Preview?

dougdobermandougdoberman Opening Act
edited October 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I did a little search, but the search functionality on this new forum sucks ass so I dunno if this has been discussed. (I'm sure it has.)

Am I missing something? I checked out the RBN on PS3 when it was first debuted, but there didn't seem to be any way to preview a song. I jumped in there again today after I received RB3 and there STILL doesn't seem to be any way to preview a song like you can with regular DLC.

Is this not an option? Is my only recourse to go to Youtube or the band's home page and hope that I can find a snippet of the song?

Cuz if that's the case, then RBN ain't ever gonna see a dime from me. Sorry struggling artists who're trying to get some recognition by adding your tunes to Rock Band. Harmonix needs to make it better for you by allowing you to designate a 20 second segment of your track to loop as a preview or something. I'm simply not gonna go over to the computer and look up your stuff when all I wanna do is play a game.

Somebody tell me I'm a blind idiot and I'm missing the "Preview" functionality on the Rock Band Network section of the Music Store on the PS3. I'll gladly give a "my bad" and take the drubbing if I could actually HEAR some of these unknown (or barely known) tunes before I spend my $$$ on them.

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I'm pretty sure the preview function has been broken on PS3 since the beginning. It's nothing new.
    Sorry struggling artists who're trying to get some recognition by adding your tunes to Rock Band.
    I find this funny when there are songs by Third Eye Blind, Seether, Creed, A Day to Remember, Drowning Pool, and plenty of other big bands.
  • dangrbvocalsdangrbvocals Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Not hard to bring a song up on youtube if you want to hear it.
    I do this since Harmonix won't fix this issue.
  • dougdobermandougdoberman Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    DragoonXD;4126448 said:

I find this funny when there are songs by Third Eye Blind, Seether, Creed, A Day to Remember, Drowning Pool, and plenty of other big bands.

So those are the ONLY bands with stuff on RBN? Big bands that everyone's heard of?

Or does my comment pertain to all the OTHER bands who are not fairly popular? (As I meant it to.) :)
  • dougdobermandougdoberman Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    dangrbvocals;4133315 said:
    Not hard to bring a song up on youtube if you want to hear it.
    I do this since Harmonix won't fix this issue.

Not hard, true. But an annoyance that Harmonix oughtta get around to fixing.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    dougdoberman;4126222 said:
    Cuz if that's the case, then RBN ain't ever gonna see a dime from me...
    Really? I'm sorry, that just seems a little petty. PS3 gets five songs a week. In the time it took you to post this, you could have heard them all on youtube. My grandmother can google that fast.
    dougdoberman;4126222 said:
    Sorry struggling artists who're trying to get some recognition by adding your tunes to Rock Band...
    Meh, The lot that get to the PS3 aren't struggling that much. They're the big sellers. The struggling artists are all stuck on the Xbox.
  • ZaininZainin Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    jawillroy;4138063 said:
    Really? I'm sorry, that just seems a little petty. PS3 gets five songs a week. In the time it took you to post this, you could have heard them all on youtube. My grandmother can google that fast.
    While there may be some truth to that, I for one do agree with OP's sentiment that I shouldn't have to jump through too many hoops just to justify spending money. Not to mention it just seems from the few threads I've seen on it that HMX is now ignoring the problem and not even adressing it any longer. Almost like they pushed it under the rug until we gave up and worked around it ourselves.

On that note, can anybody suggest some good sites that have lots of the PS3 RBN songs listed with audio/video clips of some sort? I just got ps3 a few weeks ago, so have lot of catching up to do, not really worth it if I have to browse several sites and keep track of the full list myself. I'd get a lot more if they simply fixed the problem, but if I can at least get to one site to do all my searching I can see myself getting SOME RBN songs.

I found a couple sites but the ones I've found have limited amount of samples or only show some from certain producers. Or are a xbox site where obviously they have many songs we don't yet. Any sites that have at least a majority of the PS3 songs available sampled or sample/vids linked?