for a loong time. I had no intention of stopping purchasing DLC. However, now that DLC is RB3 only, I'm calling it quits. I don't like the new engine. It feels like GH now, which was why I dropped that series. I'm sticking with my DLC in RB2. I have enough to keep me busy for years.

My full thoughts are in the thread specifically discussing this.
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?203699-RB3-Quicker-to-fail-out&p=4134429&viewfull=1

I agree completely with this user right here. There was absolutely nothing wrong with RB2's system, and there was nothing that needed fixing. The entire interface of RB3 is confusing, and requires a lot of time to navigate through it. This game needs a lot of changing that IDT patches will take care of.
  • PoundedLemonPoundedLemon Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    The majority of RBN tracks have cymbal gems for EVERY yellow, blue and green note. Hence, pro drums should be disabled for those tracks. It makes those songs unplayable or extremely awkward. The only way to play a bunch of my RBN tracks the way they were meant to be played is to load up Rock Band 2. This is not progress. Especially annoying is when playing pro drums, one of those RBN tracks come up. At the very least, the game should automatically downgrade the chart to non-pro mode for that song.
  • Grybo101Grybo101 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    PoundedLemon;4134715 said:
    The majority of RBN tracks have cymbal gems for EVERY yellow, blue and green note. Hence, pro drums should be disabled for those tracks. It makes those songs unplayable or extremely awkward. The only way to play a bunch of my RBN tracks the way they were meant to be played is to load up Rock Band 2. This is not progress. Especially annoying is when playing pro drums, one of those RBN tracks come up. At the very least, the game should automatically downgrade the chart to non-pro mode for that song.
    It doesn't have to be disabled. Harmonix just lied to everyone when they said that they were adding pro drum tracks since the DLC and RBN songs came out. All they did was go back, and replace all the notes with cymbals. They have to ACTUALLY go back and fix the songs properly.
  • JoeL_CQCJoeL_CQC Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    this was adressed earlier.

I've noticed BNS not being as fast as it used to in RB2.

Played the game after a few days, started to get used to the speed, although it would be nice if it was like RB2's speed.
  • PoundedLemonPoundedLemon Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Grybo101;4134765 said:
    It doesn't have to be disabled. Harmonix just lied to everyone when they said that they were adding pro drum tracks since the DLC and RBN songs came out. All they did was go back, and replace all the notes with cymbals. They have to ACTUALLY go back and fix the songs properly.

From what others have said, RBN DLC can't be updated, since it's created with XNA. Something like that anyway. End result is, they will never be fixed. Unless they are rereleased and you buy them again.
  • bryguy393bryguy393 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    System: all

Let keyboardists play on non-keyboard songs. whenever there are 2 guitarists and a keyboardist and there is no keys part, the keyboardist can't play. simply let them play a duplicate of the guitar or bass part! how hard is that! honestly...

also, when playing in all instruments mode, vocalists should be allowed to SEE THEIR SCORE!!! it's kind of annoying not having a clue how you did...
  • MADZEN81MADZEN81 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, It happened at seperate times for us as well. It's a very weird bug. Have never seen it before.
  • Archaiel_AngelusArchaiel_Angelus Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    System: Xbox 360

Most (if not all) of my song scores that rank in the leaderboards (on guitar) do not post on the leaderboards. The only one that has (that I am aware of) is my score for "Stick Stickly" which ranked like 14 or something (my gamertag is "Archaiel" by the way). I beat the #1 spot on "A Prophecy" twice, my game says I am #1 but the leaderboards still says the other guy is. It's probably due to stress on the servers but what do I know.

Oh and has anyone realized that you can't put tattoos on the upper back and under the collarbone anymore?
  • SmellMyFingerSmellMyFinger Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Grybo101;4134765 said:

Ok, I have seen many posts about this and I want to clear it up. All the previous charts created by Harmonix themselves have CORRECT pro drums (though an odd tom may be a cymbal), but NOT all RBN songs have pro drums. The game says that all of the RBN songs do have them, but they don't. The authors have to distinguish what is a tom or cymbal, and the old songs don't have that. Therefore, on those tracks, the pro drums in RB3 only have cymbals. The songs that ARE charted for pro drums do distinguish between toms and cymbals. Now, the only way to tell which songs actually have pro drums authored is to either play them and see for yourself, or check the topic in the RBN section for which songs are authored for pro drums.
    SHORT VERSION: All harmonix charted songs have pro drums. Not all RBN songs have pro drums. When the songs that aren't authored for pro drums are played in pro, everything is charted for cymbals. The only way to tell which RBN songs do have pro drums are trial and error.
  • ProfStevieProfStevie Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    System: Xbox 360

I have also seen the RBN issue with Pro Drums. Most of the non-RBN DLC and imported songs I've tried seem fine to me, but I've run into one BIG problem -- "Homecoming" by Green Day, which is one of my very favorite RB songs. In the "Nobody Likes You" section, which is ALL drum rolls -- the drum rolls are all mapped to the hi-hat instead of the snare! Playing it like that just feels ridiculous. I hope a fix will be forthcoming.

Other than that the game is awesome!!!
  • OrgophlaxOrgophlax Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Grybo101;4134765 said:
    RBN songs are incorrect because HMX never released the info for how to differentiate between toms and cymbals to the RBN creators until recently. Newer RBN should be OK, but that's if (and a major if) the creator decides to incorporate it.

All officially HMX released DLC has correct tom/cymbal charting already since release day RB1.
  • alexlifesonalexlifeson Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Bug / Annoyance

RB3
    PS3 (80 gig - fat one)

Can you please fix / change the location or brightness of the "news banner" at the bottom left corner that lets you cycle between the news headlines (like 1 of 6, etc)... the graphics/video is so bright and distracting that you cant even read the first few words of those news headlines, especially with the "red flames" scene where the fire is spitting out on the left side of the screen

Also have an option to be able to TURN OFF the news headlines altogether

Thanks

RB3 is pretty cool
  • CooliwhipCooliwhip Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I want to play through the 'story line,' such as it is, with my GF and with other groups and solo. But I can only have one band or can't figure out how to switch. Online searches and the guide aren't helping. I don't play the game when she's not around so she doesn't miss any of the 'story,' such as it is.

So REQUEST: Multiple band support!!!
    edited October 2010
    Agreed

Bug - How do you START to play in online player mode? There is no option. Add a selection choice

Complain - You should be able to set the limit to how many songs in the online setlist you want to play (or max you will play)

Question - If you play online, is it the same as RB2 as joining in someone elses band?
    Who chooses the song when you play online, all or just the leader? How do you know who the leader is in online play?

Its not user friendly at all
    MurraytehSkull;4133172 said:
    The online multiplayer is about as unintuitive as I've ever seen. It might be a good system, but unless you can talk to the other players it gets confusing fast.
  • ajcarpenajcarpen Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    No complaint just a request. I'm not sure if it has been suggested but, I would like to play in pro mode guitar or bass without the instrument. I have real guitars and I wanted to use the game as a "Learn the Song" type of tool.
    edited October 2010
    Bug

RB3
    PS3

Why does the game have to do a download of the same list of 83 or 93 songs every time I play the game?
    This never happened in RB2
    Doesnt it have a way to keep memory of what songs you have in your game?
    if you dont add any songs since the last time you played, why does it have to download the list (showing the progress bar at the top middle of the screen) each and EVERY TIME!!!
    Yikes

Please fix this
    Very annoying
  • theVBCkidtheVBCkid Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    if this was brought up in the previous 43 pages, then i apologize.

i'm having an issue with my keyboard where, when i hold down a key to sustain a note it just doesn't. i get credit for hitting the initial note and my streak stays active, but it's as if i just pressed the key and released it instead of holding the key for the note to continue.

system: PS3
    songs: rock lobster, whip it, imagine, werewolves of london
    mode: practice > keys

i initially posted this in the hardware forum (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?205206-keyboard-note-holding-issue), but it since it isn't limited to just me i'm thinking it might be a software issue. from the responses i got, it also seems to be limited to the practice mode for regular keys, but i haven't jumped into the actual game just yet on those, so i don't know firsthand.
    edited October 2010
    That wont happen as you cant just use a regular guitar and bass and add a MIDI pickup since the new yet-to-be-released Pro MIDI guitar has to know where you fingers are placed as well so it has built in sensors in the frets. There is no way for them to make an add on to do that to your regular guitar (sadly)

You have to use a special built custom guitar to be able to play real guitars with RB3 pro mode
    Sadly they launched the game WITHOUT us having a way to play real Pro guitars on a real Fender guitar (still waiting a release). No one wants to use that cheap Mustang fake guitar to play Pro Guitar. It defeats the purpose
    Sure they launched it with Pro Keys but most of us want PRO Guitars on a real guitar.
    Sad sad sad
    One day....
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Orgophlax;4135235 said:
    RBN songs are incorrect because HMX never released the info for how to differentiate between toms and cymbals to the RBN creators until recently. Newer RBN should be OK, but that's if (and a major if) the creator decides to incorporate it.

All officially HMX released DLC has correct tom/cymbal charting already since release day RB1.

That's why I really hope that HMX releases a patch that makes those songs unplayable in Pro Mode, since it doesnt make sense to play them. And it should be possible then to make a setlist with Pro Mode and Normal Mode Drum songs in it. (as long as cymbals are attached)
    edited October 2010
    +1 agreed
    Orange in medium (my normal mode with Bass ) was a surprise to me as well
    Sure I can hit them most of the time and no issues but it causes you to have to make bigger stretches in a song where you normally dont
    I Agree it will turn off many CASUAL players who are limited in their skills or dont play 24/7 likes most folks in these forums :)

At least have the OPTION to have Orange on or off in Medium Mode
    Make it customizable

Thanks
    Enchurito;4127624 said:
    Rock Band 3 (and all the download content after nickleback) NEEDS a "Turn off orange in medium, and turn off orange and blue in easy" the whole point of those modes was to make it EASIER than hard and expert.
  • CooliwhipCooliwhip Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Also, where is Bang Camaro's Night Lies on RB3? What else is missing they haven't told us about?
  • MidianGTXMidianGTX Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Please fix the solo section markings! This is the one problem I'm having with an otherwise amazing game, and it only really affects those of us that use the solo buttons to tap solos without strumming.

The solo sections in RB1 & 2 were really obvious with the change in fretboard colour, but now they're only marked by blue lines along the side, and a thin blue line across the board. Because the blue lines along the side fade in and out, they're not reliable markers, and the horizontal line is transparent and hard to see. Often when a solo ends I keep tapping without strumming because the side lines fade out past the non-solo notes and I don't see the horizontal line at all. Most of the time I also don't see the solo coming until a few notes in.

I love the look of the new fretboard but a transparent blue line across a blue background just isn't noticeable enough.
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I would like the option to have the notes be shown above the keys as they scroll. It would go a long way to learning to actually play the keyboard as opposed to just hitting corresponding patterns. Just matching the keys baesd on the lane the icon feel more shallow then say, learning pro guitar.

Not to mention the key lanes are so narrow, in a given color section, it's REALLY hard to see which lane the note is in until it's already passed. If it had C, D, E, C# etc, it would be MUCH easier to read ahead.

I can't imagine this to be too taxing on the system resources.
  • MegamanZMegamanZ Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Platform: X360

Found an interesting little glitch that involves the solos. This is easily noticed when using a Rock Band 1/2 guitar (the ones with the effector switch), although I suspect it also applies to drums and keyboard as well.

If the game is paused right after a player finishes a solo (so that the rewind goes back to during the solo), the next solo in the song for that instrument (if there is another one) will not display the notes hit or the end-of-solo bonus (the bonus is still earned regardless). Additionally, for guitar, the game keeps the effect (Wah-Wah, Chorus, etc.) going until the end of the song or the end of the next guitar solo, even if overdrive is activated and drains out during that period of time. I have been able to easily reproduce this without fail for guitar on every song with a guitar solo at any place other than the very end, and the specifics of the glitch mean that it's unlikely to happen on accident.

On that note, I would like to also put in a side request to have an option to always have the effects on for the guitarist and bassist.
  • PubknightPubknight Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Platform: PS3

Suggestion:
    Howzabout making things like... oh... RB2 export to the new game... actually work at launch?
    Just read the message that it's unavailable until Monday.

Well done.
  • thecackasiansthecackasians Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    hey guys this game is great but feels rushed and I didn't find out I cant get my pro guitar till next month on launch day?!?!?! thanks for the heads up I got in trouble with my gf for dumping all the money at once and come to find out I had more time............ well on to the glitches, most have been discussed like bouncey mics, loud background noise while in song selection, overdrive for vocals not working. My extra complaint is the art editor and clothes selection I can't create my RB2 characters acuratley there needs to be straight lines (on RB2 I used the I's and stretched them out now they're to fat) and why are all the clothes and hair the same but the one's I need are gone? i.e. the 2 colored short hair and the glamtastic outfit. Please fix these issues quickly im a huge fan been supporting you guys since GH1 (and dropped them after you left that franchise) even through multiple broken guitars! help a homie out and stay fosty
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Pubknight;4135763 said:
    Platform: PS3

Suggestion:
    Howzabout making things like... oh... RB2 export to the new game... actually work at launch?
    Just read the message that it's unavailable until Monday.

Well done.

I exported on the PS3 on oct 24th. Is it down again?
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    MidianGTX;4135537 said:
    Please fix the solo section markings! This is the one problem I'm having with an otherwise amazing game, and it only really affects those of us that use the solo buttons to tap solos without strumming.

The solo sections in RB1 & 2 were really obvious with the change in fretboard colour, but now they're only marked by blue lines along the side, and a thin blue line across the board. Because the blue lines along the side fade in and out, they're not reliable markers, and the horizontal line is transparent and hard to see. Often when a solo ends I keep tapping without strumming because the side lines fade out past the non-solo notes and I don't see the horizontal line at all. Most of the time I also don't see the solo coming until a few notes in.

I love the look of the new fretboard but a transparent blue line across a blue background just isn't noticeable enough.
    I'd like better high lighted solo's as well. Just to get the warning that things are going to get busy, much less the necessity of it for using the solo buttons.
  • Xavier0080Xavier0080 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This is on the X360.

I thought failing out was a bit easier in this game and apparently others have noticed that too. I would like them to go back to the old fail out system, even at the cost of the new 50% overdrive sections, which don't make as drastic a difference as Harmonix seems to think. I've also noticed the leaderboards being buggy with reporting songs. I'm #1 on Joker and the Thief vocals, but my name appears under the other people on the boards with lower scores and there's no # assigned to me.