Guns N Roses to Reform WITHOUT Axl

AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
edited July 2007 in History of Rock
The original lineup of Guns N' Roses--minus lead singer Axl Rose--isrumored to be reuniting to mark the 20th anniversary of the band's seminal debut album Appetite For Destruction.

According to drummer Steven Adler, the event is due to take place on July 28th at the Key Club in Los Angeles.

The club's website states that Adler's Appetite, L.A. Guns, and "very special guests" will appear that night. Adler said: "I'll be down there with my band and Slash, Izzy [Stradlin, guitarist], and Duff [McKagan, bass] will be there too. It's gonna be great."

Adler added that it was unlikely Rose would join his former bandmates, but that he expected a full reunion to happen eventually.

He explained: "Axl and I spoke to each other in Las Vegas recently, and I know there's a chance. It's just too big. Whatever the Stones make when they play, we'd triple it. It'd be ridiculous not to do it. He can't be that goofy."

Rose has recently finished a tour of Japan with his rebranded version of the band.
- Ultimate-Guitar.com

To me, it could be the biggest thing to happen to GnR since Appetite for Destruction, and Axl is ruining it because of a childish argument more than 10 years ago

Comments?

Comments

• lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Akaymay;22481 said:
    - Ultimate-Guitar.com

To me, it could be the biggest thing to happen to GnR since Appetite for Destruction, and Axl is ruining it because of a childish argument more than 10 years ago

Comments?

Comments... Axl is a baby. Clearly what's fueling adler is money, based on the stones quip. Screw GnR, that band doesn't give a damn about their own music anymore.
  • edited July 2007
    Robin Finck's cool though... yeah!
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    despite axl's actions, i think its bull**** to even considering reforming without him.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;22483 said:
    Clearly what's fueling adler is money, based on the stones quip.
    Maybe I was reading it wrong, but it seemed to me like Adler was more bragging about how popular a reformed GNR would be than saying, "OH GOD I NEED MONEY."

Either way, I'm not that excited about GNR reforming. They haven't been that great since Use Your Illusion.
  • kindmortalkindmortal Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Axl Rose Punched a guy in the face once for taking photos, he then stormed out the show...
    Loser.
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    WingsOfSteel;22915 said:
    Either way, I'm not that excited about GNR reforming. They haven't been that great since Use Your Illusion.
    This isn't just any performance, it's an anniversary of Appetite for Destruction. So it'll be all the good classics
    kindmortal;22931 said:
    Axl Rose Punched a guy in the face once for taking photos, he then stormed out the show...
    Loser.
    Axl has ALWAYS had a terrible attitude, people would just throw random things on stage, and he would storm off. It started when someone threw a rock on stage, then after that, he stormed off. After that, people did it just to piss him off. He also punched a guy in the face for calling him a "Bon Jovi lookalike".
  • GnR4LifeGnR4Life Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Would be great if they had a reunion but it wouldnt be guns n roses with out axl but since i like them it would be cool if axl went and just come on at the beginning of a song off stage....but that with never happen lol
  • Keagan2387Keagan2387 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Akaymay;23148 said:
    This isn't just any performance, it's an anniversary of Appetite for Destruction. So it'll be all the good classics

Axl has ALWAYS had a terrible attitude, people would just throw random things on stage, and he would storm off. It started when someone threw a rock on stage, then after that, he stormed off. After that, people did it just to piss him off. He also punched a guy in the face for calling him a "Bon Jovi lookalike".
    Axl is a bitch, he canceled a GNR show here because he couldn't drink on stage.