(Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar - Let me guess...

Jaden-SanJaden-San Road Warrior
edited November 2010 in The Rock Band Network
As far as I can tell, this song is pretty popular on the net, but I'm guessing it will NEVER make it to PS3 or Wii since they took sponsorship from Microsoft...

Comments

• sozozososozozoso Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Jaden-San;4178483 said:
    As far as I can tell, this song is pretty popular on the net, but I'm guessing it will NEVER make it to PS3 or Wii since they took sponsorship from Microsoft...
    .. oh it's a song, lol
    hmmm makes me think of one thing...
    here is my hot avatar, lol
    http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww166/sozo2112/be-1.jpg
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Does it matter that the drums are terrible? :D
  • Jaden-SanJaden-San Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    sozozoso;4178509 said:
    .. oh it's a song, lol
    hmmm makes me think of one thing...
    here is my hot avatar, lol
    http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww166/sozo2112/be-1.jpg

Hot... But then again, belf guys always are... :P

But I would still like an answer, so can we stay on-topic?
  • TheKrazyKatzzzTheKrazyKatzzz Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I'm aware that the drums are indeed terrible, but I don't care I want it for the other three instruments.

Although the show is on X-box, I know, it's still about a PC game, not an X-box game, which I think gives it a better chance than "I MA3D A G4M3 WITH ZOMBIES IN IT" or however you spell it. It's also a youtube phenonmenon, and most importantly, a pretty fun-sounding little song.

I'm going to go ahead and designate this a PETITION THREAD with my powers of PETITION for bringing it to the PS3 and Wii and will start with my:

/signed
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    I think you're probably right. If rockbandscores.com is anything to go by, it looks like it'd be a shoo-in for getting ported over to PS3/Wii... so the "Microsoft sponsorship = deal breaker" theory is as good as any.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4178598 said:
    Does it matter that the drums are terrible? :D
    Drums are really fun once you get the sticking down.
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    The only thing I'm surprised about this is that TheMainDrag put it in RBN. They've got good taste in music. ;)

I would guess the chance of making it to other consoles depends on how many people buy the full song.

I would... If I had the points. I'll admit that drums are murderous and tiresome.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    jawillroy;4178771 said:
    I think you're probably right. If rockbandscores.com is anything to go by, it looks like it'd be a shoo-in for getting ported over to PS3/Wii... so the "Microsoft sponsorship = deal breaker" theory is as good as any.

Last I heard, the GLaDOS song was from a game that isn't on the Wii.

Last I heard, Sony Pictures movies were available for streaming via Netflix on the 360.

Last I heard, baseless speculation was still baseless.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;4179572 said:
    Last I heard, Sony Pictures movies were available for streaming via Netflix on the 360.
    So is the Super Mario Bros. Super Show

Felt blasphemous to watch that on an xbox
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I don't get why something being Microsoft endorsed should keep it from other consoles. Why can't we enjoy what they have to offer to?

I also don't get why we still don't have the Left 4 Dead tracks on PS3 - some of us play the game on PC too!

It's music, guys!
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;4179572 said:
    Last I heard, the GLaDOS song was from a game that isn't on the Wii.

Last I heard, baseless speculation was still baseless.
    *Shrugs.* I'll be happy to be proved wrong. Santa, it's the INTERNET. It's made for (of?) baseless speculation.
  • Jaden-SanJaden-San Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    wcarnation;4179593 said:

I also don't get why we still don't have the Left 4 Dead tracks on PS3 - some of us play the game on PC too!

It's music, guys!

Here here! *raises a glass* I would like to play the songs by "The Midnight Riders", too! :(

Again, this is why I don't even bother looking at the songs list anymore because I just end up getting PISSED off at what's not available to me.

Like "Children of December" by The Slip. >:(
  • DKageDKage Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I don't know about anyone else, but I would love for it to be re-authored & released with keys support. I love the song, adore the video, but I can't play it with my girlfriend because she's a keyboardist! Plus the synth bloops and bleeps are screaming 80s keytar goodness. Any hope for that?
  • edited November 2010
    I'm hoping that they are just waiting for keys and harmonies to release Game On and the two newer Midnight Riders songs (from The Passing and The Sacrifice).

I don't think that the Midnight Riders and Guild songs are not on PS3 and Wii due to any exclusive thing i just think with only 5-10 songs a week they just haven't gotten to them yet
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I bought it the other day and would buy it again if it was released with pro keys support, although I'm not sure what they'd have for the guitar part. They may have to leave that part empty.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2010
    The solo at the end is pretty distinctly a guitar solo, as far as I can tell
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2010
    Jaden-San;4178483 said:

Date YOUR avatar...eh..I'd have to think about it. Mine, HELL YES (actually would date MOST of mine! :p :D

I have yet to actually go listen to this song but it gets mentioned a lot.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    The song I am currently authoring is from a PS3 exclusive game-company, but they're fine with it being released on the Xbox