Crush 40 and Power rangers theme?

Zubari95Zubari95 Unsigned
edited June 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I've heard that Crush 40 tried to get some Sonic songs into RBN and so did the singer of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme. But there was some copyright issues with SEGA and Saban.
Now i would like to know, why won't these copyright issues be solved and please us Sonic,Power ranger, Rock Band fans? The songs were considered, but why not actually bring them?

Comments

• Zubari95Zubari95 Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    TheAnimeCow;4180426 said:
    Oh Jesus christ, this will never die will it?

Tell me, do you think these songs should be as DLC? well, I DO!
  • TheAnimeCowTheAnimeCow Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    They should, but they wont, so get the hell over it and stop annoying people about it. Its been discussed to death in other threads over the last year, and continuing to discuss it wont make Crush 40's record label (Because its not Sega thats blocking them) or WMG (Because its not Sabian, but WMG that is blocking MMPR) any more inclined to do anything.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    TheAnimeCow;4180426 said:
    Oh Jesus christ, this will never die will it?
    No, it won't. It will follow me the rest of my life.

I shall set the record again for this:

Crush 40: Our deal fell through. SEGA pretty much told me to go screw myself more or less after I called them out for their terrible communication skills. So that is now completely out of my hands and I'm glad. It was highly unprofessional dealing with them and a horrible experience for me personally.

MMPR: Ron Wasserman (the composer and artist) and myself are 100% ready to record a new version of the song (the original master was not multi-track). All we need to do is get the greenlight from Warner Music Group to license us the composition. Their status right now with the RBN is blurry, but I am remaining close to the situation to see what happens.

I promise the Rock Band community I am doing everything in my power to provide you guys with the best content possible and am listening to what you guys want. :)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    Keep the faith Ozone.

Believe me a solution will fall in your lap when you least expect it.

Don't know how and I don't know when, but sooner or later something will gel and get you guys moving in the right direction again :)
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that if and when these can be charted, Harmonix allows pro guitar on RBN.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    raynebc;4181502 said:
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that if and when these can be charted, Harmonix allows pro guitar on RBN.

Pro Guitar will never happen. There's no chance we have enough testers capable to reviewing those charts.
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4181426 said:
    Keep the faith Ozone.

Believe me a solution will fall in your lap when you least expect it.

Don't know how and I don't know when, but sooner or later something will gel and get you guys moving in the right direction again :)
    Wait, are you saying Ozone Entertainment isn't moving in the right direction?

Those are fighting words. :p
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    TheOzone;4181583 said:
    Wait, are you saying Ozone Entertainment isn't moving in the right direction?

Those are fighting words. :p
    I meant with Ron and the label of doom ;)
  • D1sturb3dD1sturb3d Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Wait, if a song was on a Sonic game that was only available for gamecube, will it only be able to be released for Nintendo systems?
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    D1sturb3d;4182863 said:
    Wait, if a song was on a Sonic game that was only available for gamecube, will it only be able to be released for Nintendo systems?

I'm not familiar with any Sonic game that was only available for the GameCube, but I don't think it matters. I seriously doubt we'll see any Sonic music on Rock Band (though it hurts me to say it).
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    D1sturb3d;4182863 said:

One of the songs that I believe Ozone was trying to secure the rights to was "I Am... All of Me," the title track from Shadow the Hedgehog, which was available on Gamecube, Xbox and PS2.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Evolus;4183119 said:
    One of the songs that I believe Ozone was trying to secure the rights to was "I Am... All of Me," the title track from Shadow the Hedgehog, which was available on Gamecube, Xbox and PS2.

Nope, Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, something from the Black Knight and some instrumental piece
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    TubaDude49;4183354 said:
    Nope, Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, something from the Black Knight and some instrumental piece

Ah, I see. I suppose there was a little bit of wishful thinking in my original post. I really wanted that one on the RBN, heh.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I thought this thread was just troll bait at first. :cool: nvm
  • D1sturb3dD1sturb3d Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    PowerGamer990;4182906 said:
    I'm not familiar with any Sonic game that was only available for the GameCube, but I don't think it matters. I seriously doubt we'll see any Sonic music on Rock Band (though it hurts me to say it).

It was Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
    edited November 2010
    TubaDude49;4185234 said:
    And, as I keep stressing, SEGA didn't rule out the possibility of it happening, just not with Ozone(not that he wants to anymore anyways given all they've put him through(even I wouldn't do it at this point). Buut, if anyone is really serious about charting the songs, I was able to get in touch with SEGA here(login and submit a ticket) when I was trying to convince them to let Ozone release the tracks*

*Note: Don't do that, you're not going to get anywhere if you support Ozone while talking to SEGA. He made a few comments to them that they didn't appreciate, so you're best off simply making negotiations to chart the songs yourself
    I still stand behind my statement that they have their heads up their asses. They have yet to prove otherwise. ;)

But yes, I strongly encourage others to go ahead and try. If you have an endless supply of patience and are willing to be possibly be treated like garbage, you may actually succeed. Make sure when you contact them to not mention my company in any form and treat them as gods, since they believe they are omnipotent.

I'm sorry I sound bitter. I'm sort of still not over how the situation played out and it doesn't help I'm always being linked to SEGA and the RBN. I do wish the next person to work with them the best of luck.
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    TheOzone;4185485 said:
    I'm sorry I sound bitter. I'm sort of still not over how the situation played out and it doesn't help I'm always being linked to SEGA and the RBN. I do wish the next person to work with them the best of luck.

I mean absolutely no offense by this, but with your avatar being what it is, it would be kinda hard for people NOT to associate you with Sega. *chuckles*
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    D1sturb3d;4185287 said:
    It was Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

...Which was a remake (or rather, port) of Sonic Adventure 2 for the Dreamcast. The song was on there too.
  • yuyushamanpieceyuyushamanpiece Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    hey guys, About the Power Rangers, Ron Wasserman, the writer of the MMPR song, made a RBN for the fans of the show, the DLC is named Fight Back.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2011
    TheOzone;4185485 said:

I would try to contact them, but

a) I am not at all professional
    b) I don't want to pay for long distance phone calls
    c) I like Crush 40, but not the modern Sonic games themselves (sorry, it's just an opinion)
    d) I hate being treated like s***.
    e) I'm still in high school, so I doubt they will want anything to do with me.

If anyone has the patience of Gandhi and are able to keep themselves from yelling at uncooperative jerks for long periods of time, please make this happen.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited June 2011
    yuyushamanpiece;4416860 said:
    hey guys, About the Power Rangers, Ron Wasserman, the writer of the MMPR song, made a RBN for the fans of the show, the DLC is named Fight Back.

You felt the need to bump a thread from seven months ago, to inform people of a song from seven months before that? Not sure that's entirely necessary.
    edited June 2011
    hey guys, about the power rangers, ron wasserman, the writer of the mmpr song, made a rbn for the fans of the show, the dlc is named fight back.
    What?! He did?!?!?!
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Just for the fun of it, I contacted Crush 40 a short while ago. I didn't want to go over Ozone's head, but from what he said he was definitely not going to bother with them because of the a**holes Sega were being. After about a week, Crush 40 replied to my email.
    Thanks for your email.
    We already have a partnership with another company for RBN.
    This obviously puzzled me, but I figured it was rude to ask them who they were working with. I'm guessing one of two things happened. Either the person that emailed me doesn't really know what's going on and still thinks something is happening with Ozone or they have indeed signed with another group that hasn't announced it yet.
    edited June 2011
    I can 110% confirm it's not me. I bet it's ChartToppers' announcement later today.

Good on them if they're still doing RBN. But there's no way I'm having any part of it after how they treated me.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Damnit, with your Ozone Entertainment thread and this Power Rangers theme thread back at the top of the 1st page I thought something happened. Oh, well, maybe someday.
    edited June 2011
    madcapmatt;4417042 said:
    Damnit, with your Ozone Entertainment thread and this Power Rangers theme thread back at the top of the 1st page I thought something happened. Oh, well, maybe someday.
    Never say never.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    TheOzone;4417033 said:
    I can 110% confirm it's not me. I bet it's ChartToppers' announcement later today.

Good on them if they're still doing RBN. But there's no way I'm having any part of it after how they treated me.

I will confirm right now that Chart Toppers's announcement later does not involve Crush 40 or Power Rangers in any way.

We're open to working with them if they want us to, but we've not talked at all about RBN.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Crush 40 would be pretty sweet. I Am All of Me was like the only good thing about Shadow the Hedgehog.

Here's hoping we hear just what's going on with this soon enough.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited June 2011

I lol'd.

Remember folks, if they just now started diving into the RBN store, it's new to them. ;)
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    TheOzone;4417054 said:
    Never say never.
    I didn't, I even ended it with cautious optimism. Also, you shouldn't tease people like that, I know you don't like announcing anything until after you have signed contracts in hand, but that was pretty close to a tease if you ask me.