I just bought this game to export to RB3, problem with site.

SpankedEagleSpankedEagle Unsigned
edited September 2013 in LEGO: Rock Band
So I put in the code, and it took me to an error page for the site. So when I went back to put it in again, it said code has already been used. I have pictures of the receipt and open game/with code. Any chance I could get the DL code?

Comments

• DeckOfManyThingsDeckOfManyThings Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I had the exact same problem, error page then being told the code was already used.
  • RequiemXLRequiemXL Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Exact same problem i just buy the game and brand new with the little stiker how told you that a first time open case and the code is already taken.
  • NightenstaffNightenstaff Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Yep, same as everyone else in this thread. Bought the game to have some extra tunes since I knew my group and I would be playing quite a bit and now I've got nothing. I figured since the site was finally up, it was safe to put in the code. Guess not. I've already sent an e-mail with my receipt and game code.

I can completely understand not keeping the receipt. Keeping the code to get a code is logically all you'd need. I'm sure if I didn't just buy the game yesterday, I wouldn't have it either.

Needless to say, this whole experience has been disheartening. I don't buy games to be frustrated, yet here we are.
  • NightenstaffNightenstaff Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    hmxhenry
    LRB export is still down for most folks. We should have the issue resolved early tomorrow. We'll keep you posted!
    That was posted in another thread about this issue. Guess we'll see.
  • Mammy_NunMammy_Nun Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    just happened to me, don't have the receipt, bought months ago, pisses me off, end of story.....
  • ChainsawPhoenixChainsawPhoenix Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    just need to ask why are you guys only just buying lego rock band? shouldnt you have played that & exported ages ago... just curious
  • DogbiteDogbite Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    lego rockband was the last game I played, I didn't export the songs because that was the game i was playing until rockband 3 came along.
  • Mammy_NunMammy_Nun Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    of course I played it, I love all the LEGO games. and Money has been really tight for awhile, so I haven't been able to buy the points until today. so not every body has done that.
  • erik162000erik162000 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I got Lego RB when I picked up RB3 yesterday, put in the code today and got the same error page, tried again and was told my code was in use.

I called the support number earlier and was promised by the agent that there was an issue with the site still and that it would be resolved by later tonight.

I just tried again and same error that the code was redeemed so I went back to the store I bought the game from and explained to them the issue and they did an exchange for me and I left with a new code.

I just got home and entered into site and just received the error that states:
    "Something’s Wrong! We’re sorry, but we’re temporarily out of download tokens. Please check back with us soon!"

Tried one more time and now getting the error again that my code was already redeemed.

This is beyond ridiculous.
    I guess I will be calling them back tomorrow.
  • yayrockbandyayrockband Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Same problem here, but I'll just check back tomorrow and hope it's resolved! With RB1+2+3+DLC songs I have over 300 songs to pick from so I can't complain too much. As long as it's fixed by the weekend (having people over)!
  • ShaggyJShaggyJ Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This is crap same thing happened to me earlier today they better fix this
  • TorturEdTorturEd Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Damn this sucks samething happened to me tonight went out bought the game came home punched in the code for it to say they have no more tokens try again later then I try the code again and it says it's already been redeemed
  • StevedaveStevedave Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Argh! The same thing has just happened to me. Here's a silly idea: if this is happening, and they know this is happening, why on earth do they have the Lego: RB export page up, gobbling up people's unique codes?? I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow, now, as well...
    edited October 2010
    Stevedave;4127022 said:
    Argh! The same thing has just happened to me. Here's a silly idea: if this is happening, and they know this is happening, why on earth do they have the Lego: RB export page up, gobbling up people's unique codes?? I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow, now, as well...
    Yeah that would make since wouldn't it LOL
    edited October 2010
    Oh and I called the number and told them what happened and they said the site was having problems and they would send me an email with info on how to get a new code. I got the email and this is what it says:

Please note that rented copies or used copies are not eligible for a code. The code is only provided for the original purchaser of a new game purchase. If you purchased a new sealed copy of the game for Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, and it was missing the sheet with the code, please provide the following in order to obtain a code.

1. A dated proof of purchase (receipt, invoice) showing the purchase of a NEW copy of the game(not a rented or used copy, nor a copy purchased from Ebay).
    2. Your gamertag for Xbox Live, or your profile for the PSN.
    3. Your email address
    4. A scan of the package and game disc(s).

I did all this so will see what happens but man it's bull crap you have to do all this I also asked the guy I talked to if when the site was fixed if my code would work then or is it toast because the site says now that it has already been redeemed and he pretty much said he had no idea.
  • WorlochWorloch Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Just jumping in to say "me too".

Bought the game from Amazon to specifically export in to RB3. Punch in the code get the no tokens error, try back later.

Try back later, and whoops!, that code has been redeemed error.

Put in an email, but no response as of yet. Having to try to find a receipt, and scan the game seems ridiculous for a known issue. If they can tell the code was "Redeemed", can't they go back in to their logs and see that it was "redeemed" at a time when the site was specifically having this problem, and that corroborates with the info I've given them?

At that point, it should be a simple matter to "un-redeem" it or just issue a new code, or better yet, just give me the export code I was after in the first place.
    edited October 2010
    Worloch;4127135 said:
    Just jumping in to say "me too".

Bought the game from Amazon to specifically export in to RB3. Punch in the code get the no tokens error, try back later.

Try back later, and whoops!, that code has been redeemed error.

Put in an email, but no response as of yet. Having to try to find a receipt, and scan the game seems ridiculous for a known issue. If they can tell the code was "Redeemed", can't they go back in to their logs and see that it was "redeemed" at a time when the site was specifically having this problem, and that corroborates with the info I've given them?

At that point, it should be a simple matter to "un-redeem" it or just issue a new code, or better yet, just give me the export code I was after in the first place.
    I agree man it's crazy what they are asking you to do I don't have a scanner so I just took pics of everything and sent that instead.
  • Wingman709Wingman709 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I am glad to know that I am not alone, but I am sad that we are all getting the same run around. I called and spoke to a rep today and not only did she keep telling me I needed the receipt from a game I bought 6 months ago, but then she hung up on me and I was not even mad or yelling at them. Just calling to see what I needed to do. So needless to say, I expect to get a big fat nothing from them.

I wish now I had exported them when I bought the game. But I just never did it. Got so burned out of Rock Band that I did not want to spend more money on it. Now with RB3, the fun is back and I exported RB2 and AC/DC yesterday. Went to do Lego and got nothing.

The really sad thing is, I made a point of buying this game new because I knew the export code was a one time use and only good for new games. Now it looks like I should have just bought used because I am out the extra money I spent and now they won't get another $10 from me for the export. I just don't get it.
  • PhilK88PhilK88 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Same thing has happened to me :(

Luckily, I have a tendency not to throw things away so I still have the receipt.
    What email address are people sending queries to? I sent one to [email]legorockband_support@aqinc.com[/email] but haven't received a reply yet.

I bought the game several months ago but only decided to do his export thing in preparation for RB3 arriving
  • ChainsawPhoenixChainsawPhoenix Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Mammy_Nun;4125976 said:
    of course I played it, I love all the LEGO games. and Money has been really tight for awhile, so I haven't been able to buy the points until today. so not every body has done that.

apologies its just everyone seems to have all of a sudden gone lego rock band export crazy, i remember importing it right away, the lego character thing got a little old for me after a few plays
  • PeterH80PeterH80 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I am in the same boat, so their story about fixing it seems not to be correct.

Bought the game today, i wont even play it to be honest, i just want to import the songs into RB3. another 45 songs for A$20 is pretty sweet. well plus another $10 for the import fee.

anyway got the error message when i first did it saying there was a problem. thought it might because i didnt use capitals or something so i tried it again. now it says the code has been used already.

shot off an email to the support sections and am just waiting for an answer.

i do agree though, it is was a know problem, and it is since there are three pages of people talking about it and many calls to the support team. why not just disable it temporarily? why allow more people to enter their codes and then make them jump through hoops to get a new code.
  • Darkness500Darkness500 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Just had the same issue also, sent an email to support, hopefully get a response soon. Maybe if they realize that its more than just a couple people having this issue they'll do something about it instead of trying to make us find a receipt for a game that some of us bought months ago.
  • Squirrel623Squirrel623 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This makes me quite mad, actually. The same thing happened to me, and i don't have my receipt. I know that they didn't do this on purpose, but something is wrong with their site, and they should be the ones responsible for correcting the error. If the export hasn't worked for X amount of time, couldn't they just renew codes that have been redeemed since that time? Or is that not how it works?
  • zonkdalfzonkdalf Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This is unbelievable You spent Your money and they got F up site and I need to prove that I'm not an elephant... I got this as a gift, and now I need to ask my family where is receipt and send this because their site is not working #@(%^*#!^($^#@$#)%
  • Darkness500Darkness500 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I doubt they actually need the receipt in order to fix our problem. I think its more of a confirmation that you actually own the game. I tried sending them my code in my email to at least prove that I actually had a code to begin with. But if I really need the receipt for this I won't be able to get it. I got it as a gift, 10 months ago, the receipt is gone.

It isn't my fault that you felt the need to over-complicate the whole system by requiring me to enter a code to receive another code. And it isn't my fault that for whatever reason your website is currently not functioning the way it should be.

It's obviously a fairly common problem recently, it shouldn't be hard to see that and fix our problem for us without having to screw us over. I understand that things like this happen, just fix it please.
  • AutumnThunnderAutumnThunnder Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Same thing happened to me this morning. I sent an e-mail to the support address on the export site, but have yet to receive a reply. This makes baby jesus cry.
  • zonkdalfzonkdalf Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    This is pathetic I just cancelled my preorder on RB3. They know that they have problem and they act like this???
  • Dogface72Dogface72 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Just wanted to jump in here and express my extreme displeasure with the site stealing my code. Yes, the same thing happened to me. I hope they are able to fix this soon.

There is no reason all the codes that were entered during the time of the problem can't be cleared from the system. This may have some overlap with codes that did work but the money hit will be much less than the PR hit if they don't do something.

The codes entered here must somehow be tied with the download codes used. Can't all codes that have not yet been tied to a corresponding download code that has then been used be reset?
  • cwaterscwaters Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Add me the growing list of customers experiencing this problem!

"Something’s Wrong! We’re sorry, but we’re temporarily out of download tokens. Please check back with us soon!"

When I tried it again an hour later:

"Something’s Wrong! That game code has already been redeemed."

It's bad enough that they didn't properly test the export process with their new site but it's even worse that they aren't addressing this ensuing problem in a timely manner.

[UPDATE: Received a Tweet from @RockBand just a few minutes ago saying "Lego RB folks you are also cleared for #RB3 export!" However, I'm still getting the 'code has already been redeemed' error.]
  • KTK8KTK8 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    wish I would have seen this BEFORE I tried to enter my code.......

Why is the export site even up still? This is crap..