I can has MPC1000?

lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
edited July 2007 in History of Rock
Never seen one of these before... But i want one

Looks like tons of fun... hes sampling moonlight sonata :cool:

And look, it's not all about guns and drugs. ITS ABOUT FUN. This guys got the right idea.

Heres a good vid of how this thing works. Awesome.

Comments

• AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Damn, that looks awesome as hell! I want one of those!! I guess they go for thousands whatever he's using. What is it? Like, what does it do?
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Obviously it takes no skill whatsoever. He's just pressing the buttons in order from bottom left to top right. Am I supposed to be impressed?
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    newwaytodie;23538 said:
    Obviously it takes no skill whatsoever. He's just pressing the buttons in order from bottom left to top right. Am I supposed to be impressed?
    For some reason when i first saw you posting i thought you were intelligent... but over the past week or so you've made it clear with some of your posts that youre not as smart as you act.

First of all he made it clear that he's not doing it to try and impress people, he's doing it to get people motivated and into music, which is the most important thing a musician can try to do. Secondly, guitar hero is nothing but pushing 5 buttons from left to right. But i'm quite impressed with some of it. And finally... He wasn't just pushing all the buttons in a row, obviously he had different sound clips assigned to each pad and after showing the 16 beat loop he started using different clips with one another.

Anyways as I said, and obviously once again you failed to actually watch through the whole thing (Or read through the whole thing as in the christian gamers thread) and you missed the point. He's not trying to be a star. He's doing something he loves and i appreciate his point of view on music and getting people started on music. But you know, it's not metal that YOU LIKE so it automatically sucks right.

All i was saying is that it's a cool machine.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Right, because once again I only like metal. Right?
    edited July 2007
    newwaytodie;24133 said:
    Right, because once again I only like metal. Right?
    Sorry let me rephrase that ONE SENTENCE. Since you disregarded the entirety of my post but for that one.
    But you know, it's not music that YOU LIKE so it automatically sucks right.
    Better? Feel free to grasp at more straws if you want. I'm always willing to debate.
    edited July 2007
    Akaymay;23525 said:
    Damn, that looks awesome as hell! I want one of those!! I guess they go for thousands whatever he's using. What is it? Like, what does it do?
    I don't think it would cost TOO much.. but basically every one of those pads you can assign a loop to. A loop being a short audio file, could be anything. When you put pressure on the pad, it plays the loop. At the same time it looks like you can play a simple beat under it so you have a metronome to work with.

So you can use any combination of those 12 pads, push them whenever you want.. basically work out a few sequences and then play around with it until you can find a beat you want. In the 2nd one he has a 12 beat loop as you can see, it's one 12 beat loop chopped up into 12 seperate beats. Then he plays the first three, hits the 3rd one a few times to repeat the same noise, etc.

More advanced techniques would be swtiching from beat to beat or changing the sound of the track overall.

Looks like wicked fun to me. Possibilities would be endless
  • Phrank-EPhrank-E Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I got a Boss DDR 670, Drum and bass only... Point is. I wish it had them big ass pads like the MPC's do.. I have a hard time programming beats, Is easier to just beat them out in real time and record. Hard to do with their little ass buttons sometimes.