RB3 store and "currently unavailable" RBN songs?

jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
edited July 2013 in The Rock Band Network
OK, so I saw on the RB3 store the Amberian Dawn song Fate of the Maiden. But it's saying the song is unavailable. At first, I assumed this was because maybe this particular song hasn't been formally released yet, that it's still in testing. But then there's quite a few songs that I know have been released that are listed as unavailable. When it's unavailable, you can see it there, but you can't preview the song, download the demo, or buy it.

Anyone know what's going on with this?

Comments

• PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    From what I can tell, its basically the same issue as the last store update. For whatever reason, the download links are broken. It's interesting to note that a few formerly broken songs are now working (Gabrielle, Bullet With a Name, Dark Horse (I think)), and a few others that used to work are now broken (Soulless, Antman, and others).

EDIT: The songs I said were "broken" are listed as "Currently Unavailable" in the Music Store, but their download links in the "Songs" section of this site seem to still work.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2010
    This is a known issue that has to do with adding the RBN songs to RB3. It took longer than expected, but Microsoft is plowing through them and they expected them all to be finished by Midnight tonight. So there are probably still a few that are unavailable but shortly everything should be in the store.
    edited October 2010
    Good to hear, Nord. Thanks for the update, and I look forward to purchasing a few more RBN songs later tonight. *knock on wood*

EDIT: The download link for "Fate of the Maiden" now works. Go, Microsoft, go!!!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I am happy. Everything is working that I wanted to buy, except "Think Bad Thoughts" and "Hold On".
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited October 2010
    PowerGamer990;4126154 said:
    Good to hear, Nord. Thanks for the update, and I look forward to purchasing a few more RBN songs later tonight. *knock on wood*

EDIT: The download link for "Fate of the Maiden" now works. Go, Microsoft, go!!!

YAY! Thank you! I am going to download that now. :) Also, thanks to HMXMister_Game for explaining the situation.
    edited October 2010
    It looks like the only songs that still have broken links are "Curtain Call", "Vacation", "Think Bad Thoughts", and "Hold On". Hopefully, we'll get those tomorrow.

One weird thing I noticed: when I download a song off of xbox.com and boot up my 360, it says that the Xbox Live content is not available and it will download automatically when it becomes available. Then, I start Rock Band 3 and it downloads perfectly fine. Strange, but no harm, no foul.
  • o_loukoumaso_loukoumas Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    Hello, i live in Greece and when i go to the online store all of the songs write 'currently unavailable'...please could you tell why is this happening and is there any chance of being able to download anything from Rockband Store?thank you..
  • DeganaDegana Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    Hi, I Live in Australia and most(if not all) RBN songs are coming up currently unavailable? When/if/please will be these songs be available?
  • idjit dragonidjit dragon Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    Degana;4167697 said:
    Hi, I Live in Australia and most(if not all) RBN songs are coming up currently unavailable? When/if/please will be these songs be available?

Looking at the PS3 songs thye are all available but none of them have a preview option - I'm sure that in RB2 we were able to preview songs - is this just an Australian thing?

Cheers

Martin
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited November 2010
    PS3 Users in the US never had the ability to preview tracks in the Rock Band store. They had to get on their computers and use Youtube for that :)
  • esphopesphop Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I live in Norway, and all Rock Band Network songs are listed as unavailable.... :( Wazzup?!
  • GuyOneGuyOne Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    I guess it is taking time for all areas to gain access to the DLC. EU Wii just gained access to music store and RBN after 2 weeks of having 80% of the store unavailable.

Just have patience. It'll come back. Go checkout the store for RB2 I am sure you can get back DLC still through there.
  • Zachy7777Zachy7777 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Degana;4167697 said:

RBN isn't avaliable in some countries and unfortuantly Australia is one of them. I really don't when (or if ever) the network will come to Aus so I guess we'll just have to make due with the songs we got now.

Which is a shame 'cause I really want to play "Ultimate Showdown". :(
  • DeganaDegana Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I'm on 360 and i suspect it's an austalian thing.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    It is.

If XNA isn't available in your area then RBN isn't available in your area.
  • JomecheuJomecheu Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    hi I was wondering why is it.if i go to the get more songs all the songs currently unavailable.........?
  • mjuarez331mjuarez331 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Hi, I'm having the "Music store is Unavailable" error message on Rock Band 3. I've been in contact with Harmonix about this and currently talking to a rep there. When I first bought the game in November I believe, it was fine. I could go into the store purchase music, all great. But when the 1.02 patch was released, the problem started. I was advised that I should delete all Rock Band game data utility info and saved games, from all Rock Band versions. I did. But I keep getting the same error. This is really frustrating, as I can't purchase any songs because of how quickly I get kicked out of the store. The rep also said I live in an area where the store is available. I think it has something to do with the patch. He said it didn't seem like a widespread issue because they don't see multiple problems like this arising. I find that hard to believe since I see this problem in many blogs.
  • mkrmecmkrmec Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    I just bought RB3 a day ago and out of 1500+ songs only a few.. less than 5 that I found are available for download. I live in EU Slovenia... WTF.. this is stupid.. FIX IT!!!!
  • PortableFINPortableFIN Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Do you now guys how long it takes to get RBN working in Finland ? I definetly want to buy some great songs in store, but all of those are "Curently unawailable".
  • GraiIknightGraiIknight Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    I'm not even sure Microsoft is actually planning on expanding XNA to other countries tbh. It's been unavailable here in the Netherlands for forever as well.

Thankfully, creating an account for my American alter ego who lives in New York's Waldorf Astoria Hotel allowed me to give my money to the Network. It's probably not a solution you'd hear from Microsoft's tech support, but it's a working solution ;o
  • TalkieToasterTalkieToaster Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    I sorta get the impression that it's available pretty much everywhere that it's going to be, a least in it's current form. The problem in Australia is that it's illegal to sell unrated media, which is what XNA is made up of, since it's not worth paying the fees to the classification board for the often minimal sales. Wouldn't be surprised if other countries have simerlar issues.

Of course, the annoying thing is the problem doesn't even apply to DLC. But since it applies to the rest of XNA, I can't really see Microsoft setting it up then blocking everything else.
  • spencer671spencer671 Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    hurry up and fix the currently unavailable in australia for xbox 360, all the good songs are currently unavailable, atleast fix battle royale by the word alive, would be greatly apreciated.
  • TalkieToasterTalkieToaster Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Read my post above - it's not going to happen.

There is a work around if you want something badly enough and can be bothered going to all the effort though. You should be able to find the info somewhere (Like, say, a couple of posts up).
  • AlexbeavAlexbeav Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Well, I created a US gamertag but now can't even ACCESS the store. :/ will try a UK later on, but this is just stupid. Anyone else managed to buy the songs ?
  • stanislasstanislas Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Hello, I'm searching Killbody tuning tracks on PSN but can't find them. Do you know when it will come to PSN ?

I'm talking about Seestrasse, Bamberg and Marker of Change.

These are cool tunes I'd like to have.

Thanks for your help.

Stanislas
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited June 2011
    stanislas;4411210 said:
    Hello, I'm searching Killbody tuning tracks on PSN but can't find them. Do you know when it will come to PSN ?

I'm talking about Seestrasse, Bamberg and Marker of Change.

These are cool tunes I'd like to have.

Thanks for your help.

Stanislas

They all were released on 360 last month (the first one at the beginning of the month, the other 2 last week), so don't expect them until later this month at the earliest on PS3 (and with the lack of RBN2 songs on PS3, you're probably in for a long wait).
  • Firestarter496Firestarter496 Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Maybe this is why the Rishloo song I downloaded is not appearing in my songs. Maybe it was made unavailable just as I was downloading it :/
  • mkrmecmkrmec Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    99% of the store is Currently Unavailable for me. EU - Slovenia.. wtf.. fix it already...!!!!!
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2011
    mkrmec;4484346 said:
    99% of the store is Currently Unavailable for me. EU - Slovenia.. wtf.. fix it already...!!!!!

RBN songs are not available in Slovenia.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    mkrmec;4484346 said:

Contact Microsoft that they should include Slovenia in their XNA service.