LRB on Xbox 360 Games on Demand marketplace - Export?

MasemMasem Opening Act
edited December 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I have LRB already but I keep pushing those that like RB to get it just for the export (it's a glorified $30 ($20 + $10 export, 45-song track pack).

I noticed today that LRB is up on Xbox Live's Games on Demand for $20. My question which the xbox information doesn't fill in is that does this version give you an exportability? As you would not get a manual that, like with the original LRB, would contain the code to work the export, I wonder if you can't export from this version.

Comments

• skyehillskyehill Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    When you hit the export option within the On Demand version of LRB it throws an error.
  • Schofie9xSchofie9x Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    That happens when you don't get the export key, anyways.
  • Procito0oProcito0o Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I have the same question, just buy it only to export the songs, but this is possible? or I can not export?
  • TwiggyTwiggy Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I was contemplating buying it through demand for the exportability only. To be honest I don't really care to play through it that much, but would definately like to expand my set list. For a change the on demand price is actually better than a store *Shock horror*

Hopefully it will work soon enough
  • WildSubnetWildSubnet Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Amazon has it for $16 and change. I was going to get on-demand too but no export seals that deal. Probably pick this one up with Rockband 3 just for the song pack.
  • Waffleman1212Waffleman1212 Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I really want to get the game on demand too, but I don't want to do it if the export isn't included.

SOMEONE SAVE US!
  • xWickedxxWickedx Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I already bought it thinking I could export it but all I can is an error message. There should be some warning about you cant export if thats the case. If not update it where it just makes you purchase the export instead of entering a code. This isn't fare for games on demand buyers :P
  • HMXchristineHMXchristine Harmonix Developer
    edited November 2010
    Hey folks, we're looking into this issue. I'll let you know when I hear something.
  • XxMattxXXxMattxX Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    So should I go ahead and buy it on demand or wait until we hear something?
  • MrStormMrStorm Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I'm still wondering about this myself, though I know the whole "lack of exporting at all" thing was a bigger deal. I'll be following this closely.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited November 2010
    XxMattxX;4185985 said:
    So should I go ahead and buy it on demand or wait until we hear something?

Probably better to wait, or even search for better deals in stores. I bet you'll find places where it's under $20.
  • Banana_GrooveBanana_Groove Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I can't wait :D
  • DatasmurfDatasmurf Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    Interesting. I've been looking for ways to do this for a day or so now, but I see I have to wait and see.
    *sigh*

There's too much waiting these days. Waiting for this, waiting for the guitar to be released, waiting for my friends to wake up to play more with me ...
    edited November 2010
    This seems to be taking longer than it should... :/
  • asche666asche666 Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    Well, when there will be information about exporting?
  • RBMcNuggetRBMcNugget Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    asche666;4201394 said:
    Well, when there will be information about exporting?

Hahaha - that's cute

You expect timely and accurate info from Harmonix

Good one!
  • MazstermindMazstermind Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Buy it.....From a store, i did. I have exported with zero issues.
    edited December 2010
    Mazstermind;4205614 said:
    Buy it.....From a store, i did. I have exported with zero issues.

Oh. I never thought of that. Thank you so much.
    No..we're talking about people that have ALREADY bought it on demand for xbox.
  • sunversusmoonsunversusmoon Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    XxMattxX;4208437 said:
    Oh. I never thought of that. Thank you so much.
    No..we're talking about people that have ALREADY bought it on demand for xbox.

In this boat. For what it's worth (in case HMX are watching, hah), xbl lists no such restriction with exporting songs and, given that you re-download all the songs anyway, I see no technical reason that this shouldn't be possible. All we need is the issue of codes that work, or an alternative way of making that 800msp download appear.
  • MuhveliMuhveli Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    This is an issue which HMX should have taken care of before Lego Rock Band was made available as an on-demand purchase. That being said, they are not the publisher so it's entirely possible they weren't even aware that the game was being brought to on-demand on xbox live marketplace...

...Anyways hopefully this issue gets fixed as soon as possible. I'm aware that it's cheaper to purchase Lego Rock Band directly from a store but on-demand buying is just so effortless. :)