Well I guess we can all stop hoping now

mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
edited December 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
HMX being sold means there's no way in hell there will be more DLC for Beatles: Rock Band. No new buyer is going to approve going back to old projects to keep them alive, especially when you have to front all that money to fly out to England, etc.

Take care all, it's been fun. But there's really no reason to come back to this board now.

Comments

• raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Since Beatles DLC was always tied to Beatles exclusively, there's no reason why they couldn't release more DLC for it.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    This could actually potentially help HMX get more DLC for several reasons. First of all, whoever buys HMX may have more faith in them than Viacom/MTV does and might give HMX the money to release more DLC. Plus, we all know how big the Beatles are. I'm sure this new company would love to have some sort of Beatles release attached to their name. Whataver happens, it's still pretty doubtful that we would get any DLC anyways.Even if HMX wasn't being sold, it still isn't very likely to get more DLC. But don't look at the situation so negatively. It could turn out as something good.
  • everwyn400everwyn400 Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    To be honest, I kinda hope Disney steps in and buys it. They're the company producing the new Yellow Submarine, so I can see that being the perfect time to have more DLC roll out. Of course, it's really just grasping at straws, but one can dream right?
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    everwyn400;4172188 said:
    To be honest, I kinda hope Disney steps in and buys it. They're the company producing the new Yellow Submarine, so I can see that being the perfect time to have more DLC roll out. Of course, it's really just grasping at straws, but one can dream right?

Yeah, then we can get Disney DLC instead of Nickelodeon DLC!
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    everwyn400;4172188 said:

I'm sorry, but that would be a terrible idea.
  • chumsicleschumsicles Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    gamegyro56;4172695 said:
    Yeah, then we can get Disney DLC instead of Nickelodeon DLC!

Being owned by Viacom didn't stop Rock Band from coming out with Miley Cyrus DLC.....
  • chasenmuskychasenmusky Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    Watch Apple buy HMX, then they'll release like every Beatles song on DLC haha (end dream sequence now).
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited November 2010
    Apple has to be one of the worst choices for potential buyers...
  • RockyminRockymin Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    Those of you talking about Apple buying Harmonix really need to clarify whether you are talking about Apple Records or Apple Computer.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited November 2010
    Rockymin;4173722 said:
    Those of you talking about Apple buying Harmonix really need to clarify whether you are talking about Apple Records or Apple Computer.

Apple Computer is one of the potential buyers. *Shudders*
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    everwyn400;4172188 said:
    The "Yellow Sumbarine" remake was scrapped.
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Dr.Smoot;4173867 said:
    The "Yellow Sumbarine" remake was scrapped.
    Ok maybe not. :o

I had heard it was shelved, but a bit of research indicates it is still going forward.
  • WilliamT8WilliamT8 Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    why do they not just export the beatles to rb3?
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    WilliamT8;4174171 said:
    I don't know - maybe the Beatles/heirs don't WANT an export, perhaps? ;)
    That is why it has always been its own game.

I had pretty much given up on DLC with nothing new coming in a year, but the sale announcement pretty much was the official death knell on Beatles DLC (at least IMO). It was great that we got the stuff that we did, but I was hoping we would at least see a little bit more for a Beatles game.

As for the forum, I'd long given up on that. I've been seeing "Beatles album game" and "song survivor" stuff on forums for so long, it has been incredibly played out over the last decade plus.
  • Zerobox94Zerobox94 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Where is it on the announcements? I dont see it. Link?
    edited November 2010
    Zerobox94;4175001 said:

*sighs* Seriously?

*looks for it* Wait, what?
  • AstrosimiAstrosimi Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I don't think the chances of us getting Beatles DLC is going to get any worse. If anything, I'm hoping whatever new company snaps us Harmonix is willing to finish off this game (as in, give us an appropriate amount of DLC)

But, apparently, the thread announcing this development dissapeared, so I don't even know what I'm talking about :confused:
  • TheSituationTheSituation Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I for one want to thank HMX for many many wonderful multitracks. And for only putting up only a half assed protection scheme. Thanks ;)
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Zerobox94;4175001 said:
    gamegyro56;4175023 said:
    *sighs* Seriously?

*looks for it* Wait, what?

They moved it into the RockBand forum : http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?208088-Response-to-Questions-about-Viacom-Selling-Harmonix
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2010
    WilliamT8;4174171 said:
    Possible requests from Apple Corps. They've always been overly protective of The Beatles' music, and with the lack of guitar effects and the way Starr Power works on drums, they probably don't want people messing with the recordings the way other Rock Band games allow.

Prohibitively expensive licensing costs. Going with Apple being protective of The Beatles, ever wonder why you almost never hear Beatles recordings in other media, or why they've never appeared in a music game before (and to this day aren't on any download services like iTunes)? Harmonix got the rights to use the songs in The Beatles: Rock Band only. If you think they can just push a button and get the songs in other games, try playing "Black Hole Sun" in Rock Band 3.

The songs were mixed for The Beatles: Rock Band only. This gets overlooked a lot, but you've probably noticed that the whole concept of Rock Band is your band performing live, all the setlists being live performances. Half of The Beatles: Rock Band takes place in the studio. The way the band breaks down at the end of "Good Morning Good Morning" works because of how they would end up editing around it on the record. Some songs actually fade out, which would make no sense when your Rock Band 3 band is performing it live.
    edited November 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;4175732 said:
    the way Starr Power works on drums
    :cool:
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I'll buy it, and i will release all the DLC you'd like, if you give me a bagload of cash and your soul... yes.. your soul.
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    Is the John Lennon DLC still coming out? It's supposed to be for celebrating his birthday. How about some more McCartney DLC, Harrison of course and for sure Ringo Starr DLC. But Ringo's All Starr Band DLC would be quite diverse since they have only ever released live albums!
  • illgreenillgreen Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I think that none of this means anything. There's still a possibility that we'll get more DLC. We (as the end-users) "know" nothing.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited November 2010
    Backbeat60-62;4176925 said:
    Is the John Lennon DLC still coming out? It's supposed to be for celebrating his birthday.
    Even though it was announced weeks after his birthday.
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    everwyn400;4172188 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

They'll be forced to make Miley cyrus: Rock Band! It'll make the world explode! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :eek:
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    CaptainKicker;4176860 said:
    I'll buy it, and i will release all the DLC you'd like, if you give me a bagload of cash and your soul... yes.. your soul.

New sig! :D
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2010
    i think they miley cyrus rock band would sell huge numbers, probably better than rock band 3 also
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    master2uall;4180006 said:
    i think they miley cyrus rock band would sell huge numbers, probably better than rock band 3 also

Yep, no one ever went broke from overestimating the tastes of the American public. :p
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    [QUOTE=SirDavidTLynch;4175732Prohibitively expensive licensing costs. Going with Apple being protective of The Beatles, ever wonder why you almost never hear Beatles recordings in other media, or why they've never appeared in a music game before (and to this day aren't on any download services like iTunes)? Harmonix got the rights to use the songs in The Beatles: Rock Band only. [/QUOTE]

I find it quite amusing that you said this just 3 days before it became a reality.

Now, as for solo DLC, we know about the Lennon stuff, which will probably be out in the next few weeks. More McCartney and some Harrison are almost guaranteed, given that we've seen some Macca already, and George's son is heavily involved with HMX. Probably some Ringo then by default.

As for Beatles DLC, I am always hopeful of more when there has been nothing specifically saying there will not be. I think that HMX may be contemplating the best way to incorporate Pro Modes and keys. It is probably very difficult/impossible to get them to work with the game. This would mean the widely talked about Beatles Rock Band 2, which personally I'd be an advocate of. Either that or they start releasing Beatles songs via Paul McCartney live albums (especially live in New York which we've already seen 3 off)