I just bought this game to export to RB3, problem with site.

SpankedEagleSpankedEagle Unsigned
edited September 2013 in LEGO: Rock Band
So I put in the code, and it took me to an error page for the site. So when I went back to put it in again, it said code has already been used. I have pictures of the receipt and open game/with code. Any chance I could get the DL code?

Comments

• PhilK88PhilK88 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Same thing has happened to me :(

Luckily, I have a tendency not to throw things away so I still have the receipt.
    What email address are people sending queries to? I sent one to [email]legorockband_support@aqinc.com[/email] but haven't received a reply yet.

I bought the game several months ago but only decided to do his export thing in preparation for RB3 arriving
  • ChainsawPhoenixChainsawPhoenix Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Mammy_Nun;4125976 said:
    of course I played it, I love all the LEGO games. and Money has been really tight for awhile, so I haven't been able to buy the points until today. so not every body has done that.

apologies its just everyone seems to have all of a sudden gone lego rock band export crazy, i remember importing it right away, the lego character thing got a little old for me after a few plays
  • PeterH80PeterH80 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I am in the same boat, so their story about fixing it seems not to be correct.

Bought the game today, i wont even play it to be honest, i just want to import the songs into RB3. another 45 songs for A$20 is pretty sweet. well plus another $10 for the import fee.

anyway got the error message when i first did it saying there was a problem. thought it might because i didnt use capitals or something so i tried it again. now it says the code has been used already.

shot off an email to the support sections and am just waiting for an answer.

i do agree though, it is was a know problem, and it is since there are three pages of people talking about it and many calls to the support team. why not just disable it temporarily? why allow more people to enter their codes and then make them jump through hoops to get a new code.
  • Darkness500Darkness500 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Just had the same issue also, sent an email to support, hopefully get a response soon. Maybe if they realize that its more than just a couple people having this issue they'll do something about it instead of trying to make us find a receipt for a game that some of us bought months ago.
  • Squirrel623Squirrel623 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This makes me quite mad, actually. The same thing happened to me, and i don't have my receipt. I know that they didn't do this on purpose, but something is wrong with their site, and they should be the ones responsible for correcting the error. If the export hasn't worked for X amount of time, couldn't they just renew codes that have been redeemed since that time? Or is that not how it works?
  • zonkdalfzonkdalf Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This is unbelievable You spent Your money and they got F up site and I need to prove that I'm not an elephant... I got this as a gift, and now I need to ask my family where is receipt and send this because their site is not working #@(%^*#!^($^#@$#)%
    edited October 2010
    I doubt they actually need the receipt in order to fix our problem. I think its more of a confirmation that you actually own the game. I tried sending them my code in my email to at least prove that I actually had a code to begin with. But if I really need the receipt for this I won't be able to get it. I got it as a gift, 10 months ago, the receipt is gone.

It isn't my fault that you felt the need to over-complicate the whole system by requiring me to enter a code to receive another code. And it isn't my fault that for whatever reason your website is currently not functioning the way it should be.

It's obviously a fairly common problem recently, it shouldn't be hard to see that and fix our problem for us without having to screw us over. I understand that things like this happen, just fix it please.
  • AutumnThunnderAutumnThunnder Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Same thing happened to me this morning. I sent an e-mail to the support address on the export site, but have yet to receive a reply. This makes baby jesus cry.
  • zonkdalfzonkdalf Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This is pathetic I just cancelled my preorder on RB3. They know that they have problem and they act like this???
  • Dogface72Dogface72 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Just wanted to jump in here and express my extreme displeasure with the site stealing my code. Yes, the same thing happened to me. I hope they are able to fix this soon.

There is no reason all the codes that were entered during the time of the problem can't be cleared from the system. This may have some overlap with codes that did work but the money hit will be much less than the PR hit if they don't do something.

The codes entered here must somehow be tied with the download codes used. Can't all codes that have not yet been tied to a corresponding download code that has then been used be reset?
  • cwaterscwaters Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Add me the growing list of customers experiencing this problem!

"Something’s Wrong! We’re sorry, but we’re temporarily out of download tokens. Please check back with us soon!"

When I tried it again an hour later:

"Something’s Wrong! That game code has already been redeemed."

It's bad enough that they didn't properly test the export process with their new site but it's even worse that they aren't addressing this ensuing problem in a timely manner.

[UPDATE: Received a Tweet from @RockBand just a few minutes ago saying "Lego RB folks you are also cleared for #RB3 export!" However, I'm still getting the 'code has already been redeemed' error.]
  • KTK8KTK8 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    wish I would have seen this BEFORE I tried to enter my code.......

Why is the export site even up still? This is crap..
  • yayrockbandyayrockband Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    According to the RockBand twitter we can try again now:
    Lego RB folks you are also cleared for #RB3 export! Go here: http://bit.ly/akJFfi
    32 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    I'm not trying because I'm not at home, but I will be later tonight.
  • King_NuthinKing_Nuthin Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I'm watching this thread intently as I bought the game back in the spring when Best Buy was first selling for $20 but never felt inclined to import until I got RB3. Of course I got the token error, haven't tried a second export but came here first and am shocked because I doubt I still have the receipt.

Very frustrating to say the least.
  • Gowans007Gowans007 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I have my brand new copy I got today, I have tried again (like the twitter message says it's fixed).

Says my code has been used!!! :(

Hopefully they reset all the codes entered when no codes where available.
  • DauraiDaurai Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Hello everyone,

Thought I'd register on the forums just to let you all know.

I bought the game today as well in order to export the songs into RB3 when it gets released tomorrow (I know, us poor European sods). I go to type in the code at .../lego-export and of course I get the token error. I try again and the bastard says my code's been redeemed already.

Being the stable person that I am, I immediately pick up the phone to call customer support. I get Scotland instead of Finland (which isn't a big deal, but still annoying), the CSR takes my contact info and the code and says that I'll get a response tomorrow morning (GMT+2). I appreciate that this is an unforeseen problem but I'm still not happy with the non-event that passed for customer service here.
    edited October 2010
    yayrockband;4129154 said:
    According to the RockBand twitter we can try again now:

I'm not trying because I'm not at home, but I will be later tonight.
    I just tried this, it still says that my code has already been redeemed.
  • BRoni7BRoni7 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    King_Nuthin;4129172 said:
    I'm watching this thread intently as I bought the game back in the spring when Best Buy was first selling for $20 but never felt inclined to import until I got RB3. Of course I got the token error, haven't tried a second export but came here first and am shocked because I doubt I still have the receipt.

Very frustrating to say the least.
    Same for me. I bought it when it became $20 because I figured it would be fun to play around with and then import it once the lego novelty wore off. Just didn't bother to import it until I was going to import RB2 into RB3 as well.

I emailed yesterday and received the generic response today that also mentioned needing a receipt. I dont keep receipts for games that work fine because I may need proof that I bought it a few months later to use a code that came with it. This is the most ridiculous system I've seen.

Not to mention it annoys me that we're dealing with all of this trouble and they are handing out codes to people who no longer have their RB2 manuals. I have my code, but your site screwed it up.
  • Dogface72Dogface72 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I would also like to mention, I redeemed by Rock Band 2 code last night without issue. It took a couple of tries but eventually the code was accepted without having already been redeemed through previous attempts.

So all of this could have been avoided if they had simply supplied a "normal" code in the first place.
  • jkopackojkopacko Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Just tried AGAIN with my code per the Twitter post...NO GO!
  • jkopackojkopacko Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Dogface72;4129452 said:
    I would also like to mention, I redeemed by Rock Band 2 code last night without issue. It took a couple of tries but eventually the code was accepted without having already been redeemed through previous attempts.

So all of this could have been avoided if they had simply supplied a "normal" code in the first place.

I exported my RB2 no issue last night...it is only the LEGO export that appears to not be working.
  • Saxyboy15Saxyboy15 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Okay guys, basically I had went through the entire process yesterday as much of you and I got the error message, code already redeemed message, contacted EA and WB, and they couldn't do anything for me. So just a few seconds ago, I tried my code again and it worked! No lie. So if anyone went through that process, try the code now. It should more than likely work.
  • DarkAngel13DarkAngel13 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Saxyboy15;4129685 said:
    Okay guys, basically I had went through the entire process yesterday as much of you and I got the error message, code already redeemed message, contacted EA and WB, and they couldn't do anything for me. So just a few seconds ago, I tried my code again and it worked! No lie. So if anyone went through that process, try the code now. It should more than likely work.
    I'm envious sir. Mine still says the code was redeemed despite the fact that the only person who has attempted to enter the code ago is me. >=/

Complete and utter BS. This is why you don't completely overhaul a website that works until you make absolute 100% certain that everything works. Now we're apparently out a download code despite being the consumers who actually paid for the game in full, rather than the ones the code is preventing from using to get songs for cheap. Go go gadget ridiculousness.
  • TorturEdTorturEd Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Saxyboy15;4129685 said:
    No idea how yours went through but I'm still getting the Something’s Wrong! That game code has already been redeemed. This is complete BS
  • BRoni7BRoni7 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Ok, so I just came home at lunch to try it for the heck of it. I put in the code and get the message saying that it is temporarily out of tokens this time. I go back and try again and get the already redeemed message. What is going on?
  • Saxyboy15Saxyboy15 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    You know, I really have no idea how my code mysteriously worked. Even after that long irritating process, I still attempted my code over and over again but it never worked. I recently just spoke to EA about getting my code for the Rock Band 2 export code and spoke to them about the Lego Rock Band situation. He basically said the same thing as the woman from yesterday BUT, he also assured me the redeeming site was back in working order. So, I tried my code one last time and it worked.
    edited October 2010
    I sent them an email 8 hours ago, still no response at all yet.
  • xerocubexerocube Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I can also attest to the fact that the Export Site is still not working properly. I contacted the Support number and they said they'd reissue my code, AFTER i provided a scan of my original code insert and a copy of my proof of purchase. After I informed him that I have had the game a quite some time and was waiting to export to RB3, he said he would note my account saying that I may not have the receipt, in hopes they'd let it slide.

After the hassle that obviously so many folks have experienced, I can't imagine them denying the export code. If they do, I am sure they'd alienate a good chunk of the consumer base.

And one last thing to concur, this is a terrible way to distribute an export utility. Redeem a code to get a code to type in a pay money for a download. Just give us the blasted code in the package, if you want to ensure that I bought the product new.
  • SpankedEagleSpankedEagle Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    It just told me their out of Tokens, and to try again soon. I did right after and it says code has been redeemed. How am I suppose to try again later if its already been used.
  • destroyer32kobedestroyer32kobe Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I Have the same exact problem as Spanked Eagle =( What am i suppose to do now?? I bought the game new just so i could export the songs with the code and it failed =( this really really sucks =|