RB3 Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread (no song requests)

Comments

• ajcarpenajcarpen Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    No complaint just a request. I'm not sure if it has been suggested but, I would like to play in pro mode guitar or bass without the instrument. I have real guitars and I wanted to use the game as a "Learn the Song" type of tool.
  • alexlifesonalexlifeson Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Bug

RB3
    PS3

Why does the game have to do a download of the same list of 83 or 93 songs every time I play the game?
    This never happened in RB2
    Doesnt it have a way to keep memory of what songs you have in your game?
    if you dont add any songs since the last time you played, why does it have to download the list (showing the progress bar at the top middle of the screen) each and EVERY TIME!!!
    Yikes

Please fix this
    Very annoying
  • theVBCkidtheVBCkid Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    if this was brought up in the previous 43 pages, then i apologize.

i'm having an issue with my keyboard where, when i hold down a key to sustain a note it just doesn't. i get credit for hitting the initial note and my streak stays active, but it's as if i just pressed the key and released it instead of holding the key for the note to continue.

system: PS3
    songs: rock lobster, whip it, imagine, werewolves of london
    mode: practice > keys

i initially posted this in the hardware forum (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?205206-keyboard-note-holding-issue), but it since it isn't limited to just me i'm thinking it might be a software issue. from the responses i got, it also seems to be limited to the practice mode for regular keys, but i haven't jumped into the actual game just yet on those, so i don't know firsthand.
    edited October 2010
    That wont happen as you cant just use a regular guitar and bass and add a MIDI pickup since the new yet-to-be-released Pro MIDI guitar has to know where you fingers are placed as well so it has built in sensors in the frets. There is no way for them to make an add on to do that to your regular guitar (sadly)

You have to use a special built custom guitar to be able to play real guitars with RB3 pro mode
    Sadly they launched the game WITHOUT us having a way to play real Pro guitars on a real Fender guitar (still waiting a release). No one wants to use that cheap Mustang fake guitar to play Pro Guitar. It defeats the purpose
    Sure they launched it with Pro Keys but most of us want PRO Guitars on a real guitar.
    Sad sad sad
    One day....
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Orgophlax;4135235 said:
    RBN songs are incorrect because HMX never released the info for how to differentiate between toms and cymbals to the RBN creators until recently. Newer RBN should be OK, but that's if (and a major if) the creator decides to incorporate it.

All officially HMX released DLC has correct tom/cymbal charting already since release day RB1.

That's why I really hope that HMX releases a patch that makes those songs unplayable in Pro Mode, since it doesnt make sense to play them. And it should be possible then to make a setlist with Pro Mode and Normal Mode Drum songs in it. (as long as cymbals are attached)
    edited October 2010
    +1 agreed
    Orange in medium (my normal mode with Bass ) was a surprise to me as well
    Sure I can hit them most of the time and no issues but it causes you to have to make bigger stretches in a song where you normally dont
    I Agree it will turn off many CASUAL players who are limited in their skills or dont play 24/7 likes most folks in these forums :)

At least have the OPTION to have Orange on or off in Medium Mode
    Make it customizable

Thanks
    Enchurito;4127624 said:
    Rock Band 3 (and all the download content after nickleback) NEEDS a "Turn off orange in medium, and turn off orange and blue in easy" the whole point of those modes was to make it EASIER than hard and expert.
  • CooliwhipCooliwhip Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Also, where is Bang Camaro's Night Lies on RB3? What else is missing they haven't told us about?
  • MidianGTXMidianGTX Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Please fix the solo section markings! This is the one problem I'm having with an otherwise amazing game, and it only really affects those of us that use the solo buttons to tap solos without strumming.

The solo sections in RB1 & 2 were really obvious with the change in fretboard colour, but now they're only marked by blue lines along the side, and a thin blue line across the board. Because the blue lines along the side fade in and out, they're not reliable markers, and the horizontal line is transparent and hard to see. Often when a solo ends I keep tapping without strumming because the side lines fade out past the non-solo notes and I don't see the horizontal line at all. Most of the time I also don't see the solo coming until a few notes in.

I love the look of the new fretboard but a transparent blue line across a blue background just isn't noticeable enough.
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I would like the option to have the notes be shown above the keys as they scroll. It would go a long way to learning to actually play the keyboard as opposed to just hitting corresponding patterns. Just matching the keys baesd on the lane the icon feel more shallow then say, learning pro guitar.

Not to mention the key lanes are so narrow, in a given color section, it's REALLY hard to see which lane the note is in until it's already passed. If it had C, D, E, C# etc, it would be MUCH easier to read ahead.

I can't imagine this to be too taxing on the system resources.
  • MegamanZMegamanZ Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Platform: X360

Found an interesting little glitch that involves the solos. This is easily noticed when using a Rock Band 1/2 guitar (the ones with the effector switch), although I suspect it also applies to drums and keyboard as well.

If the game is paused right after a player finishes a solo (so that the rewind goes back to during the solo), the next solo in the song for that instrument (if there is another one) will not display the notes hit or the end-of-solo bonus (the bonus is still earned regardless). Additionally, for guitar, the game keeps the effect (Wah-Wah, Chorus, etc.) going until the end of the song or the end of the next guitar solo, even if overdrive is activated and drains out during that period of time. I have been able to easily reproduce this without fail for guitar on every song with a guitar solo at any place other than the very end, and the specifics of the glitch mean that it's unlikely to happen on accident.

On that note, I would like to also put in a side request to have an option to always have the effects on for the guitarist and bassist.
  • PubknightPubknight Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Platform: PS3

Suggestion:
    Howzabout making things like... oh... RB2 export to the new game... actually work at launch?
    Just read the message that it's unavailable until Monday.

Well done.
  • thecackasiansthecackasians Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    hey guys this game is great but feels rushed and I didn't find out I cant get my pro guitar till next month on launch day?!?!?! thanks for the heads up I got in trouble with my gf for dumping all the money at once and come to find out I had more time............ well on to the glitches, most have been discussed like bouncey mics, loud background noise while in song selection, overdrive for vocals not working. My extra complaint is the art editor and clothes selection I can't create my RB2 characters acuratley there needs to be straight lines (on RB2 I used the I's and stretched them out now they're to fat) and why are all the clothes and hair the same but the one's I need are gone? i.e. the 2 colored short hair and the glamtastic outfit. Please fix these issues quickly im a huge fan been supporting you guys since GH1 (and dropped them after you left that franchise) even through multiple broken guitars! help a homie out and stay fosty
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Pubknight;4135763 said:
    Platform: PS3

Suggestion:
    Howzabout making things like... oh... RB2 export to the new game... actually work at launch?
    Just read the message that it's unavailable until Monday.

Well done.

I exported on the PS3 on oct 24th. Is it down again?
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    MidianGTX;4135537 said:
    Please fix the solo section markings! This is the one problem I'm having with an otherwise amazing game, and it only really affects those of us that use the solo buttons to tap solos without strumming.

The solo sections in RB1 & 2 were really obvious with the change in fretboard colour, but now they're only marked by blue lines along the side, and a thin blue line across the board. Because the blue lines along the side fade in and out, they're not reliable markers, and the horizontal line is transparent and hard to see. Often when a solo ends I keep tapping without strumming because the side lines fade out past the non-solo notes and I don't see the horizontal line at all. Most of the time I also don't see the solo coming until a few notes in.

I love the look of the new fretboard but a transparent blue line across a blue background just isn't noticeable enough.
    I'd like better high lighted solo's as well. Just to get the warning that things are going to get busy, much less the necessity of it for using the solo buttons.
  • Xavier0080Xavier0080 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This is on the X360.

I thought failing out was a bit easier in this game and apparently others have noticed that too. I would like them to go back to the old fail out system, even at the cost of the new 50% overdrive sections, which don't make as drastic a difference as Harmonix seems to think. I've also noticed the leaderboards being buggy with reporting songs. I'm #1 on Joker and the Thief vocals, but my name appears under the other people on the boards with lower scores and there's no # assigned to me.
  • Xavier0080Xavier0080 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Cooliwhip;4135493 said:
    Also, where is Bang Camaro's Night Lies on RB3? What else is missing they haven't told us about?

Harmonix has already stated that the HMX bands from RB2 are not included in the export. They plan to release them in the future as a free DLC pack (presumably to update them for PRO charts.)

Sorry for double post, have been using forums a lot until recently.
  • WozamilWozamil Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Move the notification that someone has left the band while in the middle of a song online. The notice blocks my note highway while I still continue playing the song. Either move it, or pause the game.
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited October 2010
    Please can we have bands back in RockBand.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2010
    grizzlymaze;4135927 said:
    Please can we have bands back in RockBand.
    +100% from me. None of this heavy emphasized solo group play stuff. Just not motivating.
  • AGLSolutionsAGLSolutions Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Here goes one

- XBOX360
    - Walk of Life
    - Road Challenge (OFF THE BEATEN PATH)

There is no animation in the percussion part, the vocalist is just there idling.

Cheers,
    Alex
  • HysteriaHysteria Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I'm on a PS3 Slim, I just played a 3 song setlist on Pro-Keys easy through Quick Play. The setlist was:

Cold As Ice
    Imagine
    Centerfold

About 15-20 seconds into Centerfold, the screen went blank and my PS3 rebooted. I have the 1.01 patch that was released on Tuesday.
  • deLyricaldeLyrical Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    The game doesn't upload my score on solo vocals for the song Misery Business. I played the song several times today while connected online, the game told me my rank on the leaderboard, but when I look at the online leaderboard my score doesn't appear. Not even in the "unranked" spot below everybody else. It's like I never played it. I'm on PS3.

Another vote to bring back the bands! We really miss them.
  • Sonic_FanSonic_Fan Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Oh yeah, I forgot to also mention this.

Is it possible to remove the "slow" framerate animation? It just looks awful and distracts you. The animation is running real smooth and here comes a part where the framerate lowers down to like 3fps...it just doesn't look good at all. This only happens in the Rock Band 3 songs.
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Sonic_Fan;4135992 said:
    Oh yeah, I forgot to also mention this.

Is it possible to remove the "slow" framerate animation? It just looks awful and distracts you. The animation is running real smooth and here comes a part where the framerate lowers down to like 3fps...it just doesn't look good at all. This only happens in the Rock Band 3 songs.
    I agree. The effect does not work. It looks less like an effect and more like the processor is bogged down and the game has major framerate problems as a result.
  • MakaiOokamiMakaiOokami Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    As a Keyboard Player when it says "At least one song doesn't have keyboard part" I should have the option to be able to jump in on Guitar/Bass/Drums for those songs or AT LEAST play the Guitar or Bass part on my keyboard for those parts and select a different difficulty for keyboard and bass/guitar parts.

It's really hard to want to play online at times when you have to deal with either asking band members to pick mostly keyboard songs when you don't feel like having a mic on, or just sitting there screwing around on forums while they do Tom Sawyer and your game is officially in Jukebox mode at that point.
  • HysteriaHysteria Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I'm using a PS3 slim and Logitech wireless mic. Just played 3 songs in Quickplay and could not activate overdrive while singing. I got 5 stars on the songs but no matter how loud or high I made a sound during the activate sections, overdrive would not kick in.
  • BorlasleftshoeBorlasleftshoe Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This is all PS3 related, one of the fat variety but from what I've seen these things aren't exclusive to that platform.

-Microphones, Guitars, and Hats constantly pulse back and forth, but on the bright side it seems to happen in time with the beat of whatever song is playing. Though it is rather distracting to watch as everything twitches around on stage.

-Playing Keys seems to invite a rather loud laser noise to show up uninvited while you are playing. Luckily my TV isn't very fancy and won't be missed if this sound succeeds in blowing speakers, but it does have the never before available effect of giving you a heart attack while playing "Imagine".

-I dread playing at festival venues because there is a good chance the game will freeze up once I see those guys pushing that box around. Equally dangerous is to attempt to load up practice mode, which will frequently greet me with a black screen until I restart my system.

-There is about a 1 in a million chance of getting vocal overdrive to work. Torn apart the forums and any "fix" that anyone has come up with so far hasn't changed anything. It's basically made me give up vocals for the time being, seeing as gold starring, even 5 starring a couple of songs is basically impossible to do at this point. I'm thinking about making a video of all the sounds the game won't activate with, because the hilarity is about all singing is worth at this point.

-I played "Colony of Birchmen" and was assaulted with a horrifying display of bright lights and epileptic seizure inducing strobes that made it insanely difficult to pay attention to the note highway. And this is coming from a guy who had zero issues with this sort of thing before. So after telling everyone to more or less suck it up and that it wasn't that bad I have to suggest you guy tone down the light show a little bit.
  • BLESSTHEDAMNEDBLESSTHEDAMNED Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    i wish that the guitar hero 5 slider would work for the tiny frets since theres finger taps now
  • studman7studman7 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Add me to the list. RB3 literally gives me a headache now. I really LOVE the franchise and don't want to be stuck back at RB2. Please give us an option to make the fret board solid and/or tone down the animations. Please.
    Originally Posted by XeMpLiFyy
    So far, my only issues are the strobe lights during songs (they seriously blind me... it's not enjoyable)
    Originally Posted by Lakers_Fan_24
    REQUEST: FRETBOARD: Please make a modifier (extras menu). Ability to change the fretboard color, design background (logos in band setup will work) and transparency. Very hard to see the notes sometimes.
    Originally Posted by ElephantRider
    Please allow the ability to return the note charts to just a plain black background like in RB1/2, and to be able to turn off (or reduce the brightness of) the blue and orange swirlies when the streak/OD is triggered. My girlfriend has vision difficulties and can barely see the notes when there is anything on the path. The new chart style in RB3 and TB:RB makes it almost impossible for her to play either of those games.
    Originally Posted by Orgophlax
    I'm having real issues with the new fretboard in RB3. Despite them adding a solid texture to it, the stage antics show through WAY more than they did in RB2, especially at the top. I also think the notes are a bit darker, and hopo notes are smaller. If they aren't smaller then the darker color makes them look smaller. And because they're darker, all the flashing that's going on makes them disappear to my eyes, especially green and orange. Also, it seems like breakneck speed doesn't space out the notes as much as it did in RB2.

It all boils down to that it's much harder for me to pick up the notes than it was in RB2, especially in fast hopo runs. I think if the top of the fretboard (which is where I fix my eyes) was made less transparent so that it actually blocked out the background it'd help immensely. As it is my eyes can't pick up the notes when they first appear at the top most of the time, so once they get down to a point where they register to me, my timing is now off because I'm seeing them later than normal.

So basically: Make the fretboard less transparent
    Originally Posted by Lakers_Fan_24
    REQUEST: FRETBOARD: Please make a modifier (extras menu). Ability to change the fretboard color, design background (logos in band setup will work) and transparency. Very hard to see the notes sometimes.
    I'd like this. It the shorter lanes and seemingly increased transparency, it's gets tricky to see the notes sometimes. If we had the option to darken the lanes up, it would be great.
    Originally Posted by HaloOfTheSun
    Also it'd be nice if the fretboard was less transparent, but I don't see this actually getting fixed.
    Originally Posted by bengalcp09
    Please with the transparent fretboard. The fact that it's shorter is enough of a change, but both is too much. At times you can barely see the notes. Especially with the groove pattern then overdrive. It's almost like the game punishes you for doing well. If I miss notes because I hit a wrong button, that's one thing. If I miss a note because the video puts the spotlight on the drummer really quickly, that's very frustrating. You can add new instruments, you can have a great catalog, and you can have an awesome sorting system. But when the songs are frustrating and no longer fun to play, and it's no longer my own skill that holds me back, it makes me want to stop playing. It's really disappointing.

I barely played The Beatles because I couldn't see the notes, I really don't want that to happen with this game. Please give us track options to lessen the transparency.
    Originally Posted by Orgophlax
    I just want to reiterate that the fretboard needs it's transparency removed, or lessened by a lot. After 3 days of playing I'm getting really frustrated with how much it's affecting me. And if it is shorter too, change it back to it's original size. There was no reason to change anything about the fretboard other than for the sake of change.
    Originally Posted by Greyfus
    The only possible explanation for the transparent fretboard is to allow the background animations to be seen, and I'm sure a lot of time and money and creativity went into creating the background animations (well, not as sure after reading through this entire thread of comments) but it's not why we play the game, and to sacrifice actual gameplay for the sake of aesthetics is simply vanity.

The Beatles: Rock Band's note highway was pretty bad, but still semi-playable. Rock Band 3, however, is unplayable because of the fretboard transparency. Honestly, this is a game killer for me. As evidenced above, I'm not the only one this is affecting but maybe it is affecting me more severely than others as I can promise I'm done playing Rock Band 3 until this sees some sort of fix.
    [/QUOTE]
  • eisbrecher03eisbrecher03 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I'm on PS3.

This has happened to me twice since I've gotten the game earlier this week, just out of the blue:
    The game will tell me that it is unable to save, and then tell me how to turn autosave back on. I try to turn autosave back on, the game asks me if I want to overwrite the save data, I say "yes", and it tells me it's unable to save. I try rebooting the system and reloading. It is seemingly able to load my band name, icon, and number of fans. However, it says the data won't load, so I try saving over it, but it will not save, no matter what. I play a song, and the guitarist is standing still, facing away from the crowd, arms stretched to his left, holding the guitar out and plucking the strings on cue. The only solution I have found was to delete the save data and start over. However, as this problem has happened to me twice in a 4 day period (once on Wed, and once Fri) I don't want to be starting over every 2 days... I'll stop now, I think my point has been made..