RDN Songs Charting Pro Drums Cymbals for Toms

uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Hello,

I've been playing through RB3 and every RBN song I've played on Pro Drums has had the majority of its toms charted to the hi-hat.

It makes it pretty difficult for rolls and I'm a fan of authenticity. Examples are The Slip, Audio Mainframe, and Delta Spirit.

Hopefully this can be easily adjusted. It really takes away from the enjoyment and would be great if this could be corrected.

Thanks

Comments

• uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    No idea how I managed 2 RDNs, but I meant RBN.

That looks real good on the credibility. Boourns.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    That's presumably because the songs you are playing come from the period before RBN had the ability to chart Pro Drums. While the game still sees these songs as available for Pro, what you actually get is red toms and all else on cymbals. Wish that could be disabled, but no such luck.
  • Amak11Amak11 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    BE lucky a few of the authors actually know how to chart pro drums, and tons are coming btw
  • hippodragon9hippodragon9 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    It's funny too, because the docs for drum authoring specifically address that and told authors how to differentiate and make them Pro Drums ready! I guess none of them cared.
    And yes, this happens with almost everything. Africa (by Quartered) is a particularly bad example.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    hippodragon9;4132976 said:
    It's funny too, because the docs for drum authoring specifically address that and told authors how to differentiate and make them Pro Drums ready! I guess none of them cared.
    And yes, this happens with almost everything. Africa (by Quartered) is a particularly bad example.
    That wasn't added to the docs until July.
  • PoundedLemonPoundedLemon Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    That's nice, but what's going to be done to fix the situation?

The very first step should be to disable pro mode for RBN tracks that aren't correct. Playing a random song in pro mode and having one of those RBN tracks pop up is annoying. It should automatically switch to non-pro mode.

Has there been any official comment on this situation yet?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    PoundedLemon;4134601 said:
    That's nice, but what's going to be done to fix the situation?

The very first step should be to disable pro mode for RBN tracks that aren't correct. Playing a random song in pro mode and having one of those RBN tracks pop up is annoying. It should automatically switch to non-pro mode.

Has there been any official comment on this situation yet?
    I've been 1 lightering all the RBN songs that don't have pro drums, which I hate to do, but I don't want them coming up in my random setlists.
  • TheAuthorityClintonTheAuthorityClinton Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I've been 1 lightering all the RBN songs that don't have pro drums, which I hate to do, but I don't want them coming up in my random setlists.
    Ouch. That sucks. I hope a solution is in the works. I for some reason had assumed that anything without "pro drums" would not have it for an option in the game. I guess it was overlooked or didn't get addressed in time for launch.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    TheAuthorityClinton;4134994 said:
    Ouch. That sucks. I hope a solution is in the works. I for some reason had assumed that anything without "pro drums" would not have it for an option in the game. I guess it was overlooked or didn't get addressed in time for launch.
    I have a feeling that Harmonix would argue that there's no way they can tell if a song has pro authoring or not. How would they be able to tell a song with no toms from an early RBN song?

I am considering moving all of my RBN stuff to a thumb drive so I can score it appropriately (I give 99% of what I bought 5 lighters in RB2 and I have 200+ RBN songs) and then just put it in when I miss the songs and want to play them on regular drums.
  • Becker77Becker77 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    This really annoys me! Stroke 9 and Third Eye Blind songs have this issue as well. It's so awkward doing a tom roll on the cymbals. heh
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    NOT ONLY did you revive a dead thread from a year ago, but you mentioned a WELL KNOWN issue, songs authored BEFORE RB3 DO NOT have pro drums, because there was no way to author for them.
  • Becker77Becker77 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    So what? Is there some unspoken rule about posting in an old thread and adding my frustration about the issue?
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Becker77;4523758 said:
    So what? Is there some unspoken rule about posting in an old thread and adding my frustration about the issue?

Usually, unless you have something new to contribute to the discussion, bumping old threads is frowned upon in all forums (some even frown upon it even if you post new information in them).
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Becker77;4523758 said:

It's nothing to do with the frustration (which a lot of us have had) but the kittens. Please think of the kittens.