RBN Mega-Mix

whofanwhofan Headliner
edited December 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hello all!

I don't frequent this forum very often, but I thought I would stop in and express some thoughts on this wonderful track.

First, it seems to be fixed. I haven't actually played vocals, but I have watched the track (performance mode/no-fail) and every time I have watched it there has been a star "ding" during "Everyone I Know Is An Alcoholic", which is where everyone seems to have run into issues. Note that this is on the Canadian Xbox marketplace. Maybe someone will download it/re-download it and confirm I'm not insane?

Second, I just wanted to say Thank You to the people who put this together. Because of them I went out and bought songs from Rose of Jerhico and Scratching The Itch, two bands I hadn't even considered buying before checking this song out!

Anybody else discover new bands because of this mix?

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I actually had 5/6 of the songs in the Megamix beforehand. :p
  • edited November 2010
    whofan;4143955 said:
    First, it seems to be fixed. ... Maybe someone will download it/re-download it and confirm I'm not insane?
    You are not insane! Our good friends at Harmonix figured out whatever it was and put a new version up. If you downloaded it before, you'll want to delete the old one (~76MB) and make sure you have the corrected one (~83MB).

Spread the word! I don't know if HMX have issued a press release about the fix.
    whofan;4143955 said:
    Second, I just wanted to say Thank You to the people who put this together. Because of them I went out and bought songs from Rose of Jerhico and Scratching The Itch, two bands I hadn't even considered buying before checking this song out!
    no, no, thank YOU for giving us a chance! I have to say that working with all of these independent artists on this project was a fantastic experience. Everyone involved displayed the highest level of professionalism and enthusiasm. We hope we have provided just a taste of the quality and variety of music available on RBN.

And super-awesome thanks for checking out STI. :)
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    That's great news: thanks for getting the word out, whofan!
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    cool news
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    After playing the Megamix, everybody should be required to purchase all 12 songs. Heck, a majority of them are only a dollar!
    edited November 2010
    DavyinaToga;4145773 said:
    After playing the Megamix, everybody should be required to purchase all 12 songs.

I like the cut of your jib, sir.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Davyina, if I was required to purchase one of the twelve, I won't say which one, I would stab you.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4146950 said:
    Davyina, if I was required to purchase one of the twelve, I won't say which one, I would stab you.

S'ok NoThru, everyone else would be happier knowing they have 12 more songs available in random BQP. It's worth it in the long run. :p
  • edited November 2010
    I downloaded Paper Valentines after hearing it in the mix and as soon as i have some points im going to get the other one by James William Roy.

You guys did a fantastic job on the MegaMix and i hope there are plans to make more of them.
    edited November 2010
    MagicMurderBag7;4147581 said:
    as soon as i have some points im going to get the other one by James William Roy.
    Duuuuuuuude.

Thank you!
    edited December 2010
    Glorious!

The honorable DavyinaToga has provided us all with a great and good thing:

THE RBN MEGAMIX MEGASETLIST (etlist, etlist, etlist.)

If that doesn't inspire the magpie-like, completist collector in you, I don't know what will. Thanks, Davyinatoga!